GUILTY ID - Taryn Summers, 8, sibs Tristan Sexton 17 (MISSING 10/1) & Taylor 14, safe, 15 Apr 2021 *arrest

I’m thinking a severe blow to her abdomen. I’m not apt to believe anything she is reported to have said but if the poop, vomit and blood is factual - Punched or kicked resulting in fatal damage to a vital organ are my thoughts. Vomiting and emptying of bowels is common with these internal injuries. Bleeding from abdominal injury is usually internal and contained within the abdominal cavity.

One night I woke up in the middle of the night to go pee. Lights off, trying to make my way back to my room, I fell into the sharp corner of a table into the flank side of my belly and hit my head. I went out. I just remember the pain and crawling back to my room. The next things I can barely remember are flashbacks of the firemen and first responders trying to wake me up in my bed. They said my daughter found me and called 911. There was vomit, blood and poop all over the place. I was in full code. My kidneys shut down and I was on life support for five days. The kidney damage gave me rhabdomyolysis. Anyways, turns out I had punctured my kidney and had a large hematoma on my kidney. That one fall could have been fatal if not for medical intervention.
Omg. Good thing that your daughter found you.
Appears no murder charge at this time:

Smith was originally booked into the Ada County Jail on a charge of first-degree murder, but is not currently facing any murder charge. Smith was later transferred to the Gem County Jail. She could face up to 10 years in prison on the failure to notify charge, and up to five for destruction of evidence.

[..]

Prosecutor Erick Thomson said at Smith's Monday arraignment that additional charges are expected, calling the case "disturbing and egregious." He urged the judge to set bond in the case at $1 million or more, arguing that the defendant may be a flight risk.

Investigators: 8-year-old's Emmett girl's body found in trash bag in grandmother's car | ktvb.com
Thank you!

Was the child “sleeping” when she was carried into the house or was she unconscious?

As an aside, if she did purposely defecate and smear it into the carpet, I’d be very concerned about abuse in her poor short life :(. That’s not normal behavior for a healthy 8yr old - it’s a cry for help. JMO.

I wonder if LE will do forensic tests on the carpet- if this 8 year old supposedly spread fecal matter everywhere there will be evidence. I just don't believe that a child of her age would do that without reasonable cause :/
Didn't she say she cut out the carpet? I'm assuming that means she disposed of it. But evidence will be in that bedroom, I'm sure.

jmo

She later said the child defecated on a carpeted area of the home and she could not clean it up. She told police that she cut the carpet out and *burned it. Who could not clean it up? Grandmother or Taryn?
*at least she didn’t blame the carpet burn on her granddaughter.

The alleged conduct is disturbing,” the judge said of the facts outlined in a probable cause affidavit.

Gem County Prosecuting Attorney Erick Thompson told the court Monday that the matter was still under investigation and that additional charges could be filed. Thompson called the underlying facts of the case “egregious.”
Idaho woman charged in ‘egregious’ case surrounding missing grandchild’s death
*does this mean what she did is so appalling that it might not be forgivable? I don’t recall this word coming up a lot.

I don't think we know if they have the piece of carpet?
You’re right. We don’t. If she burned it for real to destroy, evidence could be nothing but ashes. I wish we knew more about this little girl. I think she wanted to be with her siblings more than anything. Who was CM taking to preschool? What was her reason for taking Taryn along if she was sleeping? I’m trying not to judge but I find it reasonable to ascertain she didn’t have a problem leaving her kids alone. Where are these other eight children? Are the really children or grown adults?

APR 19, 2021
Idaho woman charged in ‘egregious’ case surrounding missing grandchild’s death | Crime & Courts | magicvalley.com
[...]

Neither the court filings nor authorities have said TS stands for Taryn Summers. Connie Smith has a son with the last name of Summers, according to the affidavit. ...

According to the affidavit:

Connie Smith called police and said TS had run away from home on April 12. She later said the child defecated on a carpeted area of the home and she could not clean it up. She told police that she cut the carpet out and burned it. On April 14, Idaho State Forensics investigators observed a small brown spot on a bedroom wall they presumed to be blood.

Police later learned that on April 12, the day of TS’s disappearance, Connie Smith was seen driving a black Lexus from a preschool in Emmett with TS sleeping in the back seat.

Investigators later learned that Smith had to carry the child back to a bedroom at home.

[...]

Was the child “sleeping” when she was carried into the house or was she unconscious?

As an aside, if she did purposely defecate and smear it into the carpet, I’d be very concerned about abuse in her poor short life :(. That’s not normal behavior for a healthy 8yr old - it’s a cry for help. JMO.
You’re so correct. I hadn’t read much about fecal smearing until today. I wanna cry for this little one. It doesn’t seem like crying will help. Maybe creating awareness is our contribution to her memory. Spread the word...
https://atcinstitute.com/regressed-behaviors-in-traumatized-children/
Signs of Sexual Abuse - The Children's Recovery Center of Myrtle Beach

Investigators later learned that Smith had to carry the child back to a bedroom at home.
snipped

Carrying an 8yo is not impossible, of course, but it's also not easy. If a child that age were in any way able to be awake and well enough to walk, I think that is how the child would be moved from the car to the bedroom.

This child was in no condition to walk....if this story is even true, which I am not convinced it is. But if true, why couldn't an 8yo walk from the car to the bedroom?

jmo

APR 19, 2021
Idaho woman charged in ‘egregious’ case surrounding missing grandchild’s death | Crime & Courts | magicvalley.com
[...]

Neither the court filings nor authorities have said TS stands for Taryn Summers. Connie Smith has a son with the last name of Summers, according to the affidavit. ...

According to the affidavit:

Connie Smith called police and said TS had run away from home on April 12. She later said the child defecated on a carpeted area of the home and she could not clean it up. She told police that she cut the carpet out and burned it. On April 14, Idaho State Forensics investigators observed a small brown spot on a bedroom wall they presumed to be blood.

Police later learned that on April 12, the day of TS’s disappearance, Connie Smith was seen driving a black Lexus from a preschool in Emmett with TS sleeping in the back seat.

[...]

I assume the purpose of the car ride was to drop off the younger child (who MSM has reported also lived in the home with the deceased child) at her preschool.

I look pretty skeptically at the language used in the article above; TS is described as “sleeping in the back seat” and upon returning home, Smith “had to carry the child back to a bedroom at home.” I strongly suspect—and this is IMO only—that she may have been unconscious, not “sleeping,” and that is why TS “had to” carry the child into the house.

The way the story’s written (and I presume it is based on the doubtless sanitized and self-serving version of events recounted by Smith to the police), it sounds like a caring and thoughtful thing for a grandparent to do —carrying a sleeping child inside so as not to disrupt their peaceful slumber—and it seems pretty clear, IMO, that such an action would be totally out of character for this vindictive woman.

You’re right. We don’t. If she burned it for real to destroy, evidence could be nothing but ashes. I wish we knew more about this little girl. I think she wanted to be with her siblings more than anything. Who was CM taking to preschool? What was her reason for taking Taryn along if she was sleeping? I’m trying not to judge but I find it reasonable to ascertain she didn’t have a problem leaving her kids alone. Where are these other eight children? Are the really children or grown adults?
The grandma (I use that term loosely) could have dropped the youngest grandchild at Head Start. I would like to know what other adults resided in the home.

snipped

Carrying an 8yo is not impossible, of course, but it's also not easy. If a child that age were in any way able to be awake and well enough to walk, I think that is how the child would be moved from the car to the bedroom.

This child was in no condition to walk....if this story is even true, which I am not convinced it is. But if true, why couldn't an 8yo walk from the car to the bedroom?

jmo

I doubt the child was sleeping. But I carry my sleeping 8yr old from car to bed sometimes. Some kid fall asleep easily in a car and waking the child to walk just results in a wide-awake kid ready to play :). 8, maybe 10 depending on weight, is probably the limit for the average female to carry a sleeping child up stairs, though. JMO.

Regarding the 8 kids, presumably the parent of the three who were all “missing” is an adult child of this woman. Presumably the son who owned the Lexus is an adult as well, but we don’t know if they are one and the same as the parent of the kids. And then we know about the 4 kids previously mentioned in msm. So that’s either 5 or 6 of the 8. My money is on the others being adults.

8-Year-Old Who Went Missing From Idaho Home Months After Two Siblings Apparently Ran Away Found Dead | Oxygen Official Site

April 19, 2021

Jennifer Sexton, who identified herself as [Taryn] Summers’s aunt, said that all three of the vanished children were siblings and that Smith was their foster mother, according to the description on a page Sexton created to help cover funeral costs.

[..]

“She was my best friend. I rode the bus with her. I miss her and I hope she is in heaven,” local resident Jerilyn Hergenreder told the station.

According to this report, TS must have been placed with the accused by CPS (i.e., foster mother title). I'm taking some comfort that TS apparently attended school outside of her horrible home.

Reminds me of little Mikaeel Kular. Beaten so badly (especially around the abdomen) that he died of internal bleeding and peritonitis. Symptoms can include vomiting. If she had been beaten and was unwell it’s quite plausible that her Grandma wouldn’t have taken her to a doctor, especially not in the circumstances.

I sincerely hope that little girl didn’t suffer before she died but I suspect we’ll discover that she probably did. Horrific.

Reminds me of little Mikaeel Kular. Beaten so badly (especially around the abdomen) that he died of internal bleeding and peritonitis. Symptoms can include vomiting. If she had been beaten and was unwell it’s quite plausible that her Grandma wouldn’t have taken her to a doctor, especially not in the circumstances.

I sincerely hope that little girl didn’t suffer before she died but I suspect we’ll discover that she probably did. Horrific.
Sadly, I believe this innocent child was unable to escape the horrific living conditions that the teens were able to leave behind. :(

Even if TS cause of death is determined to be a medical condition, we know the extent of CS compassion for TS was to stuff her soiled body inside a garbage bag and throw her on the floor of the SUV.

TS wasn't garbage -- she was an 8yr old little girl with ginger hair, a toothless smile, and red eyeglasses.

TS guardian was a monster. :mad:

It is making me think about eight year old Robert Manwill, who went missing in Boise in 2009. He was found in a canal nine days later, the victim of abuse and torture by his mother's boyfriend. CPS came under heavy criticism because when they were supposed to check on Robert before this happened, they accepted mom's explanation that he wasn't there. But they never checked to see where he actually was.

So this was never supposed to happen again, because policies were changed. However, I know that CPS is very underfunded and that it is not easy to remove a child from a home in Idaho.

So I really hope that CPS is not at fault here; among many other hopes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back