IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man charged with attempted murder after missing girl rescued from his Lafayette home | wthr.com

According to this, he lured her inside to pet his dogs & then attacked her. He's officially the grossest kind of human scum and I hope he never sees the light of day again.

I am so glad they disclosed how he enticed her in, I wasn't sure if they would. He knew exactly what he was doing and he imo has done this or something similar before. Oh my goodness wonder what else will come out. Someone mentioned up thread his review on Chuckie Cheese and the handsy man, thou protests to much. Jmo

Is it true that child molesters have a particularly hard time in prison?
I think it probably is true.
If you’re part of a prison gang does that give you some protection?

I am angry. Heartbroken for that little girl.

April 21, 2021

During his hearing Wednesday afternoon, Tippecanoe County Magistrate Sarah Wyatt appointed a public defender for Chadwell, who said he's laid off from Wabash National.
Wyatt also issued a no-contact order protecting the girl from Chadwell.

"Enjoy your day," Chadwell said to Wyatt at the end of his hearing.

Get Access
edit: my apologies that the paywall is for Lafayette's jconline crime stories

Last edited:
Lafayette crime: Man with girl in basement charged with attempted murder

cd91873c-01eb-4dee-a165-7658640caaa9-Park_Avenue_kidnapping_cropped_04202021.jpg

“LAFAYETTE, Ind. — A knock on James Brian Chadwell II's door by police officers interrupted his sexual assault of a 9-year-old girl he had locked in his basement, forcing him to qucikly dress and answer the door, according to prosecutors.

Chadwell lured the girl into his house on April 19 so she could pet his dogs, but once inside, he began hitting her and strangling her, prosecutors said in the probable cause affidavit.

The girl passed out from being choked, and awoke partially dressed, according to prosecutors. Chadwell carried her to his basement, according to prosecutors.”

“He allowed them to search his house, and officers found the basement door with a chain lock attached.

Downstairs in the basement, officers found the girl crying. She told her rescuers that Chadwell tried to kill her, according to prosecutors.

She had bruises to her head, arms and legs. She also had strangulation marks on her neck and dog bite marks on her leg, according to prosecutors.”

source

He is absolutely evil.

Anyone find any dating profiles for this . He’s going to be there. His dates will spill the beans on him if they know they’re safe.

Feel so sorry for this little girl. Thank God LE got there in time.

MOO

Lafayette man charged with attempted murder and child molestation

“James has been charged with the following:

• Attempted murder - level 1 felony
  • Child molestation - level 1 felony
  • Attempted child molestation - level 1 felony
  • Kidnapping - level 5 felony
  • Criminal confinement resulting in serious bodily injury- level 3 felony
  • Battery resulting in serious bodily injury- level 5 felony
  • Strangulation- level 6 felony
  • Being a habitual offender”

Court docs: Missing girl told police man 'tried to kill her'

“On Monday, prosecutors in Tippecanoe County charged James Chadwell II with attempted murder, two counts of child molesting, kidnapping, criminal confinement resulting in serious bodily injury, battery resulting in serious bodily injury and strangulation, according to online court records.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Chadwell forced the girl to go into his basement, perform a sexual act, hit her in the head when she fought back and made threats to kill her if she screamed or told anyone what happened.”

Court docs: Missing girl told police man 'tried to kill her'

“On Monday, prosecutors in Tippecanoe County charged James Chadwell II with attempted murder, two counts of child molesting, kidnapping, criminal confinement resulting in serious bodily injury, battery resulting in serious bodily injury and strangulation, according to online court records.

According to a probable cause affidavit, Chadwell forced the girl to go into his basement, perform a sexual act, hit her in the head when she fought back and made threats to kill her if she screamed or told anyone what happened.”

Pure evil.

Charges filed against Chadwell this afternoon !

State of Indiana v. James Brian Chadwell, II

Case Number 79D02-2104-F1-000010
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 2
Type F1 - Felony 1
Filed 04/26/2021

Charges
Show all charge details
01 04/19/2021 35-42-1-1(1)/F1: Attempted Murder Attempted intentional killing of another.
02 04/19/2021 35-42-4-3(a)/F1: Child Molesting where def. is at least 21 years of age
03 04/19/2021 35-42-4-3(a)/F1: Child Molesting where def. is at least 21 years of age
04 04/19/2021 35-42-3-2(a)/F5: Kidnapping where victim is less than 14 years of age
05 04/19/2021 35-42-3-3(a)/F3: Criminal Confinement resulting in serious bodily injury
06 04/19/2021 35-42-2-1(c)(1)/F5: Battery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury
07 04/19/2021 35-42-2-9(c)/F6: Strangulation

Chronological Case Summary

I'm not understanding the 2 counts of child molesting. Anyone else have thoughts on why?

Oh, Dear Lord...

A knock on James Brian Chadwell II's door by police officers interrupted his sexual assault of a 9-year-old girl he had locked in his basement, forcing him to quickly dress and answer the door, according to prosecutors.

[More details @ link]
Lafayette crime: Man with girl in basement charged with attempted murder
Oh, God. This was exactly what I have been wondering about. So the 2 charges come from one "event" when he initially lured her and was successful. And the second that was interrupted. He was committing his violent assault as TONS of people were outside looking for her! Searching! Calling! Police everywhere! This is bold in a unique way!!! This is HIIIIIIIIIGH risk behavior. He is the most dangerous of the dangerous.

Charges filed against Chadwell this afternoon !

State of Indiana v. James Brian Chadwell, II

Case Number 79D02-2104-F1-000010
Court Tippecanoe Superior Court 2
Type F1 - Felony 1
Filed 04/26/2021

Charges
Show all charge details
01 04/19/2021 35-42-1-1(1)/F1: Attempted Murder Attempted intentional killing of another.
02 04/19/2021 35-42-4-3(a)/F1: Child Molesting where def. is at least 21 years of age
03 04/19/2021 35-42-4-3(a)/F1: Child Molesting where def. is at least 21 years of age
04 04/19/2021 35-42-3-2(a)/F5: Kidnapping where victim is less than 14 years of age
05 04/19/2021 35-42-3-3(a)/F3: Criminal Confinement resulting in serious bodily injury
06 04/19/2021 35-42-2-1(c)(1)/F5: Battery Resulting in Serious Bodily Injury
07 04/19/2021 35-42-2-9(c)/F6: Strangulation

Chronological Case Summary

Thank you, adding everything to media thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86