Found Deceased TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamsidea

Reaction score
Alan White was last seen leaving the LA Fitness off Haskell Avenue in Dallas after 5 a.m. on Thurs., Oct. 22.
'He just vanished into thin air': Family, friends desperate to find missing Dallas man | wfaa.com

White is married and an executive for the accounting company KPMG.

UPDATE: Reward offered for info on whereabouts of Alan White - Dallas Voice
UPDATE: There is a $10,000 reward now being offered for information leading to the known whereabouts of James Alan White. He was last seen around 6 a.m. on Oct. 22, driving out of the LA Fitness CityPlace parking lot on Haskell in a 202 black Porsche Macan, like the one pictured below, only with silver wheels. Dealer tag 8F4972.

James Alan White is 5’11” tall and weighs 160 pounds. He was last seen wearing a light gray tank top and dark gym shorts, and carrying a maroon-and-navy two-tone sling bag.

Link to MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION* thread

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> So here's my opinion only: Alan was a victim of a crime. Husband is innocent. Alan was doing nothing inappropriate or improper at the time of his disappearance. MY OPINION ONLY

<modsnip> So here's my opinion only: Alan was a victim of a crime. Husband is innocent. Alan was doing nothing inappropriate or improper at the time of his disappearance. MY OPINION ONLY
Agree.

Everyone has speculated on why Alan chose to go that particular gas station. It could have been because that location was offering gas at a lower price. Many people have apps that show them where the cheapest gas is, and they take advantage of that and track it.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Agree.

Everyone has speculated on why Alan chose to go that particular gas station. It could have been because that location was offering gas at a lower price. Many people have apps that show them where the cheapest gas is, and they take advantage of that and track it.

I thought the one he typically went to was either robbed or near another store that was robbed that morning? MOO

I tend to agree with you
Senseless crime. It’s awful. So frustrating! I believe that’s what it is.

Still, with such an exact time frame, video evidence, plus vehicle recovery, police must know more. Apparently it’s not enough. Apparently the family pleas are too cold and the only plea left worth pursuing is vehicle/ drop. I hope there are some forensic to help.
Sad, senseless loss of a seemingly great and well loved human.

Yes, and no.

The general area has been steadily gentrifying for years. But, some blocks (including the four block quadrant of the Maple and Inwood intersection) have remained more uhmm….. "olde school" in regards to crime and homelessness.

As a result, there is a homeless population, some of which is drawn by the nearby large Salvation Army thrifts store / shelter / rehabilitation center.

Even still, my impression is that the over all homeless population, while clearly existing, is declining. Then factor in that area homeless have informed me that Salvation Army (aka "Satan's Army" due to rigorous rules) runs a very tight ship.

One is either in their rehab program or you are out. Likewise, one either follows the shelter rules, or you are out. These practices cut down on the "revolving door" mode and probably reduce the number aggressively violent homeless loitering in the area as they cant just pop back into "The Army" when the mood fits them.

So... two answer your question, it is well, uhmm…. yes and no.

Anyone checking water locations nearby? Muddy and wet car would have me looking in or near water

Anyone checking water locations nearby? Muddy and wet car would have me looking in or near water
Hello Sparkleponyz, great first post! Yes, checking bodies of water, and especially entry points for tire tracks, etc. was hopefully (?) once of the first things LE did? We can hope.
*If* Alan were stalked and attacked, the Perp(s) might have brought ropes and weights which would make finding remains in a body of water more challenging without special equip. Thus far, we haven't heard anything (yet) to suggest this was premeditated; rather opportunistic.

Let us hope there is an advancement in this sad case very soon. Really sad.

I don't know.

The nearest water to both where the car was found and to where Alan was last seen is the Trinity River (As a side note, what is a "river " in overall dry Texas would be a "creek" in wetter eastern states).The Trinity river bottoms consists of the river and immediate flood plain.

Though the river is small and the direct flood plain narrow, the bottoms stretch for miles length wise and consist of overgrown areas, homeless encampments, drinking / drug use sites, illegal dumpsites and well maintained biking trails in the more gentrifying sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle