GUILTY ID - Taryn Summers, 8, sibs Tristan Sexton 17 (MISSING 10/1) & Taylor 14, safe, 15 Apr 2021 *arrest

Reminds me of little Mikaeel Kular. Beaten so badly (especially around the abdomen) that he died of internal bleeding and peritonitis. Symptoms can include vomiting. If she had been beaten and was unwell it’s quite plausible that her Grandma wouldn’t have taken her to a doctor, especially not in the circumstances.

I sincerely hope that little girl didn’t suffer before she died but I suspect we’ll discover that she probably did. Horrific.
I haven’t heard of the poor little one’s case. I’m a little afraid to read it. Of course I will though. I can’t help myself. I think I might be a glutton for punishment.
GUILTY - UK - Mikaeel Kular, 3, Edinburgh, Scotland, 15 Jan 2014 - #3

Now who exactly was it that reported seeing the three sibs together on Monday?

I doubt the child was sleeping. But I carry my sleeping 8yr old from car to bed sometimes. Some kid fall asleep easily in a car and waking the child to walk just results in a wide-awake kid ready to play :). 8, maybe 10 depending on weight, is probably the limit for the average female to carry a sleeping child up stairs, though. JMO.
If grandma managed to carry the child from the car to the bedroom, how did the child get back in the car - in a plastic bag?

The entire story is full of holes.

jmo

If the grandma was dropping off another little one at Head Start (preschool), then why wasn't TS going to school, as well? Wasn't it a weekday?

By all accounts, I doubt TS was in any condition to be in school on Monday. She most likely died that day. I'm also curious to know when she last attended school.

Police later learned that on April 12, the day of TS’s disappearance, Connie Smith was seen driving a black Lexus from a preschool in Emmett with TS sleeping in the back seat.

Investigators later learned that Smith had to carry the child back to a bedroom at home.
^^rsbm

On April 14, the Idaho Mountain Search and Rescue arrived at the property and searched the outside of the home with live scent and cadaver sniffing dogs, but no positive results were made.

During the initial investigation, “the information provided to law enforcement was Connie did not know where the key (was) for the vehicle,” the PCA states.
Update on the death of 8-year-old Gem County girl
**I’m not sure I understand about LE asking for a key. Do they mean the car was found but they didn’t have right to break in car to search?

Investigators conducted several searches around Smith’s property. Eventually, they gained access to the Lexus...

Joshua Taylor, a Boise defense attorney, requested a lower bail, saying any amount would be difficult for Smith to pay.
Court documents: Child's body found in garbage bag inside grandmother's vehicle - East Idaho News

A mountain search and rescue team searched the property on April 14 but found nothing.

The vehicle is registered to Smith’s son, but the affidavit says that Smith was seen driving it on April 12, the day she reported Taryn missing.
Investigators find missing 8-year-old girl’s body in a trash bag in car grandmother was driving the day she disappeared

So she called the police to report a child that was dead in her SUV missing and then had a cover story about burning carpet the child had defecated on....but the child's body was still in her SUV? I'm sorry for being so morbid but it's like she forgot a step.

So she called the police to report a child that was dead in her SUV missing and then had a cover story about burning carpet the child had defecated on....but the child's body was still in her SUV? I'm sorry for being so morbid but it's like she forgot a step.
Well, it's hard when you're making it up as you go along.

Do we know it was grandma who reported TS as missing? It might have been someone else.

Timeline, still with big gaps

Prior to Monday: TS soils carpet in bedroom, according to grandma

Monday:
TS in backseat of SUV "asleep" while grandma went to a preschool
Grandma carries an "asleep" TS from SUV to bedroom (had to go to bedroom as punishment?)
TS is reported missing by whom?
Grandma tells LE she doesn't have key to SUV

Thursday:
LE find TS with vomit (not feces) on her in a plastic bag on the floor of the SUV
Grandma is arrested in a neighboring county

Date unknown: Grandma cuts out a section of soiled carpet in bedroom and burns it.

Also unknown: Who lived in the house other than Grandma and two minor grandchildren?

jmo

Do we know it was grandma who reported TS as missing? It might have been someone else.

Monday:
Grandma carries an "asleep" TS from SUV to bedroom (had to go to bedroom as punishment?)

Thursday:
LE find TS with vomit (not feces) on her in a plastic bag on the floor of the SUV

Date unknown: Grandma cuts out a section of soiled carpet in bedroom and burns it.

Also unknown: Who lived in the house other than Grandma and two minor grandchildren?

jmo
It seems like the grandmother herself reported Taryn's disappearance:

"Court documents show Smith had reported the child as a runaway..."

https://www.kivitv.com/news/court-d...ody-of-a-young-child-in-a-trash-bag-in-emmett

It seems like the grandmother herself reported Taryn's disappearance:

"Court documents show Smith had reported the child as a runaway..."

https://www.kivitv.com/news/court-d...ody-of-a-young-child-in-a-trash-bag-in-emmett
Thanks for that info.

Mind boggling that she would report the child missing while the body was apparently in the vehicle she drove that day - and mind boggling that the body remained there (as far as we know) until Thursday when LE found the remains.

jmo

Thanks for that info.

Mind boggling that she would report the child missing while the body was apparently in the vehicle she drove that day - and mind boggling that the body remained there (as far as we know) until Thursday when LE found the remains.

jmo
I wonder if her home was searched at all after the older two children ran away.

Wasn't it reported that a small amount of the child’s blood on the wall?
On Wednesday, Idaho State Forensic crews returned to the house, ultimately discovering a small spot of blood on Taryn's bedroom wall. Another search of the property led investigators to a black Lexus parked in front of the house.
^^rsbbm

May I make general safety announcement? Always, always, always check a car’s trunk when a child is missing - even if you don’t believe the child has access to keys. I’ve had cases where the police failed to check the trunk for a missing child or where they took the panicked parent’s word that the parent checked the trunk. It’s devastatingly easy for a child to suffocate in a sedan’s trunk. Modern vehicles should be equipped with a glowing safety latch, but not all are.

I know that’s not the case here, or with Gannon. But kids in trunks was a pet project of mine :).

MOO.

Monday:

Thursday:

jmo
i think that story was a pre explanation because someone saw her laying in the car. i thin k she was mortally wounded, very ill, or already gone at that time.

If the grandma was dropping off another little one at Head Start (preschool), then why wasn't TS going to school, as well? Wasn't it a weekday?
There’s lots of background info (by relatives) in the comments at: KTVB including when TS stopped attending school.

I think this baby was being mistreated and malnourished for a long time. MOO

I’m confused by the carpet. Grandmother said she burned the carpet that had feces on it. Why not just toss on the trash? I’m asking as someone who has lived in & just outside major cities - I do have some relatives in rural areas who burn most of their trash. Is that likely to be the case here - that she regularly burned trash?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back