MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

Cool. We now presumably have a name for Boat Guy.

And, yes it was the Standells. And they were from California, not Boston. They'd probably never been to the Tallahatchie either.
But I reaaaallllyyyy like calling him Boat Guy. Actually, it’s good to have a name though we can’t sleuth him.

But I reaaaallllyyyy like calling him Boat Guy. Actually, it’s good to have a name though we can’t sleuth him.
Wait, we really can't sleuth him? I thought we had to abstain from sleuthing family members. I did Google the name and got an interesting hit - not sure it's him yet. I Googled "boat guy" but saw nothing that was relevant.....

Wait, we really can't sleuth him? I thought we had to abstain from sleuthing family members. I did Google the name and got an interesting hit - not sure it's him yet. I Googled "boat guy" but saw nothing that was relevant.....

I messed up posting this, and quoting this, and I can't seem to fix it- my apologies!

But @Spider92 to answer your question, we can't sleuth or post anything about that sleuthing unless this person has been made a 'person of interest' in the investigation. But it is curious that we finally know this person's name...

That aside- I personally don't think boat guy saw JS that day, but who and why is he covering for?

MOO.

I messed up posting this, and quoting this, and I can't seem to fix it- my apologies!

But @Spider92 to answer your question, we can't sleuth or post anything about that sleuthing unless this person has been made a 'person of interest' in the investigation. But it is curious that we finally know this person's name...

That aside- I personally don't think boat guy saw JS that day, but who and why is he covering for?

MOO.
Well I tried to sleuth him and pretty much came up empty so I've got nothing to report and apparently need to go back to Sleuthing School. Maybe Sheriff Jimmy Jimmy will come up with something.

I was just thinking because he’s not named as a POI.. at least we couldn’t bring anything we found here right? :p

MOO.
BBM: This!

I am at a loss for thoughts on this case right now. I am in a different area of the state but nothing on our news media at all right now about her, unless I have missed it. I've been trying to keep up other places where discussions are being carried on but honestly, I have all but given up trying to follow those. They are filled with crazy gossip, out of control rumors, drug-addled minds literally telling magical stories (so sad) along with others out to revenge on someone so they throw their name into the mix. There is no longer much of value to be gained from reading there. It makes me so appreciative of this well organized and administrated forum because once you see the crazy run amuck other places, you KNOW and UNDERSTAND the reasons behind the rules here.

The only thing I can say is that we are into turkey season here and I hope that someone will come across something, anything, that can be used to help solve this. Thats all I got. :(

Not much new here but I've never seen a case with so many complaints about frivolous leads....mostly from FB.....none from WS :) Oh and the pictures of that river....I can't get that old 60's song out of my head "Love that Dirty Water" (Boston you're my home)... I think it was the Standell's or something. Anyways, I hope she's found to give her mother a little peace.

Jessica Stacks disappearance: a two-month follow up - | NEMiss.NEWS

Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said he was told that Willie Stinson, a Union County resident, helped Baggett and Stacks put the boat into the river.
LOL, I can't get the song "Ode to Billy Joe" by Bobbie Gentry out of my head when I'm on this thread.

I am at a loss for thoughts on this case right now. I am in a different area of the state but nothing on our news media at all right now about her, unless I have missed it. I've been trying to keep up other places where discussions are being carried on but honestly, I have all but given up trying to follow those. They are filled with crazy gossip, out of control rumors, drug-addled minds literally telling magical stories (so sad) along with others out to revenge on someone so they throw their name into the mix. There is no longer much of value to be gained from reading there. It makes me so appreciative of this well organized and administrated forum because once you see the crazy run amuck other places, you KNOW and UNDERSTAND the reasons behind the rules here.

The only thing I can say is that we are into turkey season here and I hope that someone will come across something, anything, that can be used to help solve this. Thats all I got. :(
I know exactly what you mean about the other sites covering this case. I gave up as well.

I truly hate to see this case falling back to page two, then 3, etc. There could be quite a bit behind the scenes investigating going on locally, I just hope its not resting as it appears to be on media. There is so much that does not seem to add up with this case that there should be a trail to follow in order to find this young lady.

I truly hate to see this case falling back to page two, then 3, etc. There could be quite a bit behind the scenes investigating going on locally, I just hope its not resting as it appears to be on media. There is so much that does not seem to add up with this case that there should be a trail to follow in order to find this young lady.

I hope you're right, but I am losing faith.

Marking my spot.
I admit I'm somewhat skeptical of LE and wish they could 'push' a bit harder ?
Apologies if they have been doing just that -- and are coming up empty.

Jessica, what happened that terrible night, and where are you ????? :(
MOO.

Marking my spot.
I admit I'm somewhat skeptical of LE and wish they could 'push' a bit harder ?
Apologies if they have been doing just that -- and are coming up empty.

Jessica, what happened that terrible night, and where are you ????? :(
MOO.
ITA. I just don’t get why it’s like LE got the “story” from boyfriend, they searched, found her boots and coat, etc., boots that had been CUT OFF! And then it’s like LE just went oh well, guess we can’t solve it.
We’ve never heard anything since, have we, other than from family maybe. When I first heard the “story” I thought there’d be an arrest in less than a week. But here we are.
Praying for you Jessica.
MOO

Is the boyfriend's family popular in the area, have relatives in LE or hold positions in powerful political offices?

There is no way a 28yo lady wakes up on Friday, Jan 1 at 8am to go hunting in a leaky boat for wild hogs only to leave the boat two hours later so she can walk to the road without a phone, coat, or boots. What about the dangers of encountering feral pigs on the way out?

This couple attended a New Year's Eve party somewhere and Jessica was fatally wounded for some reason. They may not have arrived together. Maybe she didn't know he would be at the party. But, something bad happened on New Year's Eve. jmho

Find out where Jessica was the night before! Who willingly gives anyone their expensive cell phone, their lifeline, for any reason? She did not do that!

It's either the Sheriff is stating no foul play is involved while he carries out a thorough investigation or something is wrong with his interpretation of the BFs story. Sheriff says there are prints that prove Jessica was ashore but then he states there's a deep gully in the swollen Tallahatchie River that if she stepped in it, the water would be over her head, thereby, implying she'd drown.

Either she made it out or she didn't. Can't have it both ways, Sheriff.

Union County Sheriff: 662-534-1941

I haven’t seen this posted yet. It’s from LordanARTS YouTube. He did a “Brainscratch Searchlight”episode yesterday, April 30, 2021. I’ll link it below. Some of his research has been from this thread, and he not only says that a multitude of times, but also links it in the video description. (I think he IS, but I’m not sure if he’s approved for us to post, so I will report my post just to be sure.)

LOL, I can't get the song "Ode to Billy Joe" by Bobbie Gentry out of my head when I'm on this thread.

And I've had that song :
"Way down yonder on the Tallahatchie . . ."

-- stuck in my brain -- until I looked it up.
Wrong river. . .

"Way down yonder on the Chattahoochee
It gets hotter than a hoochie coochie
We laid rubber on the Georgia asphalt
We got a little crazy but we never got caught"
[Jim McBride/Alan Jackson]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors