GUILTY PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, murdered, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest* #4

Ryan Eldredge [URL='https://twitter.com/RyanEldredgeTV']@RyanEldredgeTV [/URL]1h
“Based on all information we strongly believe and are comfortable saying that the remains are those of Linda Stoltzfoos. The body was located behind a business in a grave on railroad property wrapped in a tarp.” Autopsy scheduled for Friday. Found with a dress, bonnet, shoes

Ryan Eldredge @RyanEldredgeTV 1h
BREAKING: Investigators strongly believe that Linda’s body was subsequently moved to Justo Smoker’s former place of employment.

Could someone point out where I can find where they were speculating that another person might be involved? I just can't remember if it was in one of the threads and was it family or a coworker? I am not looking for a name...just trying to remember what people were guessing when JS was first named a suspect. I spent a getaway out in Ronks in Oct. Her poster was everywhere. I had hoped her body would be found as facts were leading towards her being harmed.

Although I personally don't like Gov Wolf, I think being that she is Amish and they are extremely forgiving people, they may not want the DP anyway. IMO
I agree, however, it's not up to her parents to decide. It's up to the DA to prosecute the case as a DP case, and the jury will decide on the sentence.
Her parents can present a "Victims Impact Statement", and that can be considered while determining the sentence, but it's not the deciding factor.

UPDATE! District Attorney Adams Holds Press Conference On The Development in Linda Stoltzfoos Investigation | Lancaster County District Attorney's Office (crimewatchpa.com)

APRIL 22, 2021 District Attorney Heather L. Adams held a press conference today on the investigative development released last night regarding the Linda Stoltzfoos investigation. D.A. Adams was joined by members of the East Lampeter Township Police Department, Pennsylvania State Police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation and First Assistant Todd Brown and First Deputy Travis Anderson. These individuals and their agencies have spent significant time and resources investigating the homicide of Linda Stoltzfoos who disappeared on June 21, 2020, after being kidnapped while walking home from church. Justo Smoker was charged three weeks after Stoltzfoos’ disappearance with felony Kidnapping and misdemeanor False Imprisonment. In December 2020, our office alleged that the passing of time, along with the complete cessation of all routine activities led to the inevitable conclusion that Linda was deceased. As a result, Justo Smoker now stands charged with criminal homicide, felony kidnapping and false imprisonment relating to the death of Linda Stoltzfoos. He is currently incarcerated at Lancaster County Prison awaiting trial on those charges. Smoker is presumed innocent. Yesterday, on what was the ten-month anniversary of Linda’s disappearance, members of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, East Lampeter Township Police Department and Pennsylvania State Police recovered human remains behind Justo Smoker’s previous place of employment, located on Route 41 in eastern Lancaster County. While the Coroner’s Office has not yet made a positive forensic identification, based on all the information currently available to us, we strongly believe – and we are comfortable saying – that the remains are those of 18-year-old Linda Stoltzfoos. The remains were recovered on railroad property in a grave and wrapped in a tarp yesterday afternoon.
Based on the discovery, the Lancaster County Coroner’s Office was called to the scene. The scene was forensically processed, and the remains were released to the Lancaster County Coroner for official identification and determination of cause and manner of death. An autopsy has been scheduled for Friday, however, a preliminary review of the body by the Coroner’s Office indicates that the body was consistent with that of a female of relevant age and was found with a dress, bonnet and shoes consistent with clothing worn by Linda on the day of her disappearance. The District Attorney’s Office is unable to comment at this time on the specific details that led investigators to search this area yesterday, however, Investigators have reason to believe that Smoker originally killed Linda within hours of her kidnapping on June 21 and buried her behind the business on Harvest Drive in Ronks where Linda’s stockings and bra had previously been recovered. Investigators have further reason to believe that Smoker subsequently moved Linda to the location behind his place of employment within several days after the homicide. District Attorney Adams noted that law enforcement searched extensively for Linda’s body since June of last year utilizing multiple resources including troopers, communications teams and specialized search and rescue teams who searched with drones, K-9s, horses, ATVS, submarines and ground penetrating radar. “There is simply no room for criticism of law enforcements efforts in this case” District Attorney Adams said. The Pennsylvania State Police dedicated hundreds of man-hours to the search for the recovery of Linda’s body as did the Middle Creek Search and Rescue team, a team of trained volunteers performing search and rescue operations in South Central Pennsylvania. In total, over 2,338 searchers participated in searches involving over 15,000 man-hours. The property surrounding Smoker’s employment was subjected to searches and the area of the burial site had in fact been covered by the search.
The burial site itself is not on the business property and not easily accessible. Investigators utilized cell phone records of Smoker’s whereabouts on the day of the kidnapping to guide many, but not all, of their searches for Linda. Smoker’s place of employment was not a location of significant interest as, according to cellphone records, there is no indication that Smoker travelled to his place of employment on the day of the kidnapping. District Attorney Adams stated that that efforts to recover the body have never ceased, “Since charging this case we have maintained two goals: bringing Linda home to her family and securing a murder conviction against Smoker. While we charged the crime of homicide in December, I have no doubt that for Linda’s family, her death only became a reality upon the news of her body being recovered” District Attorney Adams said. We ask that the family be given privacy during this difficult time. Our hearts go out to the family as they process this news, their grief, and the many emotions that it will bring. This case has had great impact on the Amish Community, the community as a whole in Lancaster County and beyond. Our office is aware that there is significant public interest in this case and in the coming weeks, we will be able to share more information regarding how Linda’s remains were discovered. Source:

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: NEWS POST: UPDATE! District Attorney Adams Holds Press Conference On The Development in

Could someone point out where I can find where they were speculating that another person might be involved? I just can't remember if it was in one of the threads and was it family or a coworker? I am not looking for a name...just trying to remember what people were guessing when JS was first named a suspect. I spent a getaway out in Ronks in Oct. Her poster was everywhere. I had hoped her body would be found as facts were leading towards her being harmed.

I believe it was his brother.

Does anyone have a google earth shot of the area where the body was buried?
But District Attorney Heather Adams says the burial site on railroad property in a wooded area behind the business took tools to access and was not plainly visible.

Once they got to the site, now under further examination, they found a body wrapped in a tarp, buried somewhere around 40-plus inches deep
'Strongly believe' human remains found are body of Linda Stoltzfoos, DA says | WOLF (fox56.com)

4d7740a1-5196-49e9-9016-d31fb3bf7a05-medium16x9_stoltzfoosmap.PNG

its just railroad and woods behind his workplace. not sure what the equipment could be used for

google does have whats looks like car tracks going through a field to the railroad edge just down from his workplace off walker lane. not sure when the aerial photos are from though

also, just off walker lane i see a cut out bit....like brick walls in a square shape....1 on each side of the railroad....wonder what these are, does anyone know?

I "think" it is a culvert for the creek that is shown crossing the tracks right there.

Dropped pin
Google Maps

The pin above is where the creek appears to pass under the tracks.

The image below is a screenshot of that same spot, circled in red.
C6A236C0-8DB3-4412-92E5-08A8BCD1C655.jpeg

This is a larger area including the Dutchland company, showing the creek area ( circled in red). The creek is blue, and what appears to be a paved walking/ATV trail is yellow.
7337EE48-5CEC-488B-84F2-97CFC9FD1928.jpeg

This is an enlarged area of the RR/creek area. The square structure seen by Rosegold68 is circled in red.

43EE8F38-E1AB-47A1-909E-45537ECEFC73.jpeg

At first I didn't see the creek on satellite view and thought I was an extension of the walking trail big enough for humans to go through. It my opinion that its for the creek, but it very possible that it is actually big enough to walk through if the water is low enough.

I saw the news last night about Linda and came to post and see what was known. And I just couldn’t even bring myself to type another RIP post. Which is silly because I’ve certainly believed most of these past 10 months that she was no longer with us, and I’ve prayed so much she’d be found, and am glad she was. But it just felt too heavy to type. I was so sad I I just couldn’t bring myself to say it all.

I pray she rests in peace and that her family and loved ones are comforted by having Linda at least come home at last.

When I saw the breaking news I was swept away with such sadness because such a beautiful life was so brutally taken. But I was also relieved that her family can now makes sure she has a proper burial where she can finally rest in gentle peace.

Everytime such evil takes such good people from all of us our world becomes dimmer.

I knew this evil monster wouldn't ever give up the location where threw her away like she didn't have any value. He was wrong for he was the only one that didnt care about Linda.

I won't ever forget her sweet face. She glowed with innocence, and goodness.

God be with all who loved Linda.

Jmoo

Like button just wasn't enough ....I just want to thank you for this beautiful post OBE. You said what is on my heart too, but way more eloquently than I ever could have. It brought tears.

Rest in peace, sweet Linda. My prayers are with your family.

MOO

I "think" it is a culvert for the creek that is shown crossing the tracks right there.

Dropped pin
Google Maps

The pin above is where the creek appears to pass under the tracks.

The image below is a screenshot of that same spot, circled in red.
View attachment 293874

This is a larger area including the Dutchland company, showing the creek area ( circled in red). The creek is blue, and what appears to be a paved walking/ATV trail is yellow.
View attachment 293875

This is an enlarged area of the RR/creek area. The square structure seen by Rosegold68 is circled in red.

View attachment 293876

At first I didn't see the creek on satellite view and thought I was an extension of the walking trail big enough for humans to go through. It my opinion that its for the creek, but it very possible that it is actually big enough to walk through if the water is low enough.

further down, just past his workplace is another set of square structures, one on each side of tracks....same type of structure.

Welsh Mountain sticks out like a sore thumb to me, because it seems such an unnecessary meandering around/waste of time when otherwise the timeline is so tight. Either JS was completely unglued and driving at random, maybe simply trying to calm down and think, or there was a more organized purpose to his going there.

This question leads me to the thought that JS met someone there, perhaps someone who knew how to disappear LS or her remains, and after a quick transfer JS drove away, then discovered the evidence left behind in the car and disposed of it at the Harvest Road location. Maybe he has no idea where LS' remains are.

Occam's Razor goes against the above conjecture, but we do know there was regular contact between JS and his brother in the days before and after the kidnapping. Are there any cameras on the road across Welsh Mountain that might have caught video of another car on a route that would have intersected/coincided with JS' at the same time? (Or, are there so many cars out in the preserve on a blazing summer family holiday that tracking an unknown vehicle would be akin to searching down a needle in a haystack?)

Have LE put out any information regarding the brother's vehicle, if he even has one?

I think JS took her there where someone was waiting. Then he left.

The logistics here are puzzling me. How could he bury a body, dig it up, and move it to a deep hole presumably in a wooded area and rebury it all alone? My feeling is that someone else was involved and either turned on Justo out of a guilty conscience or had reason to make a deal to save his own butt from something else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back