MN - George Floyd, 46, died in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #11 - Chauvin Trial Day 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
So state and prosecution are arguing about the fluid that's on the floor. I thought before today that it wasn't bodily fluid but state seem to not be discounting that by their question just now about AC still running in the car and therefore no condensation...

If this is bodily fluid, would that not be evident on the clothes he was wearing. Were the clothes destroyed before being able to be examined? Samples of the fluid on the floor would have been taken at the scene no? I'm confused as to why this is being argued. It should be known either way and therefore not arguable?...

I'm behind because I had to pause for a few minutes. But I thought it was possibly urine too, others pointed out to me that it was there before he was on the ground and in one of the video's we saw today, I can see it there. Also, I did see it dripping from the car on hmmm Keung's (I think) body cam video the other night.

So state and prosecution are arguing about the fluid that's on the floor. I thought before today that it wasn't bodily fluid but state seem to not be discounting that by their question just now about AC still running in the car and therefore no condensation...

If this is bodily fluid, would that not be evident on the clothes he was wearing. Were the clothes destroyed before being able to be examined? Samples of the fluid on the floor would have been taken at the scene no? I'm confused as to why this is being argued. It should be known either way and therefore not arguable?...
Both state and defense are seizing every miniscule detail they can swing to their advantage

I’m not buying that GF is saying “I ate too many drugs” makes no sense why GF would say that in that moment and I can’t make out at all what GF is saying! Nelson is suggesting evidence here. Can’t believe this last witness agreed that’s what he said!

Nelson both-waying it again. Don't believe Floyd when he says he can't breathe, but believe Floyd if he says he "ate" too many drugs.

If Floyd said that, there's no way of knowing from that statement alone if it's true or WHEN he "ate" them. It is not relevant because the police already suspected Floyd was on something. We will have in evidence the toxicology. It's no score here because if DC heard that and didn't sit this man up, that's criminal.

I'm just beyond floored that Nelson wants us to disbelieve Floyd when he says his head hurts, his neck hurts, his stomach hurts, his everything hurts, and he can't breathe -- BUT we are supposed to believe he ate too many pills???

Well, if he did eat too many pills, maybe that's why his head hurts, his neck hurts, his stomach hurts, his everything hurts, and he can't breathe. Maybe that is why DC should have taken action to help Floyd instead of kneeing his neck, back, shoulder or wherever Nelson wants to say he kneed.

Both state and defense are seizing every miniscule detail they can swing to their advantage. It gets tiring, imo

I’m not buying that GF is saying “I ate too many drugs” makes no sense why GF would say that in that moment and I can’t make out at all what GF is saying! Nelson is suggesting evidence here. Can’t believe this last witness agreed that’s what he said!

Like him or not... Nelson has been able to get a lot of these witnesses to agree with him.

Both state and defense are seizing every miniscule detail they can swing to their advantage. It gets tiring, imo

So are you thinking that it actually mustn't be known either way? Otherwise one of them is just going to look a fool when someone comes along and says actually we took a sample and it was x.

I just find it really hard to think that with forensics and scene preservation that it's not known, and I would personally heavily question why. It not like asking someone to find a finger print in an unknown location. There's liquid on the floor in a crime scene that we've taped off...

Like him or not... Nelson has been able to get a lot of these witnesses to agree with him.

I don't like it, but I do accept this. I often find myself saying "Why have you said yes!! why not just say it's not clear/I can't make that out/ I can't tell that from that angle"... Because those are my thoughts to many of his questions. But alas the witnesses say what they say and the jury have to take that.

ETA: not saying they're being dishonest. Just surprised how many can make affirmative statement to exhibits that IMO are not clear.

Last edited:
So are you thinking that it actually mustn't be known either way? Otherwise one of them is just going to look a fool when someone comes along and says actually we took a sample and it was x.

I just find it really hard to think that with forensics and scene preservation that it's not known, and I would personally heavily question why. It not like asking someone to find a finger print in an unknown location. There's liquid on the floor in a crime scene that we've taped off...
I was speaking in general, but regarding the fluid on the floor in particular, since it hasn't been mentioned earlier, I figured there might be a stipulation in place that it was already determined of no importance.

https://twitter.com/AnaViLastra/status/1379881733328363520

Pool reporter adds that jurors started taking notes when Nelson asked Reyerson about hearing Floyd say "I ate too many drugs" and the juror appeared more alert. #DerekChauvinTrial

Pool reporter says it appeared one juror was "checking out a bit" around 2 p.m., possibly struggling to stay awake. They also noted that one of the deputies near the front of the courtroom also appeared to be "struggling" to stay awake around that time. #DerekChauvinTrial

I don't like it, but I do accept this. I often find myself saying "Why have you said yes!! why not just say it's not clear/I can't make that out/ I can't tell that from that angle"... Because those are my thoughts to many of his questions. But alas the witnesses say what they say and the jury have to take that.

But the jury will be told they are they the ultimate finders of fact, and they can believe all, part, or none of someone's testimony. They do not have to take every single answer as gospel.

For me, I watch a ton of trials and I see witnesses agreeing with the defense A LOT, and I also see the defendants getting convicted. A rack up of "yeses" doesn't mean win on the actual facts. The prosecution gets a lot of "yeses" out of defense witnesses, too.

I was speaking in general, but regarding the fluid on the floor in particular, since it hasn't been mentioned earlier, I figured there might be a stipulation in place that it was already determined of no importance.

Ah okay. I don't know the in's and out's of the process. If something is stipulated as being of no importance surely it shouldn't be allowed into the trial... clearly it is but that seems silly MOO.

Last edited:

I would hope that these witnesses are being truthful and not just agreeing with Nelson just because. I think if they really thought it was unclear, couldn't make it out, etc. they would say that.

I do think we will see much the same when the State crosses defense witnesses. JMO

I do wonder if what they see is a bit clearer than what we do? I have had to go to full screen on my laptop just to try to see what they are pointing out sometimes. JMO

But the jury will be told they are they the ultimate finders of fact, and they can believe all, part, or none of someone's testimony. They do not have to take every single answer as gospel.

For me, I watch a ton of trials and I see witnesses agreeing with the defense A LOT, and I also see the defendants getting convicted. A rack up of "yeses" doesn't mean win on the actual facts.

Yes of course! :)

I would hope that these witnesses are being truthful and not just agreeing with Nelson just because. I think if they really thought it was unclear, couldn't make it out, etc. they would say that.

I do think we will see much the same when the State crosses defense witnesses. JMO

I do wonder if what they see is a bit clearer than what we do? I have had to go to full screen on my laptop just to try to see what they are pointing out sometimes. JMO

Ah yes sorry I'm not saying they're being dishonest. I'm just surprised how many people are agreeing with something that IMO is really not clear! But like you say who know whether the sound/video is clearer to them..

Really disappointed that this witness Reyerson agreed to that other statement fed to him by Nelson. Now he’s saying GF is saying “I ain’t do no drugs” but the damage is done. Now it looks like he’s backpedaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidsmith107