Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #133

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its wild how this is all going down..and the way he's been virtually dissected through his social media account..it's really one for the digital age when you think about it..
stunning how much he reveals in his own words..

"ever since the carwash and the trestle"

these are the words that took no time at all to parse out their meaning, at least for me...
this is close to confession.

you know he just got the house, the job...he was feeling pretty good ...the dogs were back..

took him no time at all to continue in his activities...he had a new base camp...

I think he will be good for many other crimes that have happened since he was released
from prison..or while he was out..who knows because he has a rap sheet as long as a CVS
receipt..

mOO

Last edited:
Just wondering...Do you think LE offically shows sketch witnesses this guys mugshot and play his voice the one who interacted with him?

I'm wondering why MP says he's very hopeful and waiting for the phone to ring. I don't recall him saying anything similar when DN was being looked at.

Do you think it's JBC being so close to both sketches, his voice sounding so similar also? Him looking much younger than he is...just thinking outloud.

MP previously talked about waiting for the phone to ring. In the episode "Three Februaries" of Down the Hill, he was interviewed alongside DC. They talked about the friendship they have forged and how DC "owes" him - what is owed is that LE will catch the killer. In return, he owes DC something, and that is his patience and cooperation, even when details of the crime and investigation are kept secret from him. MP says that when the killer is caught, he expects his phone to ring and DC will be on the line to tell him the truth.

Let’s look back aways, shall we? With the previous POI, we heard through media that LE went out to talk to him in Colorado. Does anyone recall how long it was between his arrest and LE going out there?

I recall Indiana flew out to Colorado pretty quickly to talk to DN. They also came back pretty quickly and they were pretty lukewarm about him after that. Now all the social media forums burned pretty hot about DN for another couple of months, but my impression was that LE cooled pretty quick on him.
I will also say that a lot of people who are so certain JBC is not the guy seem to argue that point based solely on “well, we’ve thought others were the guy, but it wasn’t, so I’m not getting all worked over this fellow”. I don’t even understand this argument. This is the nature of looking for the beast. You look at people, you investigate. You have your hopes up. If you’re wrong it’s disappointing. I get it. It’s been four years of this. It’s tiring, but the killer is not going to walk in and confess in my opinion. No one cares enough...not even $300,000 enough...to turn him in. LE is not going to solve this on their own, sorry, they’re just not. He’s going to do something like this and then be connected to Delphi. I hope this is him. I will ride the rollercoaster and hope at the end this guy has an extra pair of handcuffs on him. And if it’s not him, I’ll wait for the next rollercoaster.
Just my thoughts.

on somewhere I was reading someone said they don't even care if he isn't the Delphi killer...they aren't gonna feel bad about it at all...he deserves it...no matter what..

but for me..this guy is BG. Bridge Guy= Bad Guy...mOO

Like minazoe said...arrogance...lucky arrogance could be why it all worked that day. I don't know about BG's intellect but he could just have barbaric luck.

Yeah, with the evidence we have, I don't see any reason to think the crime was carefully planned or that any particular intellect went into the escape. Animal cunning, perhaps. But mostly luck.

I recall Indiana flew out to Colorado pretty quickly to talk to DN. They also came back pretty quickly and they were pretty lukewarm about him after that. Now all the social media forums burned pretty hot about DN for another couple of months, but my impression was that LE cooled pretty quick on him.
I will also say that a lot of people who are so certain JBC is not the guy seem to argue that point based solely on “well, we’ve thought others were the guy, but it wasn’t, so I’m not getting all worked over this fellow”. I don’t even understand this argument. This is the nature of looking for the beast. You look at people, you investigate. You have your hopes up. If you’re wrong it’s disappointing. I get it. It’s been four years of this. It’s tiring, but the killer is not going to walk in and confess in my opinion. No one cares enough...not even $300,000 enough...to turn him in. LE is not going to solve this on their own, sorry, they’re just not. He’s going to do something like this and then be connected to Delphi. I hope this is him. I will ride the rollercoaster and hope at the end this guy has an extra pair of handcuffs on him. And if it’s not him, I’ll wait for the next rollercoaster.
Just my thoughts.
It was 7 days after his arrest (looked up using old articles).Yes, I agree this is exactly what has to happen (getting arrested for a different crime) in order to get caught. Yep, definitely a roller coaster!
Edit: typo

MP previously talked about waiting for the phone to ring. In the episode "Three Februaries" of Down the Hill, he was interviewed alongside DC. They talked about the friendship they have forged and how DC "owes" him - what is owed is that LE will catch the killer. In return, he owes DC something, and that is his patience and cooperation, even when details of the crime and investigation are kept secret from him. MP says that when the killer is caught, he expects his phone to ring and DC will be on the line to tell him the truth.
God I pray its soon for him, that call.

Let’s look back aways, shall we? With the previous POI, we heard through media that LE went out to talk to him in Colorado. Does anyone recall how long it was between his arrest and LE going out there?

As far the DN timeline goes, it went like this:
  • Sep 25 2017: DN is arrested in Colorado
  • Oct 3rd, 2017: After sending some investigators to Colorado ISP put out the following "Indiana State Police say no information specifically includes him or excludes him as the suspect."
  • Feb 14th, 2018: Superintendent Doug Carter says the following about DN "As you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him, and he's not a person we care a whole lot about at this time"
It did not take very long for ISP to go interview him and move on after finding nothing of interest.

Just to build on the prior post. By Feb 20, 2017 they had already suspected he had changed his looks:

Posted: Feb 20, 2017 / 06:42 PM EST / Updated: Feb 20, 2017 / 07:08 PM EST
“We are asking people that were driving through the Hoosier heartland that might have seen a hitchhiker or saw somebody walking. We are asking people in Logansport all the way to Lafayette if they saw somebody around that late afternoon on February 13 walking down the roadway. We would like to know about that person,” said Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley.

Police believe the man may have changed his look to try and hide his identity. They are asking every Hoosier to keep their eyes and ears open.
Indiana police searching state for main suspect in murders of two Delphi teens | WTTV CBS4Indy
That was the hitchhiker with a duffel bag wasn't it?

Just my thoughts.

I agree with you, I don’t think that because there were suspects before means we shouldn’t get excited or look carefully at new potential suspects. I am personally only cautious because of the prior felonies and DNA issue for JBC. I always thought this case would be solved when the offender either offended again (and left more evidence at the scene) or was picked up for a seemingly minor crime and had his DNA matched to the crime scene through CODIS. Offenders have to know that even if they get away with something, if they ever mess up again - from agg DWI to assault to tax fraud - they will be matched and held responsible. JMO

Just my thoughts.
That reward is a life-changing amount. I would think it would entice many to turn someone they knew well, even cared for, to turn them in.

As far the DN timeline goes, it went like this:
  • Sep 25 2017: DN is arrested in Colorado
  • Oct 3rd, 2017: After sending some investigators to Colorado ISP put out the following "Indiana State Police say no information specifically includes him or excludes him as the suspect."
  • Feb 14th, 2018: Superintendent Doug Carter says the following about DN "As you all know, we went out to Colorado and we spent a little bit of time with him, and he's not a person we care a whole lot about at this time"
It did not take very long for ISP to go interview him and move on after finding nothing of interest.
Thank you! Exactly! I’m just trying to get an idea of when we may hear something from LE. This time, might be a bit different though. Trying to be patient but:oops:it’s tough!

That was the hitchhiker with a duffel bag wasn't it?
The article asks if anyone saw a hitchhiker. I was pointing out at that point they already referenced “may have changed his look”. Do you have a link referencing one with a duffle bag?

Edit to Add: found the duffle bag reference
"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.

Tips pour in after suspect identified in Delphi double homicide | wthr.com

The article asks if anyone saw a hitchhiker. I was pointing out at that point they already referenced “may have changed his look”. Do you have a link referencing one with a duffle bag?

Edit to Add: found the duffle bag reference
"We're trying to get people that were driving down the Hoosier Heartland, that were on the interstate, that were in Logansport that might have saw somebody walking, hitchhiking-- if they saw a duffle bag laying somewhere, anything. We're just reaching out for people that saw anything within that distance," Riley said.

This is one that mentions a duffel bag I just found, there were others too I'm sure. I will post if I can find them

I just realized thats the same link as yours!

To me the strongest evidence linking this guy to these murders is that for at least a couple of weeks after Feb. 14 2017, this dude who posts daily or more on Facebook doesn't seem to have posted anything.

It's been posted around in various places that he hadn't stopped posting, just that his posts were set to friends only during that time.

Just my thoughts.

Respectfully StarryStarryNight.. I have never said that I am 100% certain that this perp didn't murder Abby and Libby. And I have been doing my best to investigate him.. reading everything that I find.. I am obviously not on the "I think he did it" bandwagon because THIS monster was almost asking to get caught in this case. He wasn't too bright. I hope this is him too.. IF IN FACT HE DID IT. Perhaps that is the difference.. I never "rode the rollercoaster." Investigating someone is one thing.. but trying to fit them to a crime that we really know SO LITTLE ABOUT to begin with.. is another. Everyone is different, has different ideas and opinions.. and no one is wrong in wanting to share them. I'm not trying to "throw sand on anyone's parade" here.. but I believe I have the right to my opinion just as everyone else. We will hopefully SOON find out. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member