WA WA - Seattle, WhtFem 30-50, 159UFWA, alias 'Mary Anderson', copper IUD, breast surgery scars, Oct'96

Yes, I struggle to see the resemblance between the postmortem photos and the younger-looking reconstructions, too. I understand it's partly because skin sags after death, but still.

Our understanding is that when the make up was removed, she in fact looked considerably younger.

Yes, I struggle to see the resemblance between the postmortem photos and the younger-looking reconstructions, too. I understand it's partly because skin sags after death, but still.
I was more talking about weight and hairstyles. The one most accurate to the PM makes her too thin, yet the most recent ones make her almost seem like another person. Maybe someone like CarlK could do a revised recon? :)

Very nice that Othram is handling this case now and King County Coroner teamed up with them. I wish everybody involved good luck.

I don't like the recon either, but to be honest I'm not a fan of Natalie Murry's recons in general. On the positive site, she was willing to make a new one and that's great!

I was wondering about the teeth showed in the recon. In the Othram announcement is this:

"and there is speculation she might have removed her dental plate to further obstruct efforts to identify her."

Who is Mary Anderson (1996)?

Just curious; how was the typical pattern of er front teeth in the recon established?

I'm thinking Maryanne Jane Ruffini could be a match, Maryanne Jane Ruffini – The Charley Project She disappeard 26:th of january 1996 from Edison, New Jersey. There is a Frank Ruffini who lived in New York, Astoria, with the zip code 11103 (same zipcode that Mary used for her adress). Could he be a relative? He passed away june 21, 1996. When I tried to research family ties I ended up on a familytree belonging to a Maryanne Andersson but all info was hidden. The name Andersson though and the zipcode makes me think I might be on to something. There is also a Facebook for Missing Maryanne Ruffini where you can see more photos and she has the same body type as Mary Andersson, quite big muscular legs for once. Also the name Mary Andersson could be from Maryanne.

Nothing to add, just want to say that I'm very excited about Othram's involvement. Thank you.

Mary's one that I always come back to. I wonder about her. Why she chose to end her life, why she was alone, why she didn't want her name known. I find her case so intriguing and sad.

I looked at her page and I do not think it is our Mary.
Maryanne was only 27 when she disappeared, our Mary is thought to be considerably older. Maryanne was a slim woman, while Mary was heavyset. And Mary had expensive clothing and other things with her, I doubt Maryanne had the same wealthy background.

I'm thinking Maryanne Jane Ruffini could be a match, Maryanne Jane Ruffini – The Charley Project She disappeard 26:th of january 1996 from Edison, New Jersey. There is a Frank Ruffini who lived in New York, Astoria, with the zip code 11103 (same zipcode that Mary used for her adress). Could he be a relative? He passed away june 21, 1996. When I tried to research family ties I ended up on a familytree belonging to a Maryanne Andersson but all info was hidden. The name Andersson though and the zipcode makes me think I might be on to something. There is also a Facebook for Missing Maryanne Ruffini where you can see more photos and she has the same body type as Mary Andersson, quite big muscular legs for once. Also the name Mary Andersson could be from Maryanne.

My apologies up front if these thoughts are moot due to earlier posters having disproven them. I've tried to get up to speed on this thread, but it's become muddled with the Norway woman, also having died in a hotel of apparent (but now questioned) suicide.

A couple of things jump out at me here. First of all, in the post mortem photo, it looks to me as if she's had a stroke. It's not just an asymmetrical mouth, but looking at her in general, it appears that the whole left side of the face droops. What that's worth, who knows?

I'm inclined to think that she's from the NW. Her clothing all seems to be, and especially the Nordstrom brand. There were other Nordstroms around the country at the time, but those markets, in my opinion, were different than the NW at the time. In the PNW, Nordstrom was THE STORE. The store where everyone who had a little money shopped. In most other parts of the country, I think it was just one of many, and many people weren't even that familiar with it.

Now, I also think if she'd been from either Canada or NY, she's have had a least a slight accent. Of course, it's possible she wouldn't, I just think it's most likely. And, I think PNWers, would readily pick up on the slightest accent.

Another thing that points me to a PNW origin, or at least having lived in the area, is her alias: Anderson. Anderson is very, very common in the PNW, as there is a huge Scandinavian population there. It's probably second only to Johnson in terms of common-ness.

On another note, not sure how this fits in, but I know a woman who had a breast reduction around this same time in the Seattle area. She had the exact same scars as this woman -no vertical scar.

It did occur to me regarding the EL products, as well as being made up and well-kept in general, that she could have been an EL rep.

No jewelry could easily mean to me that she got rid of it, as well as other identifying items, thinking that they could be easily traced/lead to her identification. She obviously didn't want to be identified, so there must have been people somewhere who would have been able to. Family, perhaps?

Sorry for the long post. Really just thinking out loud...

I have no clue if she was from the PNW, but Anderson is a pretty common name everywhere and as a Washingtonian, I don't see it THAT much. There's definitely more of a Russian and Ukrainian population than Scandinavian throughout the state, especially the northern part of the state (where I live. There are lots of Ukrainians in particular up here!) But she definitely could be, just my 2 cents.

Just started the podcast “ The Lady Vanished”. I probably have an overactive imagination, but the picture on the cover of the podcast, as well as both ladies idiosyncrasies and eccentric elegant ways, I kept coming back to how much they also resemble each other… I understand the impossible and totally improbable geography, but it did give me more than one pause…

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back