GUILTY MN - George Floyd, 46, died in custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 #19 - Chauvin Jury Deliberations #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There aren't many trials that are explicitly tied to politics but this is one of them. When social justice and the law co-mingle, politics will always be involved. Murders are a dime a dozen unfortunately, but very few murders create a paradigm shift in the way institutions are run. Law enforcement is a pillar of a well run democracy. When society sees cracks in that pillar we don't need politicians weighing in until the results are known. Just my opinion.

I couldn't agree more.

<modsnip - referring to other social media>

Jmho

I think it speaks volumes that a verdict has been reached.

I feel they have probably found him guilty on all charges. I’ll be surprised if it’s anything else. I don’t agree with it though.

I think it speaks volumes that a verdict has been reached.

I feel they have probably found him guilty on all charges. I’ll be surprised if it’s anything else. I don’t agree with it though.

The unfortunate part is... this may have to happen again. I think the defense has good grounds on appeal, for MANY reasons. Before the verdict was announced, and even now... lawyers/talking heads... all say that this is one case that will most likely be successful on appeal.

It must be awful to #1 Not be able to discuss the trial with people close to you and #2 to be sequestered. So straight to business for them. I was on a sexual assault jury once and to not be able to talk about it was so stressful, I dreamt about it.

OT but I have to ask about your avatar name. My name also has muffin in it. I had a big property and a big dog called Brandy.;)

Most remember where they were when the Space Shuttle blew up.
Most remember where they were when the OJ verdict was read.
Most will remember where they were when the Chauvin verdict was read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member