CANADA Canada - Barry, 75, & Honey Sherman, 70, found dead, Toronto, 15 Dec 2017 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn’t agree with you more. Tom Klatt, Brian Greenspan and Detective Brandon Price all confirmed this in my “dealings” with them.
I can understand and appreciate that the family, particularly Jonathon didn’t want it written that Barry went off the deep end, killed his mom and then committed suicide. All the money and spinning isn’t going to change this fact.
No arrest/no collecting the 10 million.
Best of luck Detective Yin.

Kerry, you also told Kevin Donovan that you told someone on December 13th —the day the Shermans were killed— that you feared your brother Jeffrey would kill the Shermans. You said on the day the Shermans were found that you tried repeatedly to reach Jeffrey, and when you reached him you asked him if he killed them. (Source: page 151 of my ebook by Kevin Donovan. He quoted you and described the setting of your interview with him in great detail)

Then in the same section of the book, according to you, your girlfriend asked you if you killed them because you talked about doing so. You confirmed that on the Fifth Estate and even shared your plan of how you wanted to kill Barry. And you said you arranged to have Honey Sherman killed years ago, but it was called off.

While reviewing your failed polygraph test, Criminologist Michael Arntfield said on the Fifth Estate that the reasons behind your shifting narrative should be looked into. I hope it’s explained one day.

Kerry, you also told Kevin Donovan that you told someone on December 13th —the day the Shermans were killed— that you feared your brother Jeffrey would kill the Shermans. You said on the day the Shermans were found that you tried repeatedly to reach Jeffrey, and when you reached him you asked him if he killed them. (Source: page 151 of my ebook by Kevin Donovan. He quoted you and described the setting of your interview with him in great detail)

Then in the same section of the book, according to you, your girlfriend asked you if you killed them because you talked about doing so. You confirmed that on the Fifth Estate and even shared your plan of how you wanted to kill Barry. And you said you arranged to have Honey Sherman killed years ago, but it was called off.

While reviewing your failed polygraph test, Criminologist Michael Arntfield said on the Fifth Estate that the reasons behind your shifting narrative should be looked into. I hope it’s explained one day.

Given this information, is Kerry a credible character witness?

Did anyone here know Honey and Barry personally? Was Barry a volatile man who couldn’t control his anger? What could Honey possibly have done that would trigger such rage in her husband that he would murder her? Did Barry have a history of this type of behaviour? Is it documented anywhere?

A brother making public allegations of murder toward another brother, how low does it go…who needs enemies? Given KW’s adamant and confident claims over the years about the cousins winning the billion dollar lawsuit, he must’ve been downright hostile at JB when he backed out. KW allegedly talking about killing, another brother publicly praising the Shermans. Polar opposites. I’ve wondered if Barry reunited with JB, maybe even helped him out financially and if that were so, how would KW have reacted? Because his accusations of murder toward JB, as repeated to a reporter, sure strike me as bitter and vindictive. JMO

Barry Sherman’s cousin to undergo ‘disability’ assessment as billion-dollar appeal continues
“Jeffrey Barkin told the Star recently that he has no interest in the ongoing dispute. “(Barry and Honey) did so much for the community, and I do not wish to diminish this,” he said.”

Did anyone here know Honey and Barry personally? Was Barry a volatile man who couldn’t control his anger? What could Honey possibly have done that would trigger such rage in her husband that he would murder her? Did Barry have a history of this type of behaviour? Is it documented anywhere?

I did not know the Shermans. But based on what info has been posted here other was sleuthers and MSM, there has been no reason to believe that a) Barry had anger management issues, b) was abusive to Honey c) or had a propensity to violence.

So Barry gets really angry with Honey and kills her. How did he kill her, by maual strangulation? Remember he is over 70 years old. Are there signs of manual strangualtion on Honey? Are there signs of struggle between the two? I think the answer is no on both counts.

Okay, Honey is dead by Barry's hand. Barry composes himself and calls for an aide to help stage the double suicide scenario. The aide arrives (when, from where?) and foolishly agrees with Barry to facilitate the staging. The aide assists Barry in killing himself, (is that legal?) and leaves no evidence of his presence in the house, (or maybe he has been a regular vistor). Nobody sees the aide come or go.

The aide tells no one about the events. If the aide has been interviewed by the TPS he lies. He even makes up an alibi about his where abouts.

Oh yes, the aide made marks on Barry's and Honey's wrists that the autopsy revealed. The aide also applied 'zip-ties' to the bodies that the autopsy showed indications of. The aide then removed the zip ties from the bodies and the home. (Where did the zip-ties come from?)

Think for a moment and try and visualise this scenario in your mind. Would any of you, play the role of the aide? Your best friend has inadvertenly killed his wife. He asks you to help him kill himself and stage the scene to look like a double suicide. Would you agree and facilitate the plan? You are no dummy, and would quickly see there are criminal risks to you. Easily the police have enough circumstantial evidence to charge you with double murder. If you hide your involvment from the police, you then increase the likelihood of being charged.

Or when called by Barry, would you tell him to call 911, or in fact would you call 911 yourself?
Even if 911 has not been called, when you arrive at the scene, would you agree to Barry's plan? Likely you would try and talk him out of it or refuse to participate. Would you tell Barry that a good lawyer, of which Barry has many, can get him off as it was an accident. Probably probation and community service. Would you tell Barry he has much to live for and can be still be of service to society.

Finally, what would be more likely, Barry calling his lawyer upon realisation Hoeny was dead, or Barry calling and aide to assist in the Double suicide scenario?

BS was a smart guy. Once HS suffered a bloody, facial injury he would know that a staged, double-suicide pact was less plausible. Why not leave a suicide note to convince police? Even a murder-suicide scenario involving grotesque, violent hangings was bizarre imo. If anyone helped him in this plot, it wouldn't be an ethical friend or a reasonably intelligent person.

The person/people who killed the Shermans either had something against them eg. Was mad at them for something, and hated them so much that they were willing to kill them, or they stood to gain something significant from their death. Perhaps the person who did the killing was hired to do so for someone who had something against them, or for someone who was going to gain something from their death.
While there has been speculation that one of their children did this, I honestly don’t think it is possible. No matter how angry you might be with your parents nor how badly you may long for your inheritance, very rarely could a person look their parents in the eye and kill them, and then stage this sad sight. I suppose one could hire someone to do it, but could they live with the guilt? Could they just go on like nothing happened? Would there be a money trail? Would there be sociopathic signs or a pattern of abnormal behaviour in advance that could suggest it was leading up to a double murder?
I don’t know any of the people involved in this sad tale, so I don’t know what they are capable of. Killing another human being, especially in this manner would not be a simple, easy task. Imagine how much motivation would be required. How much would someone have to truly hate both Barry and Honey to do this to them? If anyone here knows the family or knew the Shermans, could you honestly see someone doing this who knew them?

The person/people who killed the Shermans either had something against them eg. Was mad at them for something, and hated them so much that they were willing to kill them, or they stood to gain something significant from their death. Perhaps the person who did the killing was hired to do so for someone who had something against them, or for someone who was going to gain something from their death.
While there has been speculation that one of their children did this, I honestly don’t think it is possible. No matter how angry you might be with your parents nor how badly you may long for your inheritance, very rarely could a person look their parents in the eye and kill them, and then stage this sad sight. I suppose one could hire someone to do it, but could they live with the guilt? Could they just go on like nothing happened? Would there be a money trail? Would there be sociopathic signs or a pattern of abnormal behaviour in advance that could suggest it was leading up to a double murder?
I don’t know any of the people involved in this sad tale, so I don’t know what they are capable of. Killing another human being, especially in this manner would not be a simple, easy task. Imagine how much motivation would be required. How much would someone have to truly hate both Barry and Honey to do this to them? If anyone here knows the family or knew the Shermans, could you honestly see someone doing this who knew them?

Re your last sentence "If anyone here knows the family or knew the Shermans, could you honestly see someone doing this who knew them"? By his own admission, son JS told KW in his interview that his sister believes that he was involved in their parents' murders. I suspect she knows him very well, and JS states that they were close over the years. But her belief is only one opinion that has been made public. There is another exact opinion from a named close friend of BS which he made on another crime site, but I don't think I am allowed to provide a link to the site.

Barry had access to pharmaceutical products that could make the ridiculous staging unnecessary. The murder/suicide would have been a time consuming waste of energy for an elderly man who had a busy life.

Besides, we know that he handled his disputes in court. Had there been marital issues, he had lawyers who could sort things out.

I'm not buying the Barry did it theory.

How do we know that there werent “... sociopathic signs or a pattern of abnormal behaviour in advance that could suggest it was leading up to a double murder...”?
I believe TPS is evaluating exactly that.

How do we know that there werent “... sociopathic signs or a pattern of abnormal behaviour in advance that could suggest it was leading up to a double murder...”?
I believe TPS is evaluating exactly that.

In my opinion it’s beyond sociopathic into psychopathic territory.

It’s one thing for a crime scene to be staged, the murderer intending to evade detection, such as staging an accidental death or violent home invasion gone wrong whereby something occurred but the victims are blameless……but quite another to stage a scene in such a way as to implicate the murder victim so it appears he was covering up the fact he viciously murdered his wife.

That’s the ultimate in victim blaming, well beyond just causing death, it was staged in an attempt to destroy Barry’s reputation as well, if infact evidence was planted at the scene indicating a m/s took place (ie audio, video, documents etc). That deeply diabolical aspect makes this murder case very different from others that are solely motivated by greed IMO.

Last edited:
Just checking in for updates after 10 days and 5 pages of no email notifications. Hope this triggers them again.

''Kevin Donovan on the murder of billionaire couple Barry and Honey Sherman''
•May 25, 2021

KD again has to dispel the usual social media theories (Clinton Foundation, anti-Semitism, terrorism) and states that he doesn't think that the Sherman murders were "business" related. He thinks it was..pause.."something else". Based on his articles, it isn't too hard to guess who he thinks was the "something else".

I was surprised that as of today's date, he seems frustrated that TPS won't re-interview people whom he thinks they would be well advised to do so for information. I thought his last article denoted that this had been accomplished and had led to fresh info, but today, he obviously thinks other re-interviews should be done. He can't understand why TPS won't do them.

KD has never let up in his criticism of the initial TPS investigation. For sure that has caused resentment and I can imagine TPS ignoring some of KD's info, as they did with Dr. Chiasson's second autopsies.

I think Kerry stated that TPS hadn't interviewed anyone for over a year. True or not, TPS should re-interview everybody suggested by KW, based on his investigation with close Sherman friends and some Sherman family. I can't see a reason for not doing so when the case is obviously stalled for lack of evidence. jmo

At one time there was some discussion here regarding who died first, HS or BS and how/if that would affect the will(s). rbbm.
Common disaster planning and the Estates of Barry and Honey Sherman
May 25 2021 by Peter Askew
'' While the Shermans’ estate planning remains largely a mystery at this point, the unknown circumstances of their deaths give rise to a further legal issue which may or may not be consequential depending on the manner in which their will(s) were drafted. Where two or more people die at the same time or in circumstances where it is uncertain which of them survived the other, there are certain complications that may arise in the administration of their estates.''

''In the case of the Shermans, the unknown circumstances of their deaths may lead to uncertainty with respect to how their estates, totalling a combined $5-10 billion, are to be administered. It has been reported, although as yet unconfirmed due to the court’s sealing order, that Barry had primary and secondary wills, while Honey died without a will. Apparently, Barry’s wills may have left the residue of his estate to Honey in the event he predeceased her.4 If this is true, and Barry is found to have died before Honey, complications could arise if the residue of his estate were to pass to Honey’s estate to then be distributed to her heirs pursuant to the laws of intestate succession.5 This would have the unintended effect of distributing some or all of his estate assets according to a statutory scheme rather than in accordance with his wishes.''

5 This would have the unintended effect of distributing some or all of his estate assets according to a statutory scheme rather than in accordance with his wishes.''
<rsbm>

IMO, that doesn't make sense. Whether Barry died 1 minute, 1 day, or 1 month before Honey, if Barry specified the residue of his estate goes to Honey and that's what the Will states, that was his intended effect and his wishes. Had Honey survived him, it was hers to do with as she wished, whether via Will or if she died intestate, the Court should rule on it in accordance with laws of succession.

ETA: There is wording in a standard LWT to the effect of "if my wife fails to survive me by (X amount of time), I direct my executor to pay or transfer ..."

Last edited:
<rsbm>

IMO, that doesn't make sense. Whether Barry died 1 minute, 1 day, or 1 month before Honey, if Barry specified the residue of his estate goes to Honey and that's what the Will states, that was his intended effect and his wishes. Had Honey survived him, it was hers to do with as she wished, whether via Will or if she died intestate, the Court should rule on it in accordance with laws of succession.

ETA: There is wording in a standard LWT to the effect of "if my wife fails to survive me by (X amount of time), I direct my executor to pay or transfer ..."

Here is the explanation, from the article linked:
One example is that in the absence of a clause that would contemplate a scenario where both spouses die simultaneously, often referred to as a “common disaster clause”, spouses with mirror wills may have certain bequests triggered twice. For example, if each spouse’s will stipulated that the residue of their estate was to be transferred to their spouse if he/she survives the other by 30 days, with a gift over of a specific bequest to their first child and the residue to their second child, if the parents died simultaneously the first child would get the specific bequest twice and the second child would be shortchanged.

I have been thinking about this case, trying to come up with a scenario that might merit some new discussion.
We have (I think its fair to say) generally assumed that the killers targeted both Barry and Honey. This is what TPS stated in their press conference. But how would they know that? Of course they may have been a note or something left behind confirming this, but I somehow doubt it.
Alternatively, let's consider the possibility that HS was in fact the person that was targeted for murder. Why, I don't know, but there perhaps was someone with an extreme dislike or hatred for HS. It is possible thatBarry arrived home earlier than anticipated that night- perhaps whoever was involved in these crimes had knowledge or assumed that that BS would be attending the Apotex party that night that JD attended, and therefore BS wouldn't be home until later.
If Barry arrived home earlier than expected, and the killers were still in the house, having already perhaps murdered HS, the killers may have been left with no alternative but to kill BS.
Leaving aside speculation as to why the bodies were positioned as they were, I think it is possible that HS was in fact the real target, and BS just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. JMO- comments welcomed

I have been thinking about this case, trying to come up with a scenario that might merit some new discussion.
We have (I think its fair to say) generally assumed that the killers targeted both Barry and Honey. This is what TPS stated in their press conference. But how would they know that? Of course they may have been a note or something left behind confirming this, but I somehow doubt it.
Alternatively, let's consider the possibility that HS was in fact the person that was targeted for murder. Why, I don't know, but there perhaps was someone with an extreme dislike or hatred for HS. It is possible thatBarry arrived home earlier than anticipated that night- perhaps whoever was involved in these crimes had knowledge or assumed that that BS would be attending the Apotex party that night that JD attended, and therefore BS wouldn't be home until later.
If Barry arrived home earlier than expected, and the killers were still in the house, having already perhaps murdered HS, the killers may have been left with no alternative but to kill BS.
Leaving aside speculation as to why the bodies were positioned as they were, I think it is possible that HS was in fact the real target, and BS just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. JMO- comments welcomed
Rbbm.
Very interesting thought, one that iirc- has not been previously mentioned.
Really, other than the party host and perhaps some of the other guests, who would know that BS cancelled going to the Xmas party that he apparently attended every year!
PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rypie15