Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for the family.

Since the cause of death has yet to be determined does this indicate no obviuos signs of trama? That and the fact that he was found so close to his car which was found in good condition makes me wonder if he had some kind of medical event?

If not it seems the AW specifically was the target and not the car as I was thinking before.

Prayers for the family.

Since the cause of death has yet to be determined does this indicate no obviuos signs of trama? That and the fact that he was found so close to his car which was found in good condition makes me wonder if he had some kind of medical event?

If not it seems the AW specifically was the target and not the car as I was thinking before.
Yeah, maybe a stroke. Cardiac issues? Was Mr. White diabetic, by chance?

Last edited:
Prayers for the family.

You know, I hadn’t given much thought to a medical event but it’s certainly possible. Like in the case of Erin Valenti in CA who drove around lost & confused in a rental car on the way to a familiar airport and was finally found days later, deceased in her car parked in a neighborhood. She died of natural causes and had thyroid problems. It’s possible she had a thyroid storm.

If he met someone I’m thinking he met them closer to the RT and home. The reason is that he already went to the gym which is more downtown/central Dallas, then he went back north to the RT closer to home, so why would he go back north to get gas if he were going to go back through downtown to meet someone in South Dallas? Makes no sense to me, so I think he met someone somewhere off Inwood closer to home IF he met anyone at all.

I also still think it’s possible it was random and he was carjacked on the way home from RT and it went wrong in the car, the perp panicked and drove to South Dallas, dumped body and then car in Kitty lot, and just got the heck out of the situation. I get that carjackers want the car, not the person, and it would be stupid to take a dead body with them in the stolen car, but perps can be really stupid. If somehow he was killed as they carjacked him, maybe it was too dangerous to dump a body into the road so they panicked and fled.
Agree with you happy... I don’t think he would’ve got gas there if he was meeting south.

How many cameras would his car have driven by en route to this park?

Prayers for the family.

No way... go back and look for comments by his brother on articles. I don’t think I’m allowed to discuss those comments so I will just direct you to look for them.
There is a comment on this article by Alan’s brother.

#BREAKING: Dallas Police confirm the remains found by a survey crew working for Paul Quinn College on Thursday, May 13, were that of James Alan White, who went missing last October.

Yeah, maybe a stroke. Cardiac issues? Was Mr. White diabetic, by chance?

RIP Alan. The position of the car and the body suggests that someone walked with AW to the site where his body was found. The perpetrator probably chose a wooded area to commit a crime and conceal AW. If there was enough cover and no/limited foot traffic, AW could be left on site undisturbed without an attempt to conceal by burial. The area is not a known gay hangout. The time frame for AW's meeting was too close IMOP to allow for a voluntary encounter, but his phone would reveal more.

Tim's brother posted last night on facebook regarding Alan being found. He commented that the investigation as to what led to his death is very active- and information on a reward for the arrest and conviction of the responsible party will be posted soon. I trust the family and their instincts regarding Alan's death. Hoping we hear something back on COD soon so we have a direction to focus on.

I'm also considering his death may not have been violent and/or intentional. Alan could have had a medical event, related to some type of action performed with another person. Said person could have panicked and hid his body and car.

As has proved normal in this case, we still have no details. I hope Detective Barnes holds a press conference once COD has been determined.

All the following are MOO based on what little we know.

Suicide
Unlikely. Why would he go to the gym and fill up the car if he planned to kill himself?

Medical Incident
Unlikely as he was ultimately found so far from home after being so close to home. Nothing we've been told indicates AW had any pre-existing medical conditions.

Foul Play
Random: Unlikely as it was before 7 a.m. I mean, how many car jackers are at work so early, for example? AW was close to home in a reportedly safe area. The car was found in apparently good condition with the keys inside, indicating a random robbery attempt is unlikely.

Targeted: Possible. AW was close to home, as expected, when he disappeared. Someone who knows his routine would know where he would be at a certain time. And that there were no cameras nearby. If it was someone known to AW, he may have stopped and picked them up.

One question (besides why?) is how did the killer leave the crime scene? Did the killer(s) have their own car?

My conclusion is that this was a planned abduction and murder. Business or personal? If a motive is found, so will the suspects be.

Exactly. From what we've been told about AW's character, he would have punctually attended that meeting.
Which is why a brief meeting with someone nearby, makes more sense than traveling to North Dallas and meeting at the park near the college. Rusty would be waiting for him and the business meeting was at 7:00.

I think he was last seen leaving RaceTrac @ 5:57? Traveling to the area his car and body was found looks to take 20 minutes or more one way? That would cut it way to close to the meeting time, so I'm leaning towards he was taken there involuntarily.

I still believe he was carjacked, perhaps he was stalling at the front of the gas station because someone was checking out his car or made him uncomfortable and he was waiting to return to it.

This is where I am too. Wondering if it was a team of two. They spot their victim, follow, jump /car jack, disable victim, drive him to wooded area, kill him, leave him, both perps drive away. With his car getting so much attention they dump the car after a couple of days.

MOO

This is where I am too. Wondering if it was a team of two. They spot their victim, follow, jump /car jack, disable victim, drive him to wooded area, kill him, leave him, both perps drive away. With his car getting so much attention they dump the car after a couple of days.

MOO
Your theory makes sense to me. Here is another attempted carjacking. Brazen.
Dallas police seek man they say assaulted a woman during attempted carjacking in Far North Dallas

Amateur opinion and speculation

Agree with you happy... I don’t think he would’ve got gas there if he was meeting south.

How many cameras would his car have driven by en route to this park?
Perhaps Mr. White, if he was using an app to arrange to meet someone, hadn't arranged meetup until finished gassing up. Such as perhaps done from the Church's lot. To me, the lingering meant something was up. You don't linger for no reason.

To me, the lingering meant something was up. You don't linger for no reason.

RSBM.

I disagree. I often pull my car over in order to send a text, make a note, enter an item on my calendar, check the financial markets, scan a receipt, check my email, place a grocery item on order lest I forget, check the weather ... the list is endless really.

I see others doing this as well, all day long.

I'm thinking of some earlier speculation others made in this thread: perhaps he arranged to meet someone close to his home (maybe even at or near the gas station) but they messaged him to say they were late. So he drove at the last minute to their location instead.

Maybe he was purchasing something like a gift, and they knew he'd bring cash, and the cash is what they wanted. He had a false sense of security, because they were originally supposed to meet in public for the exchange.

Right now I lean toward something like this, because it explains the lingering and the drive away from home and the abandonment of the vehicle.

My heart really goes out to his family. If there was a crime, it's so senseless and cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa