CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Authorities are searching for a 39-year-old Chula Vista mother of three who has been missing since last week.

Maya “May” Millete was last seen Thursday evening in her Chula Vista home near the San Miguel Ranch area, according to her family members.

More at Authorities, family search for missing Chula Vista woman

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

There are no officially named POIs or suspects in this case, so a timely reminder about Websleuths "victim friendly" policy is in order.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

Please post accordingly.

Couple of things folks ...

There are no officially named POIs in this case so direct accusations against anyone are not allowed.

Please use the Reply feature instead of the @ symbol when replying; otherwise members don't know what you are responding to.

Thanks.

Nearly three months after a California mother of three went missing, her family and their lawyer are revealing chilling new details about her troubled marriage before she vanished.

Maya Millete, 39, disappeared on Jan. 7, the same day that she made an appointment with a divorce attorney for the following week.

Maya's brother-in-law, Richard Drouaillet, said that marriage troubles between her and her husband, Larry Millete, began long before then though, claiming Larry constantly reached out to Maya's family to try to enlist their help in fixing their relationship throughout 2020.

More at California missing mother told family it was husband if ‘anything' happens

Nearly three months after a California mother of three went missing, her family and their lawyer are revealing chilling new details about her troubled marriage before she vanished.

Maya Millete, 39, disappeared on Jan. 7, the same day that she made an appointment with a divorce attorney for the following week.

Maya's brother-in-law, Richard Drouaillet, said that marriage troubles between her and her husband, Larry Millete, began long before then though, claiming Larry constantly reached out to Maya's family to try to enlist their help in fixing their relationship throughout 2020.

More at California missing mother told family it was husband if ‘anything' happens

Yes, new and more troubeling info in this article. :( Great find @GuyfromCanada!

"A member of Maya's family, who wishes to remain anonymous, told Fox News exclusively about a disturbing statement she dropped on her loved ones during that vacation, warning, "If anything happened to me, it would be Larry.""

Source: California missing mother told family it was husband if ‘anything' happens

Last edited:
“A spokesperson for the Chula Vista Police Department told Fox News they have not found evidence of a crime and do not have any suspects, but the department "will continue to investigate any and all leads we receive." ”
California missing mother told family it was husband if ‘anything' happens

It’s gotta be the CVPD is waiting for something definitive, specific. It is now feeling so obvious, yet they don’t make the step. MOO

Yes, new and more troubeling info in this article. :( Great find @GuyfromCanada!

"A member of Maya's family, who wishes to remain anonymous, told Fox News exclusively about a disturbing statement she dropped on her loved ones during that vacation, warning, "If anything happened to me, it would be Larry.""

Source: California missing mother told family it was husband if ‘anything' happens

yes., just read that too

another excerpt from article:
It was during that trip that Maya allegedly warned that Larry might do something to her, according to a family member who spoke to Fox News on condition of anonymity.

Maya Millette warned family about her husband days before she vanished | Daily Mail Online

Things are starting to come into the light

I just popped in. That article is super disturbing. Please get the kids out.

MOO, the link to solving this case and finding out where Maya can be found rests with the relative. I'd even suggest having dogs sniff out their backyard. Get search warrants to check out their car's GPS and phones and computers ....but, of course, CVPD might not be able to legally do that. Can they, it seems they have reason?

Unfortunately, I'm not sure CVPD paid enough attention upon hearing of the freezer. Once CVPD heard about the freezer that was moved to a relatives house on Saturday, Jan. 9th, the same day Maya's family went to the house wanting to report her missing LE should have been on it like glue. Heck, I don't think the freezer was even part of the search warrant weeks later. I hope I'm wrong and that CVPD is aware of the relative's role in what may have been the disposal.

MOO, I don't think the relative moved a clean freshly bleached freezer. Not many people were aware of Maya being missing yet. Hello , hello CVPD, moving that freezer on that particular day is key information. Don't you think? All MOO.
Yes, i've always thought she was still in the vicinity. bring out the dogs, ESPECIALLY the backyard. it looks like the backyard has no grass, but pavers (google earth)

all speculative MOO

... snipped to reply...the vicinity. bring out the dogs, ESPECIALLY the backyard. it looks like the backyard has no grass, but pavers (google earth)
all speculative MOO
Actually, I meant the relatives backyard. I'm going to talk in generalities now because using her name is too much of a nightmarish reality. (The freezer could have had a body in it when it was moved to the relatives.) Yes, it'd be incredibly lazy if the helper just buried the body in his backyard though, and too brazen. Plus, usually the ground is hard to dig here in SoCal. MOO, the relative took the body from the freezer and disposed of the body someplace maybe farther away. Remember LM was stalling for time before they reported Maya missing, so maybe he was giving his helper time. The family might have alrady noticed the freezer was missing.

LM was looking for people to side with him, he was looking for someone to do in Maya or the supposed boyfriend... I think LM got the relative to help him. JMO, if there is a helper then there is hope that helper will cave and either turn themselves in or talk once offered a deal. It may be the only way Maya's family will get answers and find her.

All my own thoughts and opinions.

Actually, I meant the relatives backyard. I'm going to talk in generalities now because using her name is too much of a nightmarish reality. (The freezer could have had a body in it when it was moved to the relatives.) Yes, it'd be incredibly lazy if the helper just buried the body in his backyard though, and too brazen. Plus, usually the ground is hard to dig here in SoCal. MOO, the relative took the body from the freezer and disposed of the body someplace maybe farther away. Remember LM was stalling for time before they reported Maya missing, so maybe he was giving his helper time. The family might have alrady noticed the freezer was missing.

LM was looking for people to side with him, he was looking for someone to do in Maya or the supposed boyfriend... I think LM got the relative to help him. JMO, if there is a helper then there is hope that helper will cave and either turn themselves in or talk once offered a deal. It may be the only way Maya's family will get answers and find her.

All my own thoughts and opinions.
This is making more sense now than since the beginning. It’s like wait, what? Freezer? Goes to a relative on the day LM has no choice but to report MM missing, he’s stalled for time, drove who knows where on that Friday with his son, and all along an accomplice of the freezer-receiving variety (purely moo and speculation) has had 48+ hours to take MM’s body absolutely anywhere and not be on anyone’s radar!?

All speculation, opinion, theorizing, but this freezer thing feels like the thing that breaks this all loose. I sure hope LE knows more about it than anyone.

yes., just read that too

another excerpt from article:
It was during that trip that Maya allegedly warned that Larry might do something to her, according to a family member who spoke to Fox News on condition of anonymity.

Maya Millette warned family about her husband days before she vanished | Daily Mail Online

Things are starting to come into the light
Also found at your link:

The second part of this Fox News Digital exclusive will be posted Monday morning at 6 a.m. ET

38964802-9231885-image-m-224_1612643113413.jpg

April 5, 2021

'If anything happened to me, it would be Larry.'

That's the chilling warning missing mother-of-three Maya 'May' Millete, 39, allegedly told her family just days before she disappeared in January in Southern California.

As the search for Maya stretches into its fourth month, her relatives have become increasingly insistent that police zero in on her husband of 21 years, Larry Millette.

[..]

Speaking to Fox News, Richard recalled how Larry had called him asking for advice about his marriage last summer.

'He just sounded desperate, you know, "You gotta listen to me. It's her fault, it's her fault,"' Richard said.

He said that Larry began sending increasingly bizarre messages to his in-laws in the months that followed.

In September he allegedly sent on of Maya's relatives a photo that showed a picture of the couple covered in what appeared to be drops of blood and four candles.

'He did some extreme s**t,' Richard said.

[..]

Maya's relatives told Fox News that they've been cautious about speaking out because they're afraid of Larry.

Larry has declined to speak to the media and reportedly stopped cooperating with police in the investigation after retaining his own lawyer.

I wonder if the lawyer/PI hired by her family said something as simple as "I'm an investigator" to LM, and LM didn't question that at all in his effort to show co-operation? Just let him in.

The freezer worries me. The shrine is chilling, it's like a crazy wall. Very very concerned about those children.

MOO

In September he allegedly sent on of Maya's relatives a photo that showed a picture of the couple covered in what appeared to be drops of blood and four candles.
^^sbm
The red drops are not blood - it's red candle wax from the red candles also seen in the photo. Nonetheless -- it's an eerie message.

41337374-9435847-image-a-1_1617577007686.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if the lawyer/PI hired by her family said something as simple as "I'm an investigator" to LM, and LM didn't question that at all in his effort to show co-operation? Just let him in.

The freezer worries me. The shrine is chilling, it's like a crazy wall. Very very concerned about those children.

MOO
Just days into the investigation and when LM giving interviews, I recall LM stating NCIS had been to the residence. This is what gives me pause on Mr. Little's version. MOO

(Reportedly, Little conducted his "walk-through" of the family residence on Monday - just a day after the family reported MM missing).

California missing woman's husband planned murder-for-hire scheme targeting alleged boyfriend: witness

4/5/21

The Chula Vista Police Department, meanwhile, is continuing to investigate all potential leads.

"This is an ongoing case, with detectives working on it continuously since day one," Eric Thunberg, a spokesperson for the CVPD, told Fox News Sunday.

"We have no suspects at this point but we certainly have people who remain crucial witnesses to her disappearance. We are in frequent communication with our regional partners about this case and are working to identify evidence, locate it, analyze it and follow where it leads."

Anyone with any information should call the CVPD at 619-691-5151 or Crime Stoppers at 888-580-8477.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa