Burned 5 year old arrives in U.S.

What a great story!!! I've got tears! The family said that they think the United States is "paradise." I only wish more Iraqi families could see that democracy isn't so bad and its definately worth fighting for. They could have this. . . .

What a great story!!! I've got tears! The family said that they think the United States is "paradise." I only wish more Iraqi families could see that democracy isn't so bad and its definately worth fighting for. They could have this. . . .

So true, the father was not pictured in the original story because he feared losing his job and retribution but said he would ask for help for his son no matter the cost for him. The only sad thing is they will eventually have to go back.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is a great story!Thank you for posting it :)

Heres another article they just posted on CNN. It just makes me think of how luck we were to be born in America.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/12/youssif.arrives/index.html

Standing on the apartment's balcony, Youssif's father turned to Barbara Friedman, executive director of the Children's Burn Foundation.
"You see America on television, but you never imagine or dream that you will ever be here." He paused, tears in his eyes.
"It's more than paradise."

This is the same father who walked the streets of Baghdad seeking help for his boy. He went to the Health Ministry and even wrote letters to the Iraqi parliament and the prime minister's office for help. No one would listen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back