GUILTY TX - D’Lanny Reinelle Chairez, 20, (found/arrested) & James, 18 months, San Antonio, 22 Feb 2021

Killing him is absolutely sick and did not fix anything, did not save him. But she has a point. Yes, the aunt got the wheels moving and reported him missing but seriously, there is no way that most of the family isn’t just messed up. That’s A LOT of death.

She should’ve have just given him up and ask for actual help. She carries a lot of shame from what her mother and ex boyfriend did, and now she did it too.

I can’t wrap my head around the fact that his poor little body was there all along. I can’t help but thing that someone moved him recently, specially with neighbors saying there was some shady activity going on since she got arrested.
I must have missed the msn article that there was shady activity going on after she was arrested. Can someone please post it.

I’m watching the Dr Phil episode. They showed photos of the inside of the place where they were living and it was disgusting, full of trash and stuff strewn everywhere, including the blood stained sheet or blanket. The aunt said the smell was awful.

How did LE not recognize the smell of decomp? Did they not run dogs through the place? Such incompetence.

This poor little boy. So sad.

Last edited:
MAY 15, 2021
Family of James Chairez awaits answers after autopsy of human remains delayed until July (ksat.com)
[...]

The family held a media briefing Saturday morning to discuss the latest investigation developments and spoke out on child abuse, mistreatment, and neglect.

[...]

The human remains have not yet been identified by the medical examiner.

[...]

James’ great aunt, MG, said the remains were found underground, near the walkway of the main entrance to the mobile home. She added that the DNA of the remains should be revealed soon, but the autopsy isn’t expected to take place until at least July 1st.

[...]

JA, the founder of KJ’s Angels, said she and James’s family have grievances with Child Protective Services, in that they believe CPS could’ve helped prevent James’ disappearance.

“We do have some issues, some grievances, mostly with Child Protective Services. We feel like James was failed,” JA said. “Somebody needed to lay eyes on James and nobody made that happen.

[...]

James’ great aunt, MG, said the remains were found underground, near the walkway of the main entrance to the mobile home. She added that the DNA of the remains should be revealed soon, but the autopsy isn’t expected to take place until at least July 1st.

Thanks for clarifying this. It’s still upsetting that a more thorough search wasn’t done the first time around, especially considering the condition of the home, the history of the family, and the concerns raised by the child’s maternal extended family. I agree completely with them when they say the system failed this child. We’ve failed as a society in some way every time a child is killed like this. My heart aches for him and everyone who loved and cared for him.

MAY 19, 2021
Remains found in San Antonio identified as missing 18-month-old James Chairez – WSB-TV Channel 2 - Atlanta (wsbtv.com)
[...]

“Today, we received confirmation from the Bexar County Medical Examiner’s Office that the human remains located on April 28, 2021 at 7600 W Military Drive have been positively identified as Baby James Avi Chairez,” police said in a statement obtained by the Express-News.

In a video posted on Facebook, James’ great-aunt, MG, said her family got the news earlier Wednesday, according to KSAT-TV.

“My heart wasn’t ready to let go,” she said in the emotional video. ...

James’ cause of death was not immediately known. It was also not immediately clear when James died.

[...]

MAY 22, 2021
Memorial held for James Chairez after remains confirmed to belong to infant | kens5.com
[...]

There's no words to say how we're coping, (what) we're dealing with, what we have to deal with. We're taking it in as it comes," said Baby James's great-aunt, MG, who is both grieving and wanting to know how they got here. "Why would she do this? How could she do this? James didn't even begin his life yet. He was just starting."

Photos of the young boy from happier days adorned tables at the memorial. At the front, a large banner reading "In Loving Memory" and teddy bears greeted family, friends and community members who came out in support of Baby James and his family.

MG said the day wouldn't be enough to offer closure.

"I think about the relationship that they had together," she said, referring to the infant and his detained mother. "I don't understand how a switch could be flipped that quick."

[...]

San Antonians gather to mourn dead baby boy as family searches for closure

MAY 22, 2021
'James didn't even begin his life yet': Family heartbroken missing toddler's remains ID'd | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)
Family, friends and strangers gathered together to honor the life of baby James Chairez at a service for him Saturday.

[...]

"He gave us almost two years of memories that will stay with us forever," said MG, baby James' aunt.

[...]

MG said she and other family members still haven't heard from D'Lanny.

The young mom is still behind bars at the Bexar County jail facing a charge for tampering with evidence.

[...]

MG says the Bexar County Medical Examiner's Office still has the remains of baby James.

She said she is hoping and praying the investigation will wrap up before James' third birthday in July.

Damn. I actually thought I was reading the Evelyn Boswell case again here. There should be a study done and a profile worked out to identify warning signs of this particular sequence of actions before its way too late.

There should be a study done and a profile worked out to identify warning signs of this particular sequence of actions before its way too late.
MOO only, and I know some may disagree but I think a lot of these very young women having kids would have opted for abortion if it were easier to obtain. They didn't plan on the pregnancy, they are single with very little family support and may have been in denial for a large part of the pregnancy. By the time they give birth, they haven't bonded with the idea of a baby let alone an actual baby. There is no maternal bond, thats where a lot of these cases start. With clinics being shut down, lack of funding and our choice at risk now more than ever, so many unwanted babies are being born. She probably never even got proper sex education or birth control info to begin with because religious people think if you don't talk about it, it won't happen. THIS is the reault of no sex education, no birth control education and a lack of choises for girls like her.

MOO only, and I know some may disagree but I think a lot of these very young women having kids would have opted for abortion if it were easier to obtain. They didn't plan on the pregnancy, they are single with very little family support and may have been in denial for a large part of the pregnancy. By the time they give birth, they haven't bonded with the idea of a baby let alone an actual baby. There is no maternal bond, thats where a lot of these cases start. With clinics being shut down, lack of funding and our choice at risk now more than ever, so many unwanted babies are being born. She probably never even got proper sex education or birth control info to begin with because religious people think if you don't talk about it, it won't happen. THIS is the reault of no sex education, no birth control education and a lack of choises for girls like her.

Maybe, but I also think that it's the result of a culture that has turned a "baby bump" into a fashion statement, as well as a misguided attempt to keep a "baby daddy" in their lives. If your friends are all doing it, and celebrities are all doing it, you want to do it, too, just like having a little dog to carry around in your purse. It isn't long until they discover the day-to-day drudgery of being a single parent, and that is usually accompanied by financial hardship, the inevitable fighting that goes along with trying and failing to keep the "baby daddy" interested, being under the scrutiny of child welfare agencies, and loneliness that sets in when friends are out doing their fun things while mommy is stuck at home with a colicky baby.

I don't think abortion really even factors in, because they keep thinking that "baby daddy" is going to come around and they'll be one big happy family once the kid is born and he sees how cute it is. Once the realization sets in that they're on their own raising this kid, that's when bad things start to happen, especially if the kid is an obstacle to finding that happy family with a new boyfriend or mom starts using drugs as a way to escape the misery of her life.

All MOO.

Maybe, but I also think that it's the result of a culture that has turned a "baby bump" into a fashion statement, as well as a misguided attempt to keep a "baby daddy" in their lives. If your friends are all doing it, and celebrities are all doing it, you want to do it, too, just like having a little dog to carry around in your purse. It isn't long until they discover the day-to-day drudgery of being a single parent, and that is usually accompanied by financial hardship, the inevitable fighting that goes along with trying and failing to keep the "baby daddy" interested, being under the scrutiny of child welfare agencies, and loneliness that sets in when friends are out doing their fun things while mommy is stuck at home with a colicky baby.

I don't think abortion really even factors in, because they keep thinking that "baby daddy" is going to come around and they'll be one big happy family once the kid is born and he sees how cute it is. Once the realization sets in that they're on their own raising this kid, that's when bad things start to happen, especially if the kid is an obstacle to finding that happy family with a new boyfriend or mom starts using drugs as a way to escape the misery of her life.

All MOO.
Agreed. No doubt there are some young pregnant women who would choose to not give birth to their child, but there is also the category of girls who think of having a baby as having someone who will love you unconditionally, whose existence might bring healing to a baby daddy relationship, who is an accessory, something to dress up and play with, etc. You get attention while you're pregnant*, you get attention when you have a newborn or young baby.

In my previous life working in early intervention special education, I heard from a number of young mothers who knew, while pregnant, that it would be hard to be a young single parent, but who felt this sense of identity as a mother to be too great of a call to ignore. Then baby is challenging, or baby turns into toddler**, and all of the sudden it's not so fun anymore. Many of them are able to push through that, but not all, as we see here.

Even in my current life as a (mid-30s, happily married, "prepared," highly educated, financially comfortable, experienced with early childhood, mentally and physically healthy, etc., etc.) mom of 3.75 kids, there are times when I want to pull my hair out. Like, is there such a thing as boarding school for 3 year-olds? I can't imagine doing this in the kind of extenuating circumstances we've seen in the Chairez and Boswell cases, amongst others.

*MOO, am pregnant
**MOO, have toddler/had previous toddlers who are now preschoolers

I don't get it. Did the aunt or other family member ever contact CPS? Because you can't expect CPS to act if you never raise the alarm.
I thought that was odd, too. I would hope that anyone who had seen the disgusting condition of the trailer would have called CPS. I’ve read that MG called CPS and LE but James was already missing when she made the call. The mother refused to produce the child and that started the investigation.

I thought that was odd, too. I would hope that anyone who had seen the disgusting condition of the trailer would have called CPS. I’ve read that MG called CPS and LE but James was already missing when she made the call. The mother refused to produce the child and that started the investigation.
That's what I don't undertand. The family is angry at CPS because they didn't do anything to protect James, but they didn't either.

This aunt said herself that D'Lanny was a good mother, had a strong bond with James, cared for him and that she gave no indication that she was abusing or neglecting him. So, by her own words, there were zero red flags regarding how D'Lanny was raising her son, but she expected CPS to take action. How? From what we know, which really isn't much, it appears NOBODY reported any concerns to CPS. James was going to daycare, and nobody from daycare seemed to think he was in any sort of danger either.

Yes, she reported him missing when D'Lanny kept making excuses, but I think there's a lot more that we don't know about the family dynamics. We know James was alive around Christmas time, but D'Lanny and the baby didn't spend Christmas with the family. Why? I think something happened between them and she was distancing herself and the baby from the rest of the family.

It looks like whatever caused James' death, was D'Lanny's fault and I'm not disputing that, but the family can't sit on their high horse and blame anyone and everyone. The only victim here is baby James and they're making it seem like they are the victims. No. This baby was the one who most likely suffered and ended up dead.

It's pretty clear that D'Lanny carried A LOT of shame concerning her mother and James' father, it looks like nobody ever helped her and to be fair, it sounds like she didn't seek help either. It truly is sad that she wasn't able to break the cycle and ended up doing this to her innocent child too.

Anyways, I just don't like how the aunt and the rest of the family are acting, because it's always everyone else's fault. If they really didn't see any red flags, how was CPS supposed to know? It's that victim mentality, just do better and stop playing the victim card. James is the only real victim here.

Sometimes the CPS arguments frustrate me because everyone bashes them for not saving these children, but how can they save a child that was never on their radar? CPS don't just psychically know there is a child in trouble. Someone has to report it to them. Its not like every child is granted a CPS worker at birth. Obviously in some cases there is an immediate case opened when a child is born, but those are usually when there has been previous CPS involvement with a family or if a child is born with drugs in their system. Otherwise, CPS has no idea a child exists until someone raises the flag and sometimes that flag is raised too late, but CPS can't be blamed for that. Jmo

JUN 9, 2021
Open Court: Mother of baby James Chairez to appear for first time; get to know Judge Jefferson Moore; courthouse restrictions eased (ksat.com)
Courts are open as of June 1 and trying to dig out of a huge backlog of cases from the pandemic closures and delays.

Last month, Bexar County District Attorney Joe Gonzales said 35,000 criminal cases were awaiting trial.

[...]

On the Docket:
Here’s a look at trials and court proceedings we can expect in the coming weeks. Dates are subject to change because of potential delays, rescheduling or plea bargains being reached.
  • D’Lanny Chairez: expected to make her first court appearance and is facing tampering with evidence charge in regards to the disappearance of her baby James Chairez -- hearing set for June 16
[...]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann