GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they reporting his name, if they haven't decided whether he will be charged as an adult yet?
At the very bottom of the article

CRIME GUIDELINES NOTE: Each time a minor is arrested, Action News Jax discusses the seriousness of the charge they are facing. In this case, Aiden Fucci is facing a second-degree murder charge, which is a felony, so that is why we have decided to show his photo.

Last edited:
<modsnip>
What took the parents so long to report a 13 year old girl missing? Their school is K-8 so both suspect and victim are just 8th graders. It looks like a very nice area, but that is very late for such young kids to be out without direct adult chaperones. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears sheriff’s deputies and a dive team are investigating a pond right next to where Tristyn Bailey’s body was found. I’m working to learn more.
Here’s a look at the scene from above with the
@ActionNewsJax
Sky Vision Drone. You can several deputies and the command center.
upload_2021-5-10_19-37-36.jpeg

<modnip>

What took the parents so long to report a 13 year old girl missing? Their school is K-8 so both suspect and victim are just 8th graders. It looks like a very nice area, but that is very late for such young kids to be out without direct adult chaperones. JMO

I read one report that said Tristyn and Fucci went through elementary school together and they were long time friends. This article says Tristyn was in 7th grade. Last seen by her parents at about midnight. Then last seen by friends at the Durbin Amenity Center at 1:15 am. Your article mentions the sedan seen near where she was found at 1:37 am. She was found wearing her cheer leading skirt and a dark top so maybe a late (very late) school event?

Tristyn Bailey: Who was the Florida teen reported missing and found dead on Mother’s Day?.

@sds71 Thanks I think your screen shot matches up with this address. You can take the yellow google man and walk around the area.

"Sunday morning around 10 a.m., Tristyn's family reported her missing. Hours later, a neighbor found her body in the woods, just beyond the end of Saddlestone Drive in the Durbin Crossing neighborhood."

Google Maps

<modsnip>

They might have snuck out of their houses without the parents knowing.I did it many times as a teenager.

I just heard my heart shatter into a million pieces - this is a parents worst nightmare. That boy needs to be tried as an adult and any of his friends, as accessories. I hope more information is released on why they and poor Tristyn were out so late at night. RIP Tristyn. I hope justice prevails.

Informative video at this link. It shows the five different crime scenes.

Timeline of events in disappearance, death of St. Johns County teen Tristyn Bailey
For some reason I couldn’t find the video with the 5 crime scenes at this link... but I did see the press conference videos at the link and finally watched today’s presser. The sheriff was incredibly cordial and respectful while maintaining total control. A+++ to this sheriff on media relations.

A horrifying situation though. Following.

Tristyn-Bailey-.jpeg

Body of missing Florida girl, 13, found; teen suspect in custody, sheriff says

Wow. That isn’t a small amount to walk either. Curious why the trees are roped off, and what the dive team is searching for. This case will haunt this community for a long time.
My guess was they were searching for Tristyn’s phone, but I agree a weapon is a real possibility too. Did these kids bike around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa