IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julie Melvin made a very short video (1:32) that shows the area you may be referring to. It seems an ideal location to hide a vehicle for a quick getaway. Even if his pants got wet from crossing the creek, he'd be able to reach his vehicle without being seen.

Thank you! Yes, that is exactly the location I was referring to. From parking his car, he could walk along the hill to the bridge, cross the bridge cornering the children at the other end, force them under the bridge and across the creek to where they were murdered. It's a quick hike up the hill to his car, and he was gone.

Maybe, but I know 9-10 year olds who look 15. And imo Abby and Libby’s age would be difficult to tell from any distance. I’ve often wondered if BG thought they were adult women at first.

I dont think age has anything to do with anything with this creep. He has orders of protection for domestic violence, in his past. And he also assaulted officers. He does not only attack women. He does not only attack 9 year old. He is a violent, manipulative, lying, alcoholic rapist creep.

Maybe, but I know 9-10 year olds who look 15. And imo Abby and Libby’s age would be difficult to tell from any distance. I’ve often wondered if BG thought they were adult women at first.
I do doubt they were mistaken for women. Possibly for a little older till he got closer. I think the main thing he noticed was vulnerability, and isolation.

BG’s jacket would seem like more of an older man’s jacket. But the jeans - are BG’s jeans ripped? I think I see rips, but I don’t know what conclusion people came to about that way back. They are a similar fit to jeans that JBC wears, and the shoes/motorcycle boots could be the same.
Agree. Motorcycle shoes has been my thought for along time.
Basically tougher high tops in the style of motorcycle gear.

And I think he was still still on probation on 2/13/17 pending the upcoming trial. With a suspended driver’s license. So... a walker.
Having a suspended licence does not mean that you will not drive, ask Ron Logan. I always thought it was a mistake to send him to jail because he told the truth when questioned.
I wonder how many more witnesses there may have been who were not where they were supposed to be and who then did not come forward.

Jumping off this, (pls excuse short hand, eyes, brain and fingers are fried)

...being in a cold environment myself, the coats, jeans, etc. I wear do not always necessarily reflect the personality of my ideal fashion preferences or style. Meaning, if I were going to take a hike in the woods, per say, I might pull something more generic from my closet, more comfortable, more suitable...based on pockets, etc...practicality so to speak. Also, maybe when I’m going in the woods, I would pick stuff that I wouldn’t mind getting dirty, or in this case potentially bloody, wet, etc. In fact, would pick something I could throw away or burn later, and also not be identified in.

Example: I actually own a fishing vest...when I bought it for the pockets my ex BEGGED ME not to wear it out LOL, (and it became a huge joke between us), but if we are going to the woods, the pockets are useful.

also, perhaps this is work attire.

Totally. That jacket could be just a basic type to stay warm, easy to travel and pack. I think that seems more likely even for this guy than, say, a leather jacket or something trendier and less functional. Plus, just a thought, but I know from glancing at a few of his social media posts that he made a habit out of living out of a tent, or did at least once for a ten-day stretch while he said he was waiting for a new job to start. You'd definitely need to have layers at hand in that kind of situation.

Also, let’s say he was on a bicycle or motorcycle. It might be useful to have something that could hold a lot of things and be wind resistant. I do think he had a lot of stuff stuffed in that jacket at least.

Didn't he have a moped at some point? I'm really sorry I don't have sources at hand for all this. I've got so much going on right now I really shouldn't even be messing around on websleuths instead of working.

Having a suspended licence does not mean that you will not drive, ask Ron Logan. I always thought it was a mistake to send him to jail because he told the truth when questioned.
I wonder how many more witnesses there may have been who were not where they were supposed to be and who then did not come forward.
Strange actually.
Not standard police procedure.

BBM, exactly! Criminals aren’t known for obeying laws.

I’ve looked at the restraining orders and they both identify as former romantic partners. I can verify this with a mod if needed but cannot freely post anything to prove my statement.
I am not an insider on any cases JBC may be involved with, for clarification, and I am not LE.
Thank you for that info.

Re: Chadwell
But... do LE, who have full access to the entire recording of BG, who said "guys, down the hill" have far more of an audio sample to compare it to Chadwell's stupid videos?

I'm guessing that YES, they do. And in short order, we'll find out if it's a match, or not connected.

jmo

What strikes me is that we've discussed the possibility of BG attacking Abby/Libby because of the oppertunity just being there. BG most likely did the crime in daylight with other people around.

JBC's latest crime seems to have been a crime of opportunity as well, also in daylight and with people at least near-ish. I wonder if there aren't signatures here. JBC's hit his victim over the head multiple times after luring her in via dog pets, then he immediately choked her with his hands and headlock and when she passed out was already undressing her! THEN he took her to the basement and chained her up/SA'd her. What scares me is that he had a chain ready, basement ready, and was so violent right away! No waiting he just went for it. JBC wanted to SA of course but it seems like a power/control motive as well.

In the 22 April presser Doug Carter said, “The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand. I believe that the individual, when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

https://i.imgur.com/ULWVNq0_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

DC will certainly remember the above statement.

While some think the first sketch is closest, I can understand why others prefer the second sketch.

He also said, “… We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than his true age. … We know that this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know, and one day you will. The question to you: What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children.”

JBC is certainly about power and he exercised that power in an unbelievable way over this extremely unfortunate little girl. It will take a long time for her to heal emotionally and her family will be suffering right along with her. May she recover from her injuries and get all the psychological help she will definitely need.

His FB comment on how he likes his women was absolutely disgusting. No words.

Last edited:
In the 22 April presser Doug Carter said, “The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand. I believe that the individual, when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

https://i.imgur.com/ULWVNq0_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

DC will certainly remember the above statement.

While some think the first sketch is closest, I can understand why others prefer the second sketch.

He also said, “… We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than his true age. … We know that this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know, and one day you will. The question to you: What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children.”

JBC is certainly about power and he exercised that power in an unbelievable way over this extremely unfortunate little girl. It will take a long time for her to heal emotionally and her family will be suffering right along with her. May she recover from her injuries and get all the psychological help she will definitely need.

His FB comment on how he likes his women was absolutely disgusting. No words.
The power and control thing is why I think that the Delphi murders were so close after one of his protective order cases.

How do I link the Facebook picture with comments from 4/7/2017 which indicates BC had started a new job with “Jason Wood Excavating” on that day and his dog chewed up items inside his home while he was gone for the day.
It seems the welding job was more recent time.....?..
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member