IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he got the tattoos in 2016 or early 2017, soon after he was released from prison. At least that's what I gathered from some of his FB posts. His mom apparently died while he was incarcerated, so he could have had them done in her memory. I doubt he would have done it before the murders if they were supposed to represent his victims. Imo

i fell we just have to be patient regarding the tattoos.... I am sure LE knows how to track down tattoos with people, processes and proof.... my guess is that they already have the dates and artists...

Agreed. Who sight sees at a university? Unless you mean people! People watching. Aka, stalking.
As a Hoosier, I’m going to add who sight sees at Purdue Uni?

There are a few of bars... but bars are a dime a dozen. It’s the young coeds that are the attraction at these bars, on this campus.

(Note: Purdue is home to exceptional engineering, science, pharm and agricultural science programs. I have many friends who are grads. But Purdue is not a Uni worth sight seeing. It is in the middle of Indiana Ag area. Soy, corn, hog farms, solar farms and windmill farms.). I don’t particularly see these things to be of particular areas of interest to JCB. Just the potential for stalking his next victim...
JMHO

So, we've basically gathered he is a bit of a wanna-be personality then? My mom has always called these types of personalities "Train Jumpers" they just jump to someone else's hobby or pick up other people's personality traits if they like them.

I meant to point this out earlier but he changes his facial hair a lot and also was very particular about his haircut as expressed via his FB. Just an interesting thought could be interpreted in a lot of ways I think.

Also, the woods+drinking thing... I could be wrong but are arn't alcoholics fixed in the period of their life they started drinking? For example, if you started at 16 you might be stuck in a 16yr old mindset? If you started drinking in the woods via partying or something like that maybe you'd return to that activity.

April 7, 2017-May 28, 2017
(not exhaustive)

April 5, 2017
Work/Job

* Started first day of new job at Jason Wood Excavating, LLC in Peru, Indiana

Source:
April 7, 2017
*Photo of shredded paper mess Outlaw (dog) made in living room
*JBC says he was gone all day & started first day of new job at Jason Wood Excavating
Brian Chadwell

https://www.dnb.com/business-direct...ing_llc.bffaee8c7ca0ade8b973d845446a3cff.html

Facebook: Jason Wood Excavating, LLC

Industry
Site Preparation Contractors | Specialty Contractors | Excavation work

March 10, 2017
Inside Red Vehicle
Brian Chadwell

May 28, 2017
Fire pit with cement blocks, dog
(blue bag on ground next to left of fire pit?)
Facebook

July 10-July 18, 2018
(not exhaustive)

July 10, 2018

3 Kayaks
Sundolphin 10’ fisherman’s kayak
(Took them in on trade for a truck, but only need two,
$150 pickup only, will deliver for gas money)

July 14, 2018

Photo of injury/wound
Circle around wound, additional red markings on other side
Brian Chadwell

InjuryWound, belt, jeans
Brian Chadwell

July 18, 2018

Bullet, blood
Facebook

Injuries/wounds
1. Brian Chadwell
2. Brian Chadwell

March 16-July 23, 2019
(not exhaustive)

Mar. 16, 2019

Photo: orange shirt, jeans, standing with hands in pockets
Tennessee
Facebook

In a blue and white tent, red sleeping bag, campfire
red Steinberg Construction hat
Brian Chadwell

Mar. 30, 2019
Photo of snow, says this is exactly why he is going back home to Tennessee, ASAP, moving
Brian Chadwell

Apr. 2, 2019
JC says he is stuck in Gary Indiana for a week of work
Brian Chadwell..

Apr. 6, 2019
Swollen Knuckle pic, finger tattoos (lightning bolt on left 4th finger)

Apr. 16, 2019

Photo of creek under bridge
Brian Chadwell

River & Riverbank

Interior of Structure

Photo of creek
Brian Chadwell

Photo of bridge over creek, waterfall
Brian Chadwell

Photo of red tunnel structure bridge over creek/river
Brian Chadwell..

Apr. 17, 2019
River in “Kokomo”, Turtles

Apr. 25, 2019

Fishing along bank, tattoo

Fishing underneath bridge with another bridge in background

May 11, 2019
Photo of Train and Bridge over River (stock photo per source)

Jun. 9, 2019
Fire

Jun. 27, 2019
Kayak Fishing on the Lake

Jul. 23, 2019
Facebook
Wooden floor with large dark stains (reddish? brownish?)
scratches/wear (scuffle?)
Green (residue?)
Blue jeans, black shoes (or boots), weathered near toes

March 19, 2020-July 5, 2020
(not exhaustive)

Mar. 19, 2020
Ephesians 6:12 KJV

Apr. 19, 2020
Mini shooter bottles/Grape Ice 101 Vodka
Brian Chadwell

May 15, 2020
Outdoor “AA meeting” around fire
Brian Chadwell

May 16, 2020

Selfie on Bridge over river (bridge in background)
Cabelas Hat, Arm tattoo

Photo on bridge with train in background
Brian Chadwell

Green bicycle - “Another 15 mile bike ride today”
Brian Chadwell

Sightseeing at Purdue University
Brian Chadwell

May 31, 2020
Photo of red couch
Brian Chadwell
Brian Chadwell..

June 1, 2020
Selfie in woods, Daytona Beach hat, tattoo
Facebook

June 7, 2020
Wading “in the Tippecanoe River in Lafayette”
Facebook

June 13, 2020
Fire in woods, striped shirt
Facebook

Brian Chadwell
In the woods
Sat am, drunk and loving life
fire in background
Striped shirt
Pink object in background

June 20, 2020
Green bicycle with Heroes American Vodka bottle
Brian Chadwell

July 5, 2020
Trees/woods
“Always look up”
Brian Chadwell

Feb. 21, 2021-Apr. 11, 2021
(not exhaustive)

Feb. 21, 2021
Snowy photos of water park
Brian Chadwell
Brian Chadwell

March 21, 2021 (1:23 am)
Brian Chadwell

BBM:
* JCB says he’s thinking about tattooing fulltime
* Someone comments in conversation, asking about him being MIA for a while

Apr. 6, 2021-Present (Job)
Steinbergers Const. Logansport
Welder/fabricator/laborer
Logansport, Indiana

*says role is a lil bit of everything.
*says he was one of the four guys in the four high crew that did all the repairs on the Haynes International building after the tornado damage

Source: Facebook/Brian Chadwell

Home | Steinberger Construction

April 11, 2021
RINGS (Jeulia)
1. Facebook 3 rings in small black box
2. Brian Chadwell Jeulia Box (packaging), Jeulia black paper gift bag
3. Brian Chadwell Inside of packaging box

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have speculation on the sale of three size 5 rings? Maybe four rings if my eyes are right.

I checked the Julia Jewelry company. Not real pricey. Plus now. I'm deluged with jewel adds. Did he collect them. That was April 11.

Use the kayak to hold her body, from house to car roof, drive away?
Yes. Good thinking. Thank you. I’ll just bet he was trying to incapacitate and immobilize her (right after the cops came the first time) to get her in the kayak as quickly as he could. That’s why he came to the door looking like the sweaty pig he is. imo

As a Hoosier, I’m going to add who sight sees at Purdue Uni?

There are a few of bars... but bars are a dime a dozen. It’s the young coeds that are the attraction at these bars, on this campus.

(Note: Purdue is home to exceptional engineering, science, pharm and agricultural science programs. I have many friends who are grads. But Purdue is not a Uni worth sight seeing. It is in the middle of Indiana Ag area. Soy, corn, hog farms, solar farms and windmill farms.). I don’t particularly see these things to be of particular areas of interest to JCB. Just the potential for stalking his next victim...
JMHO

Just like Ted.

I can't help but wonder if JBC committed his crimes after a relationship failure? IMO but selling the rings a few days before his attack on our little 9 year old girl? Posting just before the attack about how he had messed up (again).

Just thinking out loud that rings are usually a symbolic gesture of love and affection, but then in just a few days time he posted to sell them, posted about his messing up; and then the attack.

Some of us had wondered about the significance to BG about the date of 2/13; day before Valentine's Day. Did BG have a relationship failure or change prior to the murders of Abby and Libby that sent him off on his murderous rage?

Yes. Good thinking. Thank you. I’ll just bet he was trying to incapacitate and immobilize her (right after the cops came the first time) to get her in the kayak as quickly as he could. That’s why he came to the door looking like the sweaty pig he is. imo
I think according to the court doc, the little girl said he was assaulting her when cops came and he had to get dressed to answer the door? I don't know, do I have that right?

O. M. G. W. T. H

No. I totally have not seen that.

“For the love of Mike! ” (I got that from @skibaboo btw, whom just I’m thrilled to see! I’ve actually got a few sayings I’ve adopted from Skibby...”Don’t dangle the carrot...” :D

Thank you for posting.

I was thinking about something the other day. I was wondering if there is such a thing as an “luminal photo filter”. Not sure if there is, but we sure could play with some photo effects.

July 23, 2019
Facebook
Wooden floor with large dark stains (reddish? brownish?)
scratches/wear (scuffle?)
Green (residue?)
Blue jeans, black shoes (or boots), weathered near toes

IMO, the stain on the hardwood floor in the photo is consistent with simple water damage. The varnish turns dark red when first wet. If it continues to get wet over time, the varnish completely comes off and the wood itself gets wet. Then the wood then turns grey to black.

This is an example of varnish turned red.

Attachments

• 3C8EC541-07D2-4E27-B1B5-79FE5423A5E7.jpeg
    3C8EC541-07D2-4E27-B1B5-79FE5423A5E7.jpeg
    337.2 KB · Views: 76
I'm a thread behind, and not keeping up as I should 100%

But as to when LE first came to his home, and he said that he had seen her... was because he thought that someone had seen her or her DNA might be there later so needed (as a criminal now knows) to have an excuse for her DNA in his house.

RED FLAG, WARNING WILL ROBINSON! (for those old enough to understand)

*praises LE for getting ALLLLLLLLLLLLL hands on deck as we at WS know the stats as to timing*
<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
There was an article I read earlier - around 4/19 when he got arrested & it said the girl was 10 years old - I see we have 9 as her age in the title.
From my notes - I don't have a link to the article...

4/19/21: Investigators who for years have been working to solve the killings of two girls in Delphi, Indiana, are looking into a kidnapping suspect in nearby Lafayette, Indiana, to see if there "might" be a connection, the sheriff said. There are "several factors" leading police working the 2017 Delphi killings to look into this month's alleged kidnapping of a 10-year-old girl, Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby told ABC News on Wednesday. In Lafayette -- about 20 miles away from Delphi -- a 10-year-old girl was reported missing on April 19, 2021, according to the probable cause affidavit filed on Tuesday. Officers were searching the neighborhood & spoke with James Brian Chadwell II, who allegedly said the girl had been at his home earlier, but had since left, according to the probable cause affidavit. Police asked Chadwell, 42, for his permission to check his home & Chadwell allowed the officers inside, the document said. In his basement -- which was secured with a chain lock -- officers found the missing girl, who was "visibly distraught & crying, with her clothing on the floor beside her," the document said. The girl "said Chadwell tried to kill her," according to the affidavit. Chadwell faces charges including attempted murder, child molestation, kidnapping & strangulation, according to records. A not guilty plea was entered on Chadwell's behalf. His next hearing is set for June 10. His public defender did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.

Anyone have speculation on the sale of three size 5 rings? Maybe four rings if my eyes are right.

I checked the Julia Jewelry company. Not real pricey. Plus now. I'm deluged with jewel adds. Did he collect them. That was April 11.

According to his FB page, he had reconnected with a childhood friend who is still back in TN several months ago and that had blossomed into a long-distance relationship. It looks like that ended fairly recently (with the poor woman now being attacked by some FB trolls). It appears that he was trying to move *very* fast with the relationship, so maybe she got scared off and ditched him and he subsequently snapped?

Who knows if he even had any rings or if he just posted that in yet another “woe is me” attempt to garner sympathy?

Thanks for posting this. It seems like JBC’s claims of being incarcerated for 13+ years have some noticeable gaps, as it looks like he had various issues in 2007, 2009, and 2011. So while he likely spent the majority of those years where he belongs (behind bars), it seems that he was out and about for some stretches before ultimately committing other crimes and/or probation violations.
I’m very curious as to whether he was actually locked up in 2012 or roaming free in Iowa, since he managed to scored a protective order there in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard