Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
LS reported that she tried to speak to a "friend of BM's" but was told by deputies that she was unavailable and that multiple LE cars were parked at her house. I'm assuming that she is referring to BM's girlfriend. If true, is it common for LE to have the girlfriend of a suspect bottled up and keeping the crowds away from her or is this unusual? Maybe the girlfriend stumbled upon some evidence implicating BM and turned it over to LE to help tip the case and is now an important witness? Total speculation on my part but it seems odd that she would be getting this kind of attention if there wasn't more to her than just being his girlfriend. Thoughts?

I think it's entirely possible the GF had a discussion with LE.
If she did, it'll be interesting to learn who went to who, to initiate that discussion.
I so hope it was her.
It does seem unusual they'd be shielding her as described, unless they were protecting a witness.

jmo

Has anyone checked to see if anyone else has been arrested recently?

Edit by me: Deleted stuff so not sleuthing those who can't be sleuthed.
As of now, LE have said they don't expect there to be any more arrests.
I suppose that could change in the future.
I envision Barry doing most if not all of this crime -- by his lonesome.
Imo.

Last edited:
MOO

-Troves of digital evidence related to planning and concealing a murder/body

-Purchase of the found bike in advance of the disappearance

-Purchase of bleach in advance of the disappearance

-scheduling the daughters to be out of town that weekend

-Potential purchase of items used in a homicide

-Movement of assets

-preplanning of another alibi that fell through, possibly the firefighter calendar phot shoot

-Study of other husband/wife homicides
Agreed.

As of now, LE have said they don't expect there to be any more arrests.
I suppose that could change in the future.
I envision Barry doing most if not all of this crime -- by his lonesome.
Imo.

I know what LE said, but suppose the person were already taken into custody before they made their statement... the way it was worded leaves room for doubt.

Has anyone checked to see if anyone else has been arrested recently?

Edit by me: Deleted stuff so not sleuthing those who can't be sleuthed.
Chris M. seems to think that there might be more arrests. I found that interesting since the sheriff said that they didn't expect additional arrests.

I think that Chris gets inside information. JMO.

Unbelievably hypocritical... a Godly loving caring family.....and his trust and faith.
How dare he? He killed his wife and destroyed his family.
And we don't know the degree of the killing. Drugged? Or did he beat the he!! out of her as Frazee did.

We do know about the smell of bleach in their home. And we know attentively about the kitchen dismantled (or whatever it was)....

I know what LE said, but suppose the person were already taken into custody before they made their statement... the way it was worded leaves room for doubt.
bbm
Yes, that could be.
I'm thinking we'd have heard about it by now ?

If so -- I had a few names in mind....
It almost seems like Barry surrounds himself with interesting characters who know how to be quiet.
Or not ?
Imo.

And we don't know the degree of the killing. Drugged? Or did he beat the he!! out of her as Frazee did.

We do know about the smell of bleach in their home. And we know attentively about the kitchen dismantled (or whatever it was)....
Also the lack of photos of certain areas of the house.
Although photos of those areas were added later, from the original pics before Morphews' bought the home ?
Was there damage done after the first or second SW ?
MOO.

I think I'm still in shock he was actually charged with murder1. o_O
Not me. I suspected that it was premeditated all along. Swedeheart's comment about the planned alibi going sideways (re: FF training) made a lot of sense to me. Barry then had to scramble for another alibi putting him out of town at the time of the "disappearance." Of course, I think that she was murdered a day or two before Mother's Day.

JMO.

Chris M. seems to think that there might be more arrests. I found that interesting since the sheriff said that they didn't expect additional arrests.

I think that Chris gets inside information. JMO.
Chris happened to be in Salida on the morning Barry was arrested. Yes CM gets inside information.

The pair admitted that they do not know Suzanne's cause of death, but implied that they have knowledge of an 'incident' that led to her killing.

Video shows moment husband is arrested for murdering missing mom Suzanne Morphew | Daily Mail Online
bbm
SBM

This may be sort of nitpicky, but they didn't actually say this during the press conference, did they? When asked about the cause of death, they said that they had a 'scenario' in mind for how it happened but didn't mention any specific incident that led to her killing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure the girls would agree with you. It's my impression they are fully supporting Barry, which I would guess means they do not believe he killed their Mom.
I don't want to stray into the wrong territory, but it's a large part of this case and has mystified me. I hope they reconnect with the Moorman family :(

BBM.
It may take time but the Moorman family are waiting with open, loving arms.
The girls will have loving support from both families, IMO.
As sad as this is that have great support.
MOO.

Not me. I suspected that it was premeditated all along. Swedeheart's comment about the planned alibi going sideways (re: FF training) made a lot of sense to me. Barry then had to scramble for another alibi putting him out of town at the time of the "disappearance." Of course, I think that she was murdered a day or two before Mother's Day.

JMO.
I do think the TOD could be changed as new information is released !

More Arrests?
@sunflowerchick Thx for your post. True, someone else may already be in the co. jail in related charges {ETA: or other county jail on unrelated charges. Maybe even st. or fed. prison}.
And as a few others posted, the sheriff specifically weaseled on this question.
My paraphrasing: not expecting further arrests at this time.

Not criticizing him for phrasing to leave room for future developments, expected or unexpected. my2ct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member