CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for this touching, sorrow-filled interview, @swedeheart.

We can have no clear understanding of how investigations by LE are proceeding in this case, nor how they are communicating with and/or supporting the family, but I find it so very sad to watch Maya's sister as she answers a question regarding LE, and responds by saying

"...Even with them, they haven't really helped us in our searches..."

Does Maricris mean LE haven't been involved in the family's specific searches, or does she imply they are not searching for her actively at all? Surely this is not true, but perhaps their focus needs to be on finding and naming a suspect, and gathering enough credible evidence to warrant charges against the person/s, rather than using resources to find Maya.

When asked is she has confidence all is being done to find Maya, Maricris says "she has hopes" they'll be able to find her.

Heart-wrenching...

Thanks for this touching, sorrow-filled interview, @swedeheart.

We can have no clear understanding of how investigations by LE are proceeding in this case, nor how they are communicating with and/or supporting the family, but I find it so very sad to watch Maya's sister as she answers a question regarding LE, and responds by saying

"...Even with them, they haven't really helped us in our searches..."

Does Maricris mean LE haven't been involved in the family's specific searches, or does she imply they are not searching for her actively at all? Surely this is not true, but perhaps their focus needs to be on finding and naming a suspect, and gathering enough credible evidence to warrant charges against the person/s, rather than using resources to find Maya.

When asked is she has confidence all is being done to find Maya, Maricris says "she has hopes" they'll be able to find her.

Heart-wrenching...

I believe CVPD answered the "search" question last week. If they knew the location of MM -- dead or alive, they'd be there on the spot. LE stated they don't want to give the family or its team of volunteer searchers false leads by directing them to any area.

The Chula Vista Police Department also stated “it would like to recognize the volunteer search efforts and the support from numerous community members assisting to locate May. We recognize one of the frustrating aspects of May's disappearance is that there is no specific region or location identified.”

Maricris Drouaillet said we try to understand, but then again, we as a family, want an answer as soon as possible. Their deepest fear is that no new information will come to light.

The search for Maya Millete: 3 months later | cbs8.com

ETA: add extended interview with CVPD

Extended interview: Capt. Eric Thunberg, CVPD investigations unit regarding Maya Millete case

April 5, 2021

Transcript:

[..]

one of the questions the family has is

06:58

can't you give them

07:00

a general area to search because as you

07:03

know they have lots of

07:05

volunteers who are willing to search

07:07

certainly i

07:08

understand you don't have a specific

07:10

area for them to search but don't you

07:12

have a general corridor

07:14

that you can assist the family in

07:16

helping them

07:17

where to search i will say that if we

07:20

knew if we knew of where to go

07:24

and had an idea of

07:28

where they could search that was

07:30

conducive that was consistent with what

07:31

we know or believe

07:33

or what we believe was travel the route

07:36

that was traveled

07:37

yeah we would share the information but

07:40

at this point we are still

07:41

working to determine exactly where

07:44

those areas may be and so we're

07:48

exhausting

07:48

all all aspects of

07:53

investigation as far as trying to

07:54

determine where that might be and to

07:56

nail it down

07:57

um a hundred percent and so absent

08:00

absent you know very specific

08:02

information that's the hard part is

08:04

we can give a general description um you

08:07

know of of where things might go but the

08:08

problem is

08:09

that's not it's not based on anything

08:11

other than a desire for people to do

08:13

something and a desire to

08:14

let them go out and and search and it

08:16

may not be accurate and that's part of

08:18

the problem is

08:19

we don't want to create a bunch of busy

08:21

work

08:22

and mobilize people when in fact it may

08:25

not be

08:25

accurate information and so we're going

08:27

to be very careful with sending out

08:29

folks you know or mobilizing folks or

08:31

giving people you know

08:33

information to help us if it's not

08:35

accurate that's not that's just not good

08:37

that's just not

08:37

it's not a good it's not a good practice

08:39

it's not a good habit it's not safe

08:41

for a number of reasons and so if and

08:44

when we have information that we can

08:45

provide that gives us

08:47

you know specific areas will we share it

08:49

of course we will

08:50

we would absolutely use the public's

08:52

help they're very organized

08:54

and the families group of friends we're

08:56

very appreciative of that and understand

08:57

that if we could in any way shape or

08:59

form give them something that was useful

09:01

we would but

09:02

my fear is that anything we give them at

09:04

this point

09:06

is not going to be based on anything but

09:07

conjecture um and so i know they have

09:10

tracked where she's been where she's

09:11

hiked and that they have looked for

09:12

areas that they have gone

09:13

we're still digging into that as much as

09:15

we can um

09:16

and still looking for evidence that will

09:18

help us narrow things down

09:20

but at this point we don't have anything

09:21

that is beyond conjecture and it and it

09:24

would be a shame to

09:25

send them out on something when when

09:28

again it's you know this is a

09:30

a broad area we're talking about and so

09:33

we don't have anything concrete to

09:34

pinpoint

09:35

it it's it's it it'd be it would be um

09:38

it might be pointless and we don't want

09:39

to we don't want to send them out

09:40

needlessly

09:41

Last edited:
I believe CVPD answered the "search" question last week. If they knew the location of MM -- dead or alive, they'd be there on the spot. LE stated they don't want to give the family or its team of volunteer searchers false leads by directing them to any area.

The Chula Vista Police Department also stated “it would like to recognize the volunteer search efforts and the support from numerous community members assisting to locate May. We recognize one of the frustrating aspects of May's disappearance is that there is no specific region or location identified.”

Maricris Drouaillet said we try to understand, but then again, we as a family, want an answer as soon as possible. Their deepest fear is that no new information will come to light.

The search for Maya Millete: 3 months later | cbs8.com
The response to Maya's disappearance has been nothing short of amazing. The efforts of the volunteers and the relentless pursuit by her family is a testimony to the love so many feel, or have come to feel for May.

As sad as this situation is, it is heartwarming to see strangers care so much and spend their free time searching.

I have no doubt May will be found. Why? Because the Perp(s) are dumb. Lot's of video evidence, and whatever else we don't know about. There were some amateur attempts to cover their tracks, but it won't be good enough.

Justice is coming. I hope their nights are sleepless.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I found this ABC10 newsreport from Jan 21-- a couple of days before CVPD searched Maya's residence under a warrant search.

I think investigators already had a good profile on Larry before they collected evidence from the home:

Millete's car is still at her Chula Vista home. There has been no activity on her bank statements and her phone goes straight to voicemail.

ABC 10News spoke to her husband on Thursday. He said he spent hours Wednesday night with detectives from Chula Vista Police trying to find his wife. He tells ABC 10News he is grateful for all of the search efforts.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...nvestigator-to-help-in-search-for-missing-mom

”What do you love about Maya?” Alford asked the husband.

“Oh, I love everything about her. She's very smart, kind. Basically, just her, herself, her personality. Just everything,” Larry Millete responded.

“How are your kids taking this?” asked Alford.

“That’s my main focus. That's why I am very thankful for my sister-in-law, Maricris, because she's handling all this media attention. She’s actually doing everything that I should be doing, you know, out there. But at the same time, I'm just making sure, you know, it's as normal, like a normal day for them,” said the husband.

“I try to minimize the impact that it has on them but, although even though I'm trying to that, I notice they know what's going on,” said Millete during Alford’s eight-minute conversation.

The veteran reporter had heard Millete did not attend the vigil for privacy reasons, but she wanted to confirm that info.

“You just didn’t come, what, for privacy reasons?” asked Alford.

“Yes ma’am,” Larry replied. “I’m not that person to, basically, go out there.”
What's the latest on Maya Millete? | cbs8.com
oh, dont forget her smell. he also said he loves her smell at the tail end of it. I guess he ran out of qualities..
I remember saying the same things about my 4th grade elementary teacher. ;)

MOO

I agree,@jenn83, it can be very difficult to verbalize feelings about why one loves someone. Some emotions are ineffable.

When I listened to the interview with LM, I didn't interpret his words, nor his tone, as being in any way proof that he was unperturbed by his wife's disappearance, let alone the cause of it.

I'm reminded of Meursault, the character in The Outsider, by Albert Camus, who, although he killed a man, was condemned largely because he hadn't reacted to his mother's death in a way society deemed a person should. He didn't cry at her funeral.

It's easy to understand why so many consider LM orchestrated or committed a crime against Maya because of the list of "facts" to support the theory:

- partners are often the victim's killer
- the activity involving the freezer
- cars coming and going in the night
- reported capture of gunshot sounds allegedly originating from their shared home
- the timing of her disappearance on the day she contacts a divorce lawyer
- children playing outside late at night
- LM ending communication with Maya's family
- not participating in searches for her; patched-up holes in a door/wall
- his perceived apathetic demeanour

In spite of the above – and other details I've likely omitted because I really don't know all the reasons the public appears to have condemned LM – I'm not convinced he is guilty.

If he is innocent, I can't imagine the agony he is experiencing.

One bit of alleged evidence being presented online that has me hung up, if he fired six shots and killed her, wouldn’t there be some evidence in the house?
How do you shoot someone in a house and not leave blood evidence behind, even if you clean up before the search warrant?

From your link:

...Police are looking at surveillance video from (LM's Uncle Ricky and Aunt Cathy's) (Encanto) neighborhood from the evening of January 7th, when Maya Miliete went missing and when 6 loud bangs rang out at about 10:00 pm...

ETA: Encanto is a hilly urban neighborhood located in the southeastern part of San Diego, California.

ETA: Encanto is north of National City (which is north of Chula Vista) in east SD county.

Last edited:
he noticed a hole in the door.. or a patched hole? If it was a fresh hole, why not peer and see if she was in there.

Also where was the hole exactly? Was the hole punched because someone wanted to look into the room. Or was it made to manipulate the doorhandle on the other side, so one could enter.

Either way ''someone'' totally lost control that night for them to punch a hole into that door.

Now that we know he likely had help, Maya could be anywhere. :(

I still find it interesting that, while mentioning them having hiked near the Colorado River and Grand Canyon, he follows that statement up with "it takes about a day to get there." Was that to make sure everyone knew he couldn't have possibly driven that far with her body? LM might not have had the time to do that, but his "helpers" certainly might have.

And I imagine Maricris is at her wit's end, emotionally and physically, searching and searching for her sister day in and day out. We have seen it so many times, victims' families becoming disheartened and thinking LE is not working hard enough. I can't imagine that pain. But I do have faith that LE is doing exactly what needs to be done to bring justice to May's family. I imagine if we have grown to care about Maya as much as we have here, that there are more than enough officers/detectives working her case that have, as well. It won't be long now, Maricris.

Also where was the hole exactly? Was the hole punched because someone wanted to look into the room. Or was it made to manipulate the doorhandle on the other side, so one could enter.

Either way ''someone'' totally lost control that night for them to punch a hole into that door.
BL said the patched hole was next to, or same height as the doorknob. size of repair was approx 6"x10", according to BL

Now that we know he likely had help, Maya could be anywhere. :(

I still find it interesting that, while mentioning them having hiked near the Colorado River and Grand Canyon, he follows that statement up with "it takes about a day to get there." Was that to make sure everyone knew he couldn't have possibly driven that far with her body? LM might not have had the time to do that, but his "helpers" certainly might have.

And I imagine Maricris is at her wit's end, emotionally and physically, searching and searching for her sister day in and day out. We have seen it so many times, victims' families becoming disheartened and thinking LE is not working hard enough. I can't imagine that pain. But I do have faith that LE is doing exactly what needs to be done to bring justice to May's family. I imagine if we have grown to care about Maya as much as we have here, that there are more than enough officers/detectives working her case that have, as well. It won't be long now, Maricris.
Interesting theory. If he did have assistance from relatives, then the possibilities of disposal would be anywhere across state line or across the border even. I wonder if they confiscated Uncle Ricky's big white truck. News Video shows a big white f350 parked in the driveway.

MOO

Interesting theory. If he did have assistance from relatives, then the possibilities of disposal would be anywhere across state line or across the border even. I wonder if they confiscated Uncle Ricky's big white truck. News Video shows a big white f350 parked in the driveway.

MOO

The possibility of accomplices personally gives me hope that a confession will eventually happen and that she will be found. The more links in a chain, the more likely one will break with enough pressure... but that's just my opinion

I just hope that LE finds her, instead of family or friends while out on a search party. I just can’t imagine the pain of finding a loved one like that.
Though I cant imagine what the family is going through, with no answers or leads, I'm confident LE is doing their best in the investigation. Doing what needs to be done in building a solid case. It would be devastating if they investigation was bungled, resulting in no prosecution.

Being tight lipped with leads and evidence is way harder now than say back in the 90's (OJ era), when there was barely internet and social media. Nowadays, somebody can just tweet info or post a video , then bam, thousands of people viewed it an instant. My, what a time/era we live in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa