Josh Duggar charged with Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material, 29 April 2021 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope and pray that someone is ensuring he doesn’t have unfettered access to his daughters. Sigh.
Wonder if that's what the recent arrest is about ?
I find this so grotesque.
Sad for his wife, Anna.
Has she had to try to gloss over it for the sake of their growing family ?
I'd read in the past that Anna's own family viewed Josh askance.

And imo some types of crimes don't change-- the perp seems to be unredeemable.
Sorry to say that if someone knows a person who was repentant.
I'd remain skeptical.
Some are hard wired to repeat offenses, according to those who work in LE.
MOO

Last edited:
I wish some of the media would stop calling him a 's.e.x Pest'.
It's much worse than just a 'pest'.
A 'pest' is someone who keeps talking over you, interrupts you, or is mildly annoying.
Not nearly as serious.
Imo.

Last edited:
Good morning. Does anyone have a link for the hearing in twenty minutes? TIA

@Emi and @TexLil

Federal Courts do not allow ANY media streams/photos during such.(Remember the sketches from Boston Bomber, etc). Yet they can attend.

We'll have to wait for tweets from those attending MOO after they WALK OUT of the courtroom MOO

brb with link for my MOO

Federal Court: Media Basics – Journalist’s Guide

"Recording and Broadcasting
The use of cameras in federal courtrooms is governed by the Judicial Conference of the United States and Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure. Find the full history of Judiciary policy on cameras.

In specific instances, such as investitures, naturalizations, or other ceremonial proceedings, a judge may permit the public and media to take photographs and conduct video and audio recording inside a courthouse. And by local rule, the Second and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals will consider media requests to record or broadcast an appellate proceeding. Guidelines are available at the Second and Ninth Circuit websites.

Outside these limited exceptions, the media may not photograph, videotape or record live federal court proceedings.

Outside these limited exceptions, the media may not photograph, videotape or record live federal court proceedings. Courts of appeals may provide audio or video recordings of appellate hearings, and rules are available on each circuit's website."

-----

MOO - To my knowledge, federal courts had NOT MADE COVID exceptions as some places have done with Minnesota (first time there broadcasted in that state... for George Floyd trial, where prior was not allowed)...Has not been done in any fed cases to date I'm aware of e.g. for the Jan 6th insurrection folks.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if it has to do with money or child *advertiser censored*. Either way I hope he gets what he deserves and I hope it's not swept under the rug this time.
If it was child abuse or child sexual abuse material (thanks @Shamrock1 for clarifying !), wouldn't his wife have turned him in to LE ?
Again, though-- if she did, wouldn't that place a hold on the monies from the reality show ?
I've assumed they would still be getting royalty money from the show ?
Imo.

I have a sick feeling this involves more than money. Hope to be wrong. Oh dear god just look at his mug shot up thread.
This could have been stopped many years ago but I’ll shut my mouth till we know more. I hope I am wrong wrong wrong.
I think from articles in the past that his wife has staunchly stood by him --- but I was afraid that either Josh or someone in his family had threatened her into silence ?
Many wives would have left this guy by now !
MOO

Eta : Thanks for all of the updates everyone !
Not sure why I'm following as it's such a disgusting case.
Still ... hoping for justice for the victims !

If it was child abuse or child sexual abuse material (thanks @Shamrock1 for clarifying !), wouldn't his wife have turned him in to LE ?
Again, though-- if she did, wouldn't that place a hold on the monies from the reality show ?
Imo.

'Counting On': Duggar Critics Think TLC Will Eventually Let Josh Duggar Back on the Show

After the molestation cases became public, TLC doesn’t allow him on their shows. They canceled the original series “19 kids and counting” and started a new series “Counting On.” I’m not sure if he still receives royalties from replays or whatever from the original show, but he is no longer allowed on the new version of the show, Counting On. With that being said, it’s very unclear what, if anything, he does to support himself and his family.

I did find an interesting article last night where it said his wife has several businesses registered as LLCs in her name, but I wasn’t clear on what type of businesses these are.

Anna registered the businesses Glasglow Drive LLC and Lexington Contractors LLC in July 2020 using the address of Jim Bob and Michelle’s family compound with a suite number.”
Josh Duggar's used car dealership out of business as family 'lives in warehouse'

I've never understood the fascination with the Duggars. They had 19 kids but it seems like they only really looked after the first four or five since the caregiver role was passed onto the kids while mommy and daddy spent time procreating. Can you imagine the free rein that Josh had during the times he was 'looking after' his sisters?

