CA CA - Westlake Village, HispFem 18-30, UP11249, pregnant, in parking lot, Jul'80

I dont think that was a thing in 1980... and it should not matter in her identification. I am not Latinx, so bear with me and correct me, if necessary (cvaldez, mrsx and others, feel free to rip me apart :) ), but if say most of the Latinx world is pretty multiethnic due to its turbulent history of 500 years of spanish colonialism, indigenous genocide and exploitation, forced conversions and exploitation of enslaved people from Africa. That is reflected in the genetic makeup. And that is what I see in Ventura JDs profile.
Agreed. I'm not too familiar with Hispanic/Spanish/Native American genetics (even though I speak Spanish). I know it would be blended due to things such as the Columbian exchange, settlements, etc, but that was 400+ years before Jane Doe was probably born.

I have not really ever paid attention to this Jane doe until today.. I came here through Shirleys thread praying she will soon be identified too.

This is from the first post on this thread here on WS

Clothing:
White blouse;
black bra;
red slacks;
black platform shoes.

This is from the Doe Network

Clothing:
White pullover short sleeve shirt, black bra,
white underwear,
red corduroy pants.
Black high-heeled open-toe shoes were found near the body.

I really wish there were photos of her clothing and shoes.

I am beginning to feel like she is on the older part of the age range.

She had heavy mascara and shaved her eyebrows and had the super fake arched penciled in ones. Which remind me so much of Tura Satana (Faster Faster Pussycat) which was from 1965.

They eyebrows are I believe the token to someone remembering this girl. I don’t know how many people were doing that shaved eyebrow and super fake arch in 1980.

Carl did a great job with the recon and the eyebrows

Attachments

• 71F7E15D-D4A0-4277-8A5F-8B00373416E8.png
    71F7E15D-D4A0-4277-8A5F-8B00373416E8.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 792EE976-2862-4B13-8F0D-F4E3E1E8A3E6.png
    792EE976-2862-4B13-8F0D-F4E3E1E8A3E6.png
    400.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Deleted I posted twice oops

Attachments

• 295F4977-0C2F-4826-BF9A-9C506BF313DA.png
    295F4977-0C2F-4826-BF9A-9C506BF313DA.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 14
  • FA76D2CC-D6C4-4153-B757-E3CA20BBC2C5.png
    FA76D2CC-D6C4-4153-B757-E3CA20BBC2C5.png
    400.9 KB · Views: 12
I agree. Does not look like belonging to any subculture. Very "standard" clothing for a young woman in Cali.
Also her health and dental status seem to be pretty good. She was taken care of by someone.
If Chouest really was the killer (id like to reevaluate the DNA found on her clothing, as butchering up a victim is normally not a random crime but something really personal. She reminds me of Evelyn Colon..), then he must have found her being vulnerable and alone somewhere. Despite her obviously having a home and access to medical and dental care. Unlike the other victim, Shirley Soosay, who was apparently transient and with many health issues.
Did Chouest say anything about how he met her and killed her?

This case seems so solveable. She had a home and possibly another child and maybe a boyfriend or husband. Even if she gave her first child up for adoption and was not in a relationship since the moment she became pregnant again, still, someone must be out there looking for her.

I dont think that was a thing in 1980... and it should not matter in her identification. I am not Latinx, so bear with me and correct me, if necessary (cvaldez, mrsx and others, feel free to rip me apart :) ), but if say most of the Latinx world is pretty multiethnic due to its turbulent history of 500 years of spanish colonialism, indigenous genocide and exploitation, forced conversions and exploitation of enslaved people from Africa. That is reflected in the genetic makeup. And that is what I see in Ventura JDs profile.

bingo! well said.

I don’t think she looks like she is from any subculture either. I might of confused things sorry.. I was just saying I think she is on the older range.

The super fake high arched drawn eyebrows (Which btw I have always been a big fan of ha!) were bigger in late 60s.. so I was just thinking she was prob arching them like that for a while into the 1980s when they were not so fashionable. So someone would def remember those eyebrows. I know I would.

I used Turas photo just to show and example of what they would of looked like.

It is also a sign she was paying attention to her appearance and beauty. Definitely not a transient or homeless. Really, i cant wrap my head around why nobody seems to be missing her...
Actually in most of our solved cases, it turns out the families WERE looking for them, but there was no social media and no DNA profiling. And it also seems that 40 plus years ago, people were more frequently hitchhiking and running away to start new lives somewhere else compared to today, so whenever an adult went missing (or sadly also habitual runaway teens), LE did not really pursue the matter much.

Doesn't LE think that this woman may have been abducted and help captive by Chouest? I may be wrong, but I feel like I remember that somewhere...I know LE stated that they believe Shirley Soosay was abducted from a certain bar by Chouest. I'm not sure if LE thinks Shirley was being held captive though, but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere about this lady.

Not to detail the thread but the euro-Spanish colonial influence on DNA is interesting. It's similar in the Philippines. Lots of Spanish DNA there and rumors about Spanish priests fathering secret children. My mother is half Filipino and didn't have much Spanish in her DNA, it was mostly just Asian/Pacific Islander, but some Filipinos do. Not to say she's Filipino because I'm sure she's not, just a thought.

I think it is possible her baby's father had either died or broken up with her before her death, because it doesn't sound like people were as scared of ICE back then, if he was an immigrant. Possible that he took their/her previous child and ran. Or she gave up her first baby for adoption or left the baby in the care of her family and they thought she just ran off?

I am leaning into the kidnapping theory now since that seems as if it may have been his MO. I think he may have noticed her as vulnerable due to her pregnancy and wanted to take her. Probably not for long though, since her eyebrows hadn't grown back in much, and I don't think she would have access to a razor or facial wax in captivity. Thoughts?

Doesn't LE think that this woman may have been abducted and help captive by Chouest? I may be wrong, but I feel like I remember that somewhere...I know LE stated that they believe Shirley Soosay was abducted from a certain bar by Chouest. I'm not sure if LE thinks Shirley was being held captive though, but I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere about this lady.

Not to detail the thread but the euro-Spanish colonial influence on DNA is interesting. It's similar in the Philippines. Lots of Spanish DNA there and rumors about Spanish priests fathering secret children. My mother is half Filipino and didn't have much Spanish in her DNA, it was mostly just Asian/Pacific Islander, but some Filipinos do. Not to say she's Filipino because I'm sure she's not, just a thought.

I think it is possible her baby's father had either died or broken up with her before her death, because it doesn't sound like people were as scared of ICE back then, if he was an immigrant. Possible that he took their/her previous child and ran. Or she gave up her first baby for adoption or left the baby in the care of her family and they thought she just ran off?

I am leaning into the kidnapping theory now since that seems as if it may have been his MO. I think he may have noticed her as vulnerable due to her pregnancy and wanted to take her. Probably not for long though, since her eyebrows hadn't grown back in much, and I don't think she would have access to a razor or facial wax in captivity. Thoughts?
I agree with you, I do feel that she died the same day she was abducted.

If her killer did kept her captive, I’m leaning towards it being for a few hours, perhaps noon to midnight.

I feel that she is going to be identified next!

Chouest told investigators that he picked up Ventura Jane Doe hitchhiking in Visalia. Whether we want to believe him is another thing.

(Quoting Carl from Shirley's thread)

This is what Chouest alleges about her. I can't remember if I never knew that, or if it slipped my mind. But this is what he claims. Google says it's about 2 hours, 45 minutes from Visalia to Westlake Village.

If anyone would be able to put together a timeline for Chouest's whereabouts in place that would be amazing, but I honestly would not know where one could start with that. There is not much info out about him.

Was he a notorious, compulsive liar, or was he a more honest murderer? Unfortunately, I don't think we know. He could be telling the truth or he could be full of it!

I agree with you, I do feel that she died the same day she was abducted.

If her killer did kept her captive, I’m leaning towards it being for a few hours, perhaps noon to midnight.

I feel that she is going to be identified next!

I am praying she will be ID'd very soon! DDP is on a roll!

I wish I could remember, if there was a stated reason, why LE thinks she may have been abducted.

I also am perplexed why he dumped her in a high school parking lot.

I came across this girl. If she has been mentioned before .. then skip it. Her photo is not the greatest but I thought her face shape and stats looked similar... and what caught my eyes were the eyebrows.

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP40519Eva Norma Valles, Female, Hispanic / Latino
Date of Last ContactJune 22, 1975
Missing FromChicago, Illinois

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age19 Years
Current Age65 Years
First NameEva
Middle NameNorma
Last NameValles
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 0" - 5' 4" (60 - 64 Inches)
Weight140 - 160 lbs
Race / EthnicityHispanic / Latino

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Attachments

• 6561600E-9809-4842-A301-817743C58C23.png
    6561600E-9809-4842-A301-817743C58C23.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 4BE5BF4B-1F74-4531-8833-7A606D8382D5.jpeg
    4BE5BF4B-1F74-4531-8833-7A606D8382D5.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 12
I came across this girl. If she has been mentioned before .. then skip it. Her photo is not the greatest but I thought her face shape and stats looked similar... and what caught my eyes were the eyebrows.

Thumbnail

MISSING
Missing Person / NamUs #MP40519Eva Norma Valles, Female, Hispanic / Latino
Date of Last ContactJune 22, 1975
Missing FromChicago, Illinois

Case Information

Demographics
Missing Age19 Years
Current Age65 Years
First NameEva
Middle NameNorma
Last NameValles
Nickname/Alias--

SexFemale
Height5' 0" - 5' 4" (60 - 64 Inches)
Weight140 - 160 lbs
Race / EthnicityHispanic / Latino

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

It's possible! I wonder if VCJD had a scar (if she is Eva), due to the nose piercing.

That is a really nice suggestion, though I think the chances it is her are slim. Normally, people are killed fairly close to their date of disappearance, an interval of 5 years would be unusual. And from Chicago to Cali?
But then again, Shirley Soosay went from Alberta to Seattle to Cali and Jim Freund went from Pennsylvania to SC.

Id say, in any case report her. It certainly wont hurt.

That is a really nice suggestion, though I think the chances it is her are slim. Normally, people are killed fairly close to their date of disappearance, an interval of 5 years would be unusual. And from Chicago to Cali?
But then again, Shirley Soosay went from Alberta to Seattle to Cali and Jim Freund went from Pennsylvania to SC.

Id say, in any case report her. It certainly wont hurt.

But there's no indication that she was taken by a killer when she disappeared. She's described as a habitual runaway, which means she could have been living on the streets, or going from place to place following job opportunities, or just hitching rides to see the world. I don't know if it still is, but California was the land of opportunity in the 60s and 70s and lots of people went there to live the hippie life by the ocean or become a Hollywood star or just find a job in a warm place.

She looks like a very good possibility to me. I say send her in.

Have we considered Julie Soracco? Julie Elizabeth Soracco – The Charley Project

Mainly the eyebrows and overall similarity caught my eye, but everything else seems to be in range as well. It's not known when she went missing, but it was at least a couple of years before this Jane Doe was murdered and there aren't any indications of foul play. She may have been meeting a "male companion." Plenty of time to have had a child and been pregnant with another.

Julie Soracco.png 1020UFCA.jpg

Have we considered Julie Soracco? Julie Elizabeth Soracco – The Charley Project

Mainly the eyebrows and overall similarity caught my eye, but everything else seems to be in range as well. It's not known when she went missing, but it was at least a couple of years before this Jane Doe was murdered and there aren't any indications of foul play. She may have been meeting a "male companion." Plenty of time to have had a child and been pregnant with another.

View attachment 294699 View attachment 294700
Oh she looks good too! The eyebrows ha! Her lips look thick Jane does also. Good Find Carbuff!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back