"Play Misty For Me" actress, Jessica Walter, dies at 80

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Jessica Walter, ‘Arrested Development’ Matriarch, Dies at 80 - The New York Times

An Emmy Award-winning actress, she gained early fame in Clint Eastwood’s “Play Misty for Me” and found a new audience in a TV cult hit.

Jessica Walter, whose six-decade acting career included roles ranging from an obsessed radio fan in Clint Eastwood’s directorial debut, “Play Misty for Me,” to the cutting, martini-swilling matriarch of the dysfunctional Bluth family on “Arrested Development,” died at her home in Manhattan on Wednesday. She was 80.:oops:

Ms. Walter’s death was confirmed by her publicist, Kelli Jones, who did not specify a cause...

Last edited:
I enjoyed her in Arrested Development but I just loved her in Archer. Some of the best, snarkiest, funniest lines. And Play Misty For Me is an old favorite, I watch it every year.

Rest easy, Jessica, and thank you for the joy.

Play Misty for me is an old time favourite and I have seen it many times. Still gives me goose bumps. She was a fantastic actress. May she rest in peace.

I loved her in every role I saw her act. The world lost a great actress. My daughter texted me to tell me the sad news. She and I always enjoyed watching in ever role Ms Walters played. May she rest in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back