MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by swedeheart, Jan 5, 2021.

1. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

An interesting question by John came up at about 29:15. In one of the news links, it says that Jessica's BF called his son to come get him when he got out of the river. Is it possible his son is the person who was holding Jessica's phone that day, and the person who helped them launch the boat? If not, why did her BF call his son, and not the other person who was holding Jessica's phone?

sam_sl, Limecat, misgrn and 8 others like this.

2. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

[BBM]
    Missing woman update: Search with thermal imaging drones continues - | NEMiss.NEWS

"Although Stacks owned a cell phone, she did not have it with her. The sheriff said the plan had been to leave her phone with the person who helped them put the boat in. They took Baggett’s phone with them, in order to call her phone when they decided to get out of the river. That person would then come and get them."

Jessica Stacks disappearance: a two-month follow up - | NEMiss.NEWS
    Fourth paragraph of this article, this is the individual who had Jessica's cell phone:

"Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said he was told that ["WS"], a Union County resident, helped Baggett and Stacks put the boat into the river."

misgrn, swedeheart, DeDee and 3 others like this.
  3. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Whose boat was it?

4. Spider92

Spider92 Well-Known Member

Well, in January, the sheriff said (see earlier link):
    “We are spending hours going and talking to people, finding out, ‘what I said, I heard so and so say that’ and then they heard so and so say that, it just snowballs and gets bigger and more added to it and they say, ‘no I didn’t say that’ takes hours to chase all that down,” Edwards said.
    Edwards says there is no sign of foul play, but he promises to continue to search and follow all credible leads.

Some might interpret that to mean: "I'm sick of working this case and my butt is sore from riding my ATV up and down the river, so unless you have a videotaped confession, don't bother calling in your tips".
    That's not how I interpret it, but I'd hate to think that the more shy citizens might be tempted to sit on potentially valuable ℹ️information rather than calling LE.

abams, katydid23, DeDee and 11 others like this.
  5. Spider92

I was hoping that'd we'd see some developments here as the seasons change, people spend more time on the river and the water level ebbed and flowed. She's gotta be somewhere.

6. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Do we know if she was actually on the boat?

7. Spider92

We've been told that. But I'm not sure it's true.

Quill, katydid23, Gigi3 and 7 others like this.
  8. Limecat

Limecat Lime + Cat = Limecat

If she was ever there...

Quill, katydid23, Gigi3 and 8 others like this.
  9. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

I, personally, do not believe that she was EVER in that boat. But, that is my opinion only; not based on any factual info.

There seems to be a growing trend, in other cases, where "no body" is not a bar to prosecution. Purely circumstantial evidence is enough to indict a prime suspect. The pendulum is swinging that way, at least in some jurisdictions.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    Panhypopit, Gigi3, katydid23 and 11 others like this.