GUILTY FL - Tristyn Bailey, 13, found deceased, St Johns Co, 9 May 2021 *14 yo Arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see this article posted. I apologize if repeat.

New details into Tristyn Bailey’s murder investigation in one-on-one with SJC Sheriff Hardwick

He also said they wouldn’t be at this stage of the investigation if it wasn’t for the community’s help.

“This case was solved because of involvement in the partnership between the media, our community, and the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office. Otherwise, I think we’d be looking for Tristyn still today,” Sheriff Hardwick said.

I didn't see this article posted. I apologize if repeat.

New details into Tristyn Bailey’s murder investigation in one-on-one with SJC Sheriff Hardwick

He also said they wouldn’t be at this stage of the investigation if it wasn’t for the community’s help.

“This case was solved because of involvement in the partnership between the media, our community, and the St. Johns County Sheriff’s Office. Otherwise, I think we’d be looking for Tristyn still today,” Sheriff Hardwick said.

The article mentions a dive team that finished its search. I thought TB was found by the pond. Was she actually in the pond? Or maybe they were just looking for more evidence?

Last edited:
The article mentions a dive team that finished its search. I thought TB was find by the pond. Was she actually in the pond? Or maybe they were just looking for more evidence?

Just an assumption on my part, but I think they were looking for additional items (murder weapon(s), clothing, cell phones)?

Here is the article where I drew my conclusion from:

Investigating Tristyn Bailey’s murder, Sheriff says “Our investigators are not done”

Hardwick joined Jacksonville’s Morning News Tuesday and said that the Sheriff’s Office will continue their search in the retention ponds in the area surrounding where Bailey’s body was found.

There is nothing on the school website about academics. There is a one sentence motto about its mission. Nothing else. What is the "lifelong learning" they're "fostering"? How do they meet those goals? What do they do all day? What makes the school special? What are they proud of? What kind of student body does it have? What efforts does it make to integrate kids of all faiths, rich, poor, unusual, conventional, brilliant, struggling. Does this have a bearing on "character development"?
There are many items about what parents get to pay for.

All BS speak for "getting by".

No schools ever talk about academics anymore. That's what's REALLY scary. They'd rather categorize you into whether you can play a sport or not. If you can't, you're ignored. Even if you pay for private school, it's the same. Private schools get no money or street cred unless they get their sports on.

If they couldn't afford it, why did they get him a lawyer so fast? Didn't they knew one would be appointed ASAP? Strange.

I’ll pose this as a theory: the lawyer was a connection they already had, an existing relationship. In a panic, they asked him in for the initial hearing. But it was not a long term plan.

I can 100% see how this would happen. Pull in the lawyer in the family in a jam and they agree but they cannot do a whole murder trial for free.

There is nothing on the school website about academics. There is a one sentence motto about its mission. Nothing else. What is the "lifelong learning" they're "fostering"? How do they meet those goals? What do they do all day? What makes the school special? What are they proud of? What kind of student body does it have? What efforts does it make to integrate kids of all faiths, rich, poor, unusual, conventional, brilliant, struggling. Does this have a bearing on "character development"?
How is that relevant to a murder case? They were students at the school, the crime didn’t happen at the school.

I’ll pose this as a theory: the lawyer was a connection they already had, an existing relationship. In a panic, they asked him in for the initial hearing. But it was not a long term plan.

I can 100% see how this would happen. Pull in the lawyer in the family in a jam and they agree but they cannot do a whole murder trial for free.
That is definitely the impression I got while watching the detention hearing. When Mr. Snobar hadn't joined the teleconference yet, Aiden's mom told his dad to get Andy on the phone.
It is also possible that the atty does not feel that he is qualified/the most appropriate person to handle this case past the initial stages.

His demeanor is one of strait-up indifference. Imo. Only time he looked like he was “thinking” is when he heard 21 days juvenile detention. I wonder what he thinks will happen after that.
I've just watched it now and I don't see complete indifference. He swallows/gulps. His eyes look watery at some point. Emotions flicker across his face. MOO

Some teens would undoubtedly react more. Some less. Check the Alesha MacPhail case. Apparently the 16yo/17yo? who murdered her "enjoyed" the court case, took pleasure in making things as hard as possible for little Alesha's family. The case is here on Websleuths. The murderer has now been locked away for a long time. He was deemed to be probably unfixable, though those weren't the words used. That didn't come out till the end of the trial though.

Any emotion I saw from him at the hearing was for himself- not for Tristyn, imo.
Yes, I agree with you there, but it still shows he feels some emotions, which is different from not being able or willing to feel at all.

As to "age of reason" being 8yo, I can't imagine he didn't know he was doing something really wrong. But that still doesn't mean the public should be making decisions for the courts. In case this kid can be rehabilitated at some point, he should be offered therapy including probably emotion control, channeling rage/anger into something far less destructive than murder, taking responsibility for his own actions and undoubtedly much more. JMOO

I think what you are thinking of is defence cuts to fingers and hands to the victim. I am not sure that the stabber cuts himself.

Respectfully...

From multiple crime reports I have followed I understand that perps who use knives to stab their victims..
often get knife slices on their OWN hands as the force behind the stabbing action...
and the (sorry) slickness of the blood/sweat, etc...
cause the knife to slip in the perp's hand/s ...
creating noticeable wounds on their own hands...

JMO...

Valid point and I don't know the answer. LE has suggested he slaughtered her. You'd think he'd be cut up all over his hands and fingers.

I am wondering if he brought leather (or thick) gloves for his actions...

This would imply to me that:
1.) He pre-planned the assault/premeditation...
2.) He was aware of the potential for cutting his own hands when committing the stabbing....
3.)He may have even already performed such assaults prior...

All... JMO...

P.S. Perhaps LE are searching for such gloves among other pieces of evidence...

It's a public school. I'm not saying that in any kind of negative way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48