GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm...does the state pay the feds to house inmates? Never heard of that one.
Hopefully he goes to Lucasville! At least he will be close to home!

Southern Ohio Correctional Facility - Wikipedia
I do believe Lucasville is now reserved for those committing crimes within the system. The death penalty is also executed there but inmates are transferred from Chillicothe. Unless it has changed recently

I want to add this...

What do you mean you give up hope?

Jake was indicted and then overwhelming Discovery Evidence was presented to him and his attorneys which showed he was in clear jeopardy of ending up on death row.

Like the experienced competent seasoned attorneys they are, they saved Jake's life by helping him, guiding him, to his guilty plea. Job well done.

Now all 4 will be convicted no matter how hard George's attorney tries to put the whole conspiracy on Jake or Jake and Angela.

Now the families do not have to wade through 20 years of appeals which then generate more publicity. The children of the killers won't be harsassed by the press for their reactions when dad, uncle, grandma and grandpa are getting ready for their last meal.

I don't think there is a better outcome other than to go through a trial to hear Jake and Rita's testimony on the stand. Not having any trials sorta blocks information.

For goodness sake. I was referring to additional RICO charges.

Thanks. Do you think, on the gun, it could have been not chopped up, but just broken down as when one cleans a gun, or taken apart but able to be put back together for future use should the need arise?

Once again, it could be bad reporting. ..idk mo.

Does anyone have a link to the chopped scenario? I haven't read that.

So Sleuthers was the guns and vehicle that Jake Wagner give up for evidence where they whole or chopped up????

Approximately 1:51:00 into the video, AC says they "tried to destroy" the weapons, ammo, etc.

She also said "at least two silencers", so it's possible there could be three instead of the two we know of.

You cannot get a RICO Case unless you are charged with a RICO Case and prosecuted for a RICO Case by the Federal Government.

You don't plead guilty to State Conspiracy charges then suddenly they decide to completely change it to a Federal RICO charge. This never happens, that's not how the law works.

Federal RICO Laws
In order to make it easier to prosecute organized crime, in 1970 Congress passed the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations law (RICO). Under RICO, it is a federal crime to participate in or make money from racketeering (organized, illegal activity)

(They needed a way to get indictments on Mafia Bosses, this was the only way they could)

Criminal Law. Crimes, Legal Information & Lawyers

Yes, Engaging in a Pattern of Corrupt Activity is Ohio's version of it.

MO.
The land and lumber could be worth a small fortune, However, you need a buyer before the fortune is in your pocket.
I don't know of anyone who would buy that land.
It is remote. Not the usual services available that a person would want. Especially a person who would have that kind of money to spend.
Much nicer locations if one is looking for land.
Someone could want it ( skid? ) and you only need one person with the $$..
On paper FW has a high $$ worth. Maybe she is cash poor.
This is my guess, opinion. Anyone else have an idea?

Yet another fortuitously-timed barn fire and loss of super-expensive rare animals wouldn't surprise me in the least.

That;s how I see her also. Her and Bob had it going on for a long long time. If they are guilty AT ALL it came from the head of the table. I think this was discussed before Bob died because Sophia is entitled to Wagner assests as an heir and the W's just were never going to give the R's whom they felt were way beneath them any of the Wagner fortune.

What you've stated is very interesting. Irrevocable dynasty trusts can be very attractive to some who have wealth and who want to keep the wealth in the family. But one can only financially control their own children from the grave. The grandchildren are the ones who typically inherit the real wealth in this kind of trust, when the parent for whom the trust was established dies. Grandchildren can really screw things up for the family dynasty when they reproduce with a young woman who refuses to continue to be abused and who leaves, takes her child and refuses to sign over custody and her family was standing firmly behind her.

Irrevocable trusts cannot be changed once they are established. The W's did some funky things with the custody docs. If there was a trust, it may have been set up that if BW died before AW died, the monthly income he received from the trust ended. That would leave AW without income. But the sons she controlled would have a lot of money to provide for her but if they died before AW died, the money would go to their children. The custody docs were worded so AW got custody if either or both her sons died before her. If that happened, that would give AW control of her grandchildren's money.

I could be way off and this is pure speculation, but it is something I've considered as a possibility. Dewine said it was about control and custody of children, but he did not elaborate further. It may have been about control of the W money.

What you've stated is very interesting. Irrevocable dynasty trusts can be very attractive to some who have wealth and who want to keep the wealth in the family. But one can only financially control their own children from the grave. The grandchildren are the ones who typically inherit the real wealth in this kind of trust, when the parent for whom the trust was established dies. Grandchildren can really screw things up for the family dynasty when they reproduce with a young woman who refuses to continue to be abused and who leaves, takes her child and refuses to sign over custody and her family was standing firmly behind her.

Irrevocable trusts cannot be changed once they are established. The W's did some funky things with the custody docs. If there was a trust, it may have been set up that if BW died before AW died, the monthly income he received from the trust ended. That would leave AW without income. But the sons she controlled would have a lot of money to provide for her but if they died before AW died, the money would go to their children. The custody docs were worded so AW got custody if either or both her sons died before her. If that happened, that would give AW control of her grandchildren's money.

I could be way off and this is pure speculation, but it is something I've considered as a possibility. Dewine said it was about control and custody of children, but he did not elaborate further. It may have been about control of the W money.
That may be so, but the Ws lived pretty mean lives. Angela stealing from her employers, the boys still living with their parents with their own children in that awful small house with dead animal heads on the walls.

Approximately 1:51:00 into the video, AC says they "tried to destroy" the weapons, ammo, etc.

She also said "at least two silencers", so it's possible there could be three instead of the two we know of.

The suppressor found in the cistern had been burned. That may be what she was referring to when AC said that...

Great, wonder why they didn't charge them with criminal syndicate or is that the same as the enterprise AC talked about. I mean for the drug running.

JMO, they wanted to focus on the murders, for which the motive was custody/domestic violence. I'm glad they kept it separate or it would probably have resulted in a lot of negative distraction and attempts to wrongly blame the victims.

LWOP allows for a little more freedom on the inside but it wont be any easier. In some aspects, they'll be more likely assaulted, or worse, in GP. Their lives will not be a walk in the park.

With a moratorium on executing the death penalty in Ohio, it would/could be decades before any were put to death by the state.

As far as rolling the dice and opting for trial, good luck with that.

We'll have to wait and see what JW might have been able to work out in the terms of the plea agreement. If he gave up enough, might it be possible that he was able to secure for all 4 LWOP, not in gen pop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber