TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris McDonough/the Interview Room is live right now covering Missy's case.

After seeing how McDouough approached the Suzanne Morphew case, I definitely have not been a fan of him. However, here he does a very good detailed insight into the video of the Nissan at the gun store. He is a little slow at getting into it, but once he is into it he demonstrates why he believes this person is casing the gun store.

Where I'm not fully onboard is whether or not the person in the car is the person who killed Missy. Maybe he just happened to be casing the store that night and aborted his plan to rob it. Then went on his way. Why then might LE want to talk to this person? With almost no surrounding buildings the gun store is the closest, albeit 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile away. With no outside cameras operating at the church this is the ONLY other video LE has and this person may simply be a POI, i.e., a potential witness. A long shot on the part of LE, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Why might this person not come forward if he wasn't the murderer? LE has to see this is suspicious and it is likely the person is not going to reveal themself as a potential robbery suspect. Whether they saw anything or not.

Of course, we don't know everything LE knows. A Camp Gladiator participant may have seen a silver sedan leaving the church parking lot as they were approaching. We don't know.

He doesn't believe Missy was targeted and was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time and I tend to believe that is the most likely scenario. He also believes Missy put up one hell of a fight and I agree with that also.

With the way the suspect was dressed and watching them move, I don't think they would have been light on their feet or have great range of motion for a actual physical fight with the victim.

Is it possible, the victim was shot first, then beat with whatever hand tools the suspect had on them? I still think this was personal. IMO

Is it possible, the victim was shot first, then beat with whatever hand tools the suspect had on them? I still think this was personal. IMO
That's certainly possible. But we really don't have any certainty that she was beaten with anything. All we know for sure is that the weapon used was a gun -- and it's possible that she was simply shot and LE kept silent about that fact, thereby letting public misconceptions arise that it was a physical attack, as a means to keep the facts of an ongoing investigation away from public knowledge. As lhughessk has noted, LE's "descriptions" of the attack and cause of death were completely reined in (and somewhat adjusted) once they got the autopsy results, with fuzzier wording, rather than being made more explicit and clearer.

That's certainly possible. But we really don't have any certainty that she was beaten with anything. All we know for sure is that the weapon used was a gun -- and it's possible that she was simply shot and LE kept silent about that fact, thereby letting public misconceptions arise that it was a physical attack, as a means to keep the facts of an ongoing investigation away from public knowledge. As lhughessk has noted, LE's "descriptions" of the attack and cause of death were completely reined in (and somewhat adjusted) once they got the autopsy results, with fuzzier wording, rather than being made more explicit and clearer.

One of the first search warrants specified that she had been killed by puncture wounds to her head and neck, likely caused by the weapon seen being carried by the perpetrator as they walked around the church.

Unless I missed it, LE has never confirmed that she was killed by a gunshot wound. I know it says that in the database, but I have never been able to find out who provided the info to the database, and if LE hasn’t released the info, why would they tell the person compiling the database?

One of the first search warrants specified that she had been killed by puncture wounds to her head and neck, likely caused by the weapon seen being carried by the perpetrator as they walked around the church.

Unless I missed it, LE has never confirmed that she was killed by a gunshot wound. I know it says that in the database, but I have never been able to find out who provided the info to the database, and if LE hasn’t released the info, why would they tell the person compiling the database?

The above is true, but ...
(1) We have no need to know who with the MPD compiled and reported their info to the FBI. Doubt we'll be told, because why does it matter. It says what it says. Weapon was handgun. Quite blunt.
(2) I thought the same as you (and cited that early warrant you did), until I had more info. It was provided by Lhughessk in post 448 above and I'll quote it here: "...the first warrant, the truck warrant, was 6 pm Monday and was the only pre-autopsy warrant. It said simply “deceased from a head wound.” The warrant you cited was post-autopsy. I’ve stated before, my belief is that after police confirmed gunshot in the autopsy, they decided to protect the gunshot info and amended their description of her injuries accordingly so that it was less precise about what the fatal wound actually was."

After reflecting on it, that added up to me, especially in light of how fuzzy their wording became in the ensuing warrants, even though they knew more.

You ask why LE has not "confirmed that she was killed by a gunshot wound" but they have indeed said that to the FBI. As for why they haven't told the general public, the answer by Lhughessk makes sense. There are many cases in which LE keeps details of the crime to themselves, out of view of the public. And frankly, other than morbid curiosity, there's no real reason we the public need to know, is there.

You note that in later warrants the wording is that she was "killed by puncture wounds to her head and neck, likely caused by the weapon seen being carried by the perpetrator as they walked around the church." I think that wording was very deliberate, meant to be fuzzy, yet completely accurate as to a gunshot wound to the head (and body). The bullet(s) did puncture - yet we the public , already assuming she must have been bludgeoned, saw that as bludgeoning. And we assume we "saw all" on video, yet LE admitted there was more video they didn't release, which easily could have shown a gun.

Last edited:
Chris McDonough of the Interview Room made an analysis of MBs murder by saying it was caused by a burglar whom she encountered. She was strong and fought back so he was forced to use harsh weapons.

The silver Nissan Altima videoed at the SWFA store leaves and 19 minutes later, lights are activated at the church, according to gumshoes stories.
What does that mean "lights are activated"? I mean, what sort of lights: exterior, interior, motion detector, camera? and/or where?

I remembered a long time space between the car at SWFA and the SwatPerp on camera or entering CCoC.

two posts from page 7 of the timeline thread
TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, Dallas 18 Apr 2016 Media & Timeline *NO DISCUSSION*
the Altima at SWFA "entered 1:58AM, exited 2:04AM"

Odd silence falls over Missy Bevers murder probe as ‘Person of Interest’ and ‘Vehicle of Interest’ emerge
"... It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much..."

and from page 1 of this thread
TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45
[paraphrasing post] SwatPerp is recorded inside CCOC at 3:50AM and MB enters at 4:20AM.

So are we being informed that the lights went on at CCOC at 19 minutes after the Altima left SWFA, the implication being that SwatPerp was there for two hours (2:23AM to 4:20AM) just waiting and not just thirty minutes (3:50AM to 4:20AM)?

BTW the road Hwy 287 is divided and each side is separately elevated, so the Altima enters and exits to the same one-way side going southeast toward I35East - which is away from CCOC. The Altima would need to make a u-turn somewhere to get back to CCOC. Maybe that explains the 19 minutes until CCOC lights, to get turned around and go back? ... But then it starts to look targeted to CCOC or MBevers that he had to go exactly there, on a stormy night, and all dressed up for a mere burglary, carrying a gun?

What does that mean "lights are activated"? I mean, what sort of lights: exterior, interior, motion detector, camera? and/or where?

I remembered a long time space between the car at SWFA and the SwatPerp on camera or entering CCoC.

Odd silence falls over Missy Bevers murder probe as ‘Person of Interest’ and ‘Vehicle of Interest’ emerge
"... It was recorded by a series of cameras posted around a gun store near the church about two hours before the murder. The Nissan Altima spends six minutes in the SWFA Outdoors parking lot, much..."

[paraphrasing post] SwatPerp is recorded inside CCOC at 3:50AM and MB enters at 4:20AM.

So are we being informed that the lights went on at CCOC at 19 minutes after the Altima left SWFA, the implication being that SwatPerp was there for two hours (2:23AM to 4:20AM) just waiting and not just thirty minutes (3:50AM to 4:20AM)?

BTW the road Hwy 287 is divided and each side is separately elevated, so the Altima enters and exits to the same one-way side going southeast toward I35East - which is away from CCOC. The Altima would need to make a u-turn somewhere to get back to CCOC. Maybe that explains the 19 minutes until CCOC lights, to get turned around and go back? ... But then it starts to look targeted to CCOC or MBevers that he had to go exactly there, on a stormy night, and all dressed up for a mere burglary, carrying a gun?
BBM. It wasn’t lights that were activated; it was cameras within the church. They activated and began recording at 2:23 a.m, but they did not capture any person or the cause of the activation.

This does not necessarily mean that Missy’s killer was the source of the camera activation. Did that sort of thing happen routinely due to camera glitches, birds fluttering outside a window, or the glare of headlights from passing cars? Or was this unprecedented?

It has long been theorized that maybe the killer broke windows/doors from outside the church to test for an alarm and then drove to SWFA to wait for police response. But an alternate theory could be that the killer went to SWFA first for whatever reason, then the church second.

You ask good questions.

Having been there more than once, I can address your last paragraph. Despite the median dividing the highway, the travel time from SWFA to CCOC would have been relatively short. There was rain, perhaps heavy, but no traffic at that hour, and the distance to the church less than a mile in total. The place to cross over and turn around after heading east was quite close (approx 1/4 mile). I'd estimate it would have taken at most a couple of minutes, and perhaps half that, to get to the church, had the Altima been heading to the church after exiting the SWFA driveway.

It has long been theorized that maybe the killer broke windows/doors from outside the church to test for an alarm and then drove to SWFA to wait for police response. But an alternate theory could be that the killer went to SWFA first for whatever reason, then the church second.

A third theory, of course, that many theorize is that the driver of the Altima stopped at SWFA for some reason unrelated to CCOC. And then hours later, a different car and driver came to CCOC to commit some illegal act or another.

A third theory, of course, that many theorize is that the driver of the Altima stopped at SWFA for some reason unrelated to CCOC. And then hours later, a different car and driver came to CCOC to commit some illegal act or another.
Yes, it’s certainly possible that the Altima is unrelated to the murder. But the chances of it being connected are higher today than they were five years ago.

Attachments

• C9CF8868-09DC-4041-9A99-F29E5CB80DE2.jpeg
    C9CF8868-09DC-4041-9A99-F29E5CB80DE2.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 75
BBM. It wasn’t lights that were activated; it was cameras within the church. They activated and began recording at 2:23 a.m, but they did not capture any person or the cause of the activation.

This does not necessarily mean that Missy’s killer was the source of the camera activation. Did that sort of thing happen routinely due to camera glitches, birds fluttering outside a window, or the glare of headlights from passing cars? Or was this unprecedented?

It wasn’t lights that were activated; it was cameras within the church.

Correct. Cameras and not the Lights were activated.

LE sort of told us that much by saying the criminal entered the kitchen where they stayed for a while.

Why did SP linger so long, or for any amount of time, in the kitchen area, immediately after breaching the church's interior and before activating hallway cameras? Did it have anything to do with messing with the POLICE clothes?

I misspoke. Ha.

I wrote the word lights but it should have read the cameras were activated.

what the motive that was considered ? I thought they were in the state where both of them are having affairs ?

Though both individuals apparently followed a certain lifestyle, human emotions generated by sexual activity are not always objective.

I have no idea whether any of these lines of thought were present at any time. But, possible motives might stem from the following lines of thought:

- Lifestyle "S" was great- until I wanted out and my spouse did not.

- I have no problems with the lifestyle- until my wife got more successful at it than I was.

- Ok, we both engage in the lifestyle. But we still need to follow these rules. Of course the rules are not written down and are subject to change and interpretation....

In short the fact that both partners apparently participated does not eliminate the potential for internal disputes given the emotional nature of the activity.

Last edited:
Yes, it’s certainly possible that the Altima is unrelated to the murder. But the chances of it being connected are higher today than they were five years ago.

Not sure that's true. It's not like we've seen the same Altima elsewhere doing crimes, or have had a witness say they thought they saw an Altima at CCOC. And there's no way anyone who owned the Altima would want to step up and say "That was me" in these circumstances. Get caught up in a murder investigation you had no part in? Invite LE to look up your butt for something suspicious regarding SWFA, or anything similar, at anytime before or after? Even if entirely innocent, why would anyone ever volunteer to put themselves in those crosshairs?

Though both individuals apparently followed a certain lifestyle, human emotions generated by sexual activity are not always objective.

I have no idea whether any of these lines of thought were present at any time. But, possible motives might stem from the following lines of thought:

- Lifestyle "S" was great- until I wanted out and my spouse did not.

- I have no problems with the lifestyle- until my wife got more successful at it than I did.

- Ok, we both engage in the lifestyle. But we still need to follow these rules. Of course the rules are not written down and are subject to change and interpretation....

In short the fact that both partners apparently participated does not eliminate the potential for internal disputes given the emotional nature of the activity.

- I have no problems with the lifestyle- until my wife got more successful at it than I did.

Speaking of being more successful; ironically, Missy made a nice income from the same pyramid consulting business that helped Shannan Watts earn a nice income and trips. RIP Shannan Watts

That company is Thrive.

That company is Thrive.
Good observation about Thrive. I don't think that possibility has been discussed much.

Apparently the company is not a pyramid in the legal sense, but does have pyramid like characteristics. In pyramid schemes, somebody is always left "holding the bag".

Though Thrive is apparently not a pyramid per se, I wonder if the internal set up features "buy ins" under various guises to other participants or to the company as a whole?

Isn't that the same info from the 2019 geofence warrant? I'm not following how it's more important today? tia

Dropbox - Geofence Search Warrant.pdf - Simplify your life
Let me try to rephrase. 5 years ago, we had one grainy still photo of the back of a car. It wasn’t clear at all where at SWFA the car was located. So the speculation was, this car might be some traveler who just pulled off to check a map, or was having an electrical malfunction in the rain, etc. We didn’t know what time it happened. We didn’t know how much time it spent there. We knew of no behavior of the car other than a car pulled off the highway, period.

Fast forward 7 months and SWFA released the video on their own in December 2016. Now we understood that the car didn’t simply pull just off the highway and then back on a moment later. It went all the way around the entire property. And it turned its lights off and on several times, including before it even made the turn into the lot. And we now knew it was around 2:00 a.m.

But even knowing this information, one could still point out that it’s quite a gap of time between 2 a.m. at the store and a 4:20 murder. As SteveS has consistently pointed out, that is “hours” of time between two buildings that aren’t exactly next door to one another.

Fast forward to January 2019 and the geofence warrant. It’s made clear that something unusual with the cameras happened at 2:23, which is just 19 minutes after the car left SWFA. And it’s also notable that police were using this information in the probable cause affidavit 3 years after the murder. So years later, they still have their eyes on that car and its possible relationship to the murder. So much so that they did a geofence warrant for both the church AND the gun store.

So that’s where it stands. Do weird coincidences happen? Yes. Do they often turn out to be just coincidences and nothing more? Yes. And that could still be the case with the Altima. But, from the point we started with it in 2016 until now, each new piece of info we’ve gotten on the Altima has only strengthened the potential of a connection.

Isn't that the same info from the 2019 geofence warrant? I'm not following how it's more important today? tia

Dropbox - Geofence Search Warrant.pdf - Simplify your life

The Search Warrant document is dated January 2019.
RE: TimeLine of SP at CoC

2:23am <modsnip: SW does not specify that the perp entered the building at that time, only that "motion activated cameras in the building are first activated but they do not capture any person or cause of the activation">

3:50am First appears on camera

4:18am Missy enters church

4:35am First camper arrived and waiting outside

5:02am Body discovered

My friends, that's 27 minutes spent in the kitchen if that's indeed where SP entered the bldg.

Bevers Search Warrant.png

Login - Dropbox

Last edited by a moderator:
All that elaboration about the Altima is logical, if we look at it one way.

At the same time, maybe the 2019 warrant was not so much indicating "added suspicion about the Altima" and instead was just trying to cast the widest net possible, in their search for clues. Isn't that how they'd want to do it?

They had a somewhat-plausible explanation to justify a link between the Altima and the murder (ignoring and downplaying, of course, the multiple issues with the time and sequence). So they included that possible connection, as well they should have, to expand their search.

But if we think that means the chances of the Altima being connected had somehow increased, rather than recognizing that LE was just trying to get the most latitude possible, aren't we fooling ourselves? The facts are still the same as they always were. The time issues that point against it haven't gotten smaller. And now we might even have reason to think a search warrant of phone usage also found no connection between the Altima and what happened later at CCOC.

Dedee, as for when the perp entered the building, we have no way of knowing. All we know is when they were first seen on camera, at about 3:50.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members