They are grifters par excellence. Actively pursuing free stuff from big companies because they couldn't have afforded any of the stuff they have without it while they preached a debt free life style. Even TLC paid for their home. They speak out of both sides of their mouths. Virtue signaling at its finest. It's not as if they were blindsided by have quintuplets where companies bombard shell shocked parents with diapers, cribs and clothing for the next 5 years.

Any other woman who had children one after another without any kind of income to support them would be called a welfare queen. These people have been celebrated for their irresponsible behavior. It's sickening.

I feel most sorry for Jana the oldest. She must suffer from Stockholm Syndrome to stick around in such a poisonous environment. As for Josh and all his 'J' named siblings, hopefully he can add a new one: Jailbird.

Thank you, but I wish I hadn't opened that article - the picture of his older girls gave me a stomach ache - knowing what happened to his sisters and their ages when it happened. I really hope that mom is keeping an eye on things, but she seems to be in complete denial - I'll have to put my faith in the feds to hopefully keep him in prison long enough for them to have a safe childhood!

Imo.

It would be highly unusual for a wife to turn in their husbands in fundamentalist culture. Sexual "indiscretions" are generally the woman's fault for not meeting the needs of the husband. They stand by their man. She already stood by once as the molestation details came out. I live in an area with some severe fundamentalism like this. (As well as several quiverful families.) The women have no education, are married off young, start popping babies out. They are indoctrinated to believe their biggest contribution to the kingdom is being a submissive wife and mother. There is very much a "keep sweet" mentality. They are brainwashed, isolated financially, educationally, are never allowed to mature emotionally. Their purpose is to be dutiful and submissive, the men are the spiritual leaders of the family. It's so sick.

I do not say all this to excuse staying with a molester, or someone harmful to children. Just giving perspective on how this comes to be and why she would not report.

Is it typical for Homeland Security to hold a person for so long without releasing the charges? Could the reason there’s no bond be related to his family’s (perceived) wealth or due to the severity of the crime?

https://www.the-sun.com/entertainme...ted-arkansas-latest-updates-19-kids-counting/

But what are the charges! I wonder if Jill decided to press charges stemming from him molesting her? She and Derrick are estranged from the family.
A source exclusively revealed to The Sun that the Counting On patriarch, 55, told his children on Thursday morning that Josh was going into custody for serious federal charges.

An insider told The Sun: "Jim Bob told all his kids and their spouses on Thursday morning that Josh would be arrested imminently.

"He asked them all to pray for Josh and Anna, and trust that God would bring them closer together through the tough time.

"He also asked them to not speak publicly about the arrest or any issues with Josh."

Jim Bob shares 19 children with his wife Michelle, 54, and Josh, 33, is their eldest child.

This here.... I can barely handle it. Bring them closer together during this "touch time"??? Tough time?!?!? You mean his extremely serious criminal actions? That HEEEEE chose? That's not a tough time. Thats criminal behavior, that is likely the worst of the worst predatory behavior upon children. And furthermore, all this enabling and sugar coating is exactly what likely got more children harmed. Very probably including his own, considering it says no contact with minors. I am spitting mad!!! Trust God?!?! How about teach your son right and wrong and that there is accountability for CRIMINAL and destructive behavior! God has nothing to do with it. STOP EXCUSING AND HIDING PREDATORS!!!!!!! Stop it. Just stop. Shine the light. Expose them. Stop making young girls and boys feel shame, like they should forgive and forget rather than being protected and stood up for. Where's the prayers for his victims. I just can't with these people.

Josh Duggar formally charged, pleads not guilty, will remain jailed until May 5

The summary is his charges have still not been publicly released, but a condition of bond (for which he will have a hearing next week) is he cannot be in a home with children, so I think we can all guess the nature of the charges.

Whoops: all the prior posts hadn't loaded for me. But this is a local source, FWIW.

Josh Duggar Pleads Not Guilty in Court as Attorney Declines to Have Charges Read
The former 19 Kids and Counting star appeared at the hearing at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas via Zoom, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Josh, who tuned into the meeting from an Arkansas detention center, will remain in jail as he awaits a bond hearing.

U.S Chief Magistrate Judge Erin L. Wiedemann said if he is awarded bail, Josh will have to be "in a residence where there's no minor in the home."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member