TX - David Niwamanya, 5, dies from unknown trauma at playground, Houston, 3 January 2021

The story just sounds so much like a cover up, but who knows. It’s so weird how he died the 3rd and then the police didn’t go public and go to media seeking tips until January 20th.

The media all said they were awaiting autopsy and there was no mention of any surveillance video despite it being 17 days after his death. And there was no specificity around which playground he was supposedly playing at or his route or anything.

Finally, I believe David is the only one left in the Houston autopsy cases from Jan 3rd or 4th with no cause of death listed and manner of death still listed as pending. The toxicology is back on the other cases from that time period. I suspect they are withholding cause of death/ manner of death as the investigation continues. JMO.

Hoping the investigators have a lot more info than they made public and are closing in on an arrest.

Did I see correctly it's a gated apartment community? So the family probably thought of it as their yard, in a way. I'm sure they regret letting him go outside alone, but there are places in the world children walk to school alone at that age or play outside, so I'm not judging them.
I wonder if he was able to say anything to his family before he collapsed.

I lived in some decent gated condos back in the 90s in Houston. I'd lock my door to go and grab the mail that was a 2 minute walk away. Maybe this place had more of a "family" vibe, though, with the playground and all. Poor kid. Such a tragedy and not a peep about what really happened.

We finally have an official manner of death for adorable little David Niwamanya: homicide.

Primary cause of death: blunt force injuries of the torso.

Okay Houston PD and Houston media: time for an update on identifying David’s killer!

Attachments

• 0F976C4E-2A5A-4E80-B964-4C4146FB05E9.jpeg
    0F976C4E-2A5A-4E80-B964-4C4146FB05E9.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 47
We finally have an official manner of death for adorable little David Niwamanya: homicide.

Primary cause of death: blunt force injuries of the torso.

Okay Houston PD and Houston media: time for an update on identifying David’s killer!
"Blunt force injuries to the torso" does sound like a kid/teen killer, at least to me. Maybe it was a group of older kids that punched him or hit him with something. Poor David.

For some reason, I'm not really getting a "family did it" vibe from this case. But they are so silent, they may suspect who did it though and that may be the reason.

Blunt force trauma to the torso sounds like a beating. Medical personnel noted the bruising on his body. I wonder if it was a mix of new and old injuries.

Since many of us immediately thought of Maliyah Bass when we heard about this case, I thought I’d look back at her cause of death. It sounds an awful lot like blunt force trauma to the torso... fwiw. bbm

Maliyah Bass: Houston 2-year-old's death officially ruled a homicide

According to court records, the autopsy showed Maliyah had a broken left forearm and extensive superficial blunt force trauma in the form of looped-pattern bruising all over her body. The medical examiner believes she was beaten with either an extension cord-like object or a hanger-like object.

Court records say Thompson confessed and pointed a finger at the mother. He told police she beat her daughter with a hair brush on Aug. 20 because she was crying and would not go to sleep. Records say they then put her in a broom closet, naked. When they woke up on Aug. 21, Maliyah was dead.”

"Blunt force injuries to the torso" does sound like a kid/teen killer, at least to me. Maybe it was a group of older kids that punched him or hit him with something. Poor David.

For some reason, I'm not really getting a "family did it" vibe from this case. But they are so silent, they may suspect who did it though and that may be the reason.
The only reason I am getting the “family did it” vibe is the lack of any plea for information from the public by the police

The silence by both police and the family definitely suggests that the suspect(s) have been identified.

If this was still a total mystery, I would expect the family and/or police to make public pleas.

(David’s adorable face would definitely break through Houston media for some regular air time if anyone was trying).

I keep feeling that the suspect or suspects may be underage and known to the family. I don’t think an adult did this to David but I could be totally wrong.

Oh, how horrible. Your comment really gets me, the idea that he thought he was getting to hang out with some older kids and they did this to him. Of course equally as horrible no matter who it was. He just wanted to be a kid playing freely near his home, and I hope there will be justice for him.
IMO.

No idea why the investigation seemed to be put on a shelf all this time. Could the person who hurt little David be a young relative and that's why nothing has progressed? A cousin possibly? Some bigwig in Houston? The child of some bigwig? What's the deal?
I imagine HPD is busy up to their eyeballs but this victim was an innocent little boy. Justice should be in progress for this sweet little boy and his family. SMH.
With all of us shaking our heads over things like this, it's a wonder that we're not all headless by now. Damm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back