Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #55 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a botanist to explain the dead pine needles.

New tree, new planting, is that typical, or is that tree sucking up some toxic chemicals? How do trees feel about lime? Or lye? Or quik-crete or chlorine?

Anybody with boots on the ground watching for depressions in the ground or emergent mushrooms?

Get thee some dogs out there again.

JMO

First of all, I am not a botanist. :) But, I recall my husband and I doing some landscaping at our first home that included some evergreen bushes planted near the house. Well, they were turning brown at their bottoms like that tree and we consulted with someone at the landscaping store who told us that our cement block foundation was leeching the acid from the soil that those evergreens needed to be happy and green. We had to use an acid fertilizer and they perked back up. So, maybe there is some concrete/cement down there or something that is leeching the acid from the soil?? Or Colorado doesn't have acidic soil?

Found it:
'It was only because I didn't know the time that I did something, a mechanical thing, to my bobcat,' he stated.

Daily Mail article:
Brother of missing Suzanne Morphew pleads with her husband to take a lie detector test | Daily Mail Online
Thank you for for posting this. Barry is a COWARD! If he was a real family man of faith that truly loved his wife and girls he would have told the truth no matter how awful and gruesome it was. Geez even Chris Watts admitted to killing his entire family choking everyone, and putting his little girls in crude oil tanks that was extremely gruesome but he didn’t want to put the family through a trial I’ll give him credit for that.

I don't recall, when we went through all the public police reports way back, that there was a call on this case at all with the FaceTime person. If there was, I think the case would have evolved very differently MOO
We haven't heard much evidence in this case. I don't think that LE would let the public know that there was a FaceTime call and a witness to an "incident" which led that witness to immediately contact police after hearing of the disappearance.

The FaceTime would not have been of the actual murder. I believe that it may be something else that was "accidentally" witnessed, like a violent argument or fight about something. It may have confirmed to LE that the bike was indeed staged since this "incident" occurred; and, then, Suzanne was never heard from again.

Detectives would still have to rule in or rule out Barry. They could never rule him out. Thus, the evidence mounted enough so that he was charged with FIRST degree murder (perhaps, because of this incident).

Hopefully, we will know soon!!

JMO.

I need a botanist to explain the dead pine needles.

New tree, new planting, is that typical, or is that tree sucking up some toxic chemicals? How do trees feel about lime? Or lye? Or quik-crete or chlorine?

Anybody with boots on the ground watching for depressions in the ground or emergent mushrooms?

Get thee some dogs out there again.

JMO
What's the tree doing in the middle of nowhere anyway?
Did BM plant that? What for?

Brendt Christensen who murdered and dismembered Ying Ying Zhang finally after a very long time after being convicted confessed he put her body parts in a landfill but it was too late to ever find her. I wonder if the landfill was ever checked for Suzanne maybe to throw LE off his trail she was taken there?

Chaffee County jail visits are done by video only either at the jail or home when approved. If anyone is interested in Barry’s jail stay rules while incarcerated such as visits, commissary packages etc here’s the link. I hope he will enjoy his new home until trial unless he’s bonded out which I highly doubt being a flight risk and charged with first degree murder. He still hasn’t been officially charged I think the DA has 7 days from arrest.

Detentions Information - Chaffee County Sheriff
I just got horrible mean thought when I read that...I'm going to be strong here and not detail my evil plan which involved superglue with a different label.. I'll stop. I'm sorry.

Brendt Christensen who murdered and dismembered Ying Ying Zhang finally after a very long time after being convicted confessed he put her body parts in a landfill but it was too late to ever find her. I wonder if the landfill was ever checked for Suzanne maybe to throw LE off his trail she was taken there?
Most of us never accepted that that explanation which was offered as a trade off to take the DP off the table. Prosecution wouldn't accept it because it was so non specific that they would have been digging for years and spending billions on a maybe.
But, BM may well have had access to landfill.

The rocks around the tree planting certainly look like the handiwork of BM - very similar to the rocks around the statue BM & the girls placed where the bike was found.
What strikes me as bizarre....if someone planted those, why plant 3 (?) trees, different varieties, in the same spot? A landscaper would surely never do that? A beginning gardener wouldn't do that, either. They're practically in the same hole. None would have room to thrive.
In other words, those trees were not a landscaping decision. Something else is going on there.
Speculating here.... maybe more than one tree/variety had to be planted because a) the hole was too big; b) just in case one failed; c) BM bought them and was too lazy to dig more than one hole; d) BM got anxious and over-thinky and decided "more is more", so "more trees = more effective for my purposes"; e) .....
Who builds a tumulus (burial rock or earth pile) these days anyway? This is not the stone, bronze, or iron age. It's the age of bobcats, no tumulus necessary.

Sounds like he knew..but did he ever produce receipts or anything like that?
Thanks for the link.
Maybe the receipts are what BM was looking for after hours at the Poncha Market which is about 5 minutes from Salida Stove and Spa and which just happens to sell pool supplies. Maybe BM made a stop there during his Saturday afternoon shopping trip? MOO

I know this is crazy but what if there was a place that did alkaline hydrolysis nearby and SM was placed inside another animal. Would anyone check or know? Is that a type of thing you can do on your own? What if someone had access to a business that did that? Just thinking.....
Hmmmm. Whatever happened to the body of the elk that was supposedly “road kill”, the one BM kept part of the skull attached to save the antlers he placed next to the home on Puma Path?
EBM double post. Ugh

Last edited:
Most of us never accepted that that explanation which was offered as a trade off to take the DP off the table. Prosecution wouldn't accept it because it was so non specific that they would have been digging for years and spending billions on a maybe.
But, BM may well have had access to landfill.
Remember the mystery guy on the bicycle who seemed out of place during the search? CM and others thought he might have been a lookout for Barry. Maybe they got too close where she was buried therefore BM moved her body many times to places new or already searched, he certainly had the equipment to do this. This is what happened in the CA Kristen Smart murder case Paul and his Father Reuben Flores recently arrested for her murder Father moved her body.

https://www.sanluisobispo.com/news/local/crime/article250801524.html

ONE YEAR, Barry
It's been one year since Suzanne disappeared.

I hope it has been 365 days of fear and anxiety and dread. I hope 24 hours of every day your heart has raced and you broke out in a cold sweat when you heard a siren. I hope your sleep has been peppered by horrible images of what you have done. I hope you are afraid of what might find you in the dark. I hope you have scanned the faces of your children, your friends, your neighbors and all those around you for piercing and angry looks in their eyes. I hope you have thought you heard whispers behind your back. I hope your heart felt intense pain when you lied to your daughters. I hope you go over and over and over and over the events of that weekend, looking for flaws and mistakes you made. I hope you worry about what is happening to your money. I hope you wake every night thinking about what the people who bought your home might find. I hope you hate yourself.

Miserable Anniversary and Miserable Mother's Day, Bary

The document linked is two pages long. The real AA will be much more, as the defense team has gotten +/- a week to review it before they answer if they still want it to remain sealed.

Right, I believe the OP was referring to the last sentence. “This is a reasonable request given the length of the document”...
:D

What strikes me as bizarre....if someone planted those, why plant 3 (?) trees, different varieties, in the same spot? A landscaper would surely never do that? A beginning gardener wouldn't do that, either. They're practically in the same hole. None would have room to thrive.
In other words, those trees were not a landscaping decision. Something else is going on there.
Speculating here.... maybe more than one tree/variety had to be planted because a) the hole was too big; b) just in case one failed; c) BM bought them and was too lazy to dig more than one hole; d) BM got anxious and over-thinky and decided "more is more", so "more trees = more effective for my purposes"; e) .....
Who builds a tumulus (burial rock or earth pile) these days anyway? This is not the stone, bronze, or iron age. It's the age of bobcats, no tumulus necessary.

I would think he used an auger attachment for the “bob cat”. He could never dig a hole large enough in that rocky soil to plant those trees. Pic for info. Rock garden is similar to the rocks laid out by the statue BM and the girls placed where the bike was found!

Attachments

• FA4D5484-3624-411F-9AC7-4F4D04FBF910.jpeg
    FA4D5484-3624-411F-9AC7-4F4D04FBF910.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 69
  • CECA18D9-F937-4E0F-8634-368F1808B28E.jpeg
    CECA18D9-F937-4E0F-8634-368F1808B28E.jpeg
    246.1 KB · Views: 73
Right, I believe the OP was referring to the last sentence. “This is a reasonable request given the length of the document”...
:D
I can’t wait to finally be able to read it. Although, I expect the defense team to try to keep it sealed as long as possible. In that case we will see if the Judge will grant that request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname