Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #60 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see BM prosecuted and off the streets. I do have some worry points atm. The key "discovery person" (don't know the correct term) being out sick can mean many things in todays world. I don't know how much that impacts the abilities of the prosecution. These initial hearings look like a chess match to me. With my limited understanding of all that is legal, I fall back on what's expected of me in my line of work. In my perfect fantasy world, the response to the request for what was being asked for would have been "Here it is. Geez, we would have had it to you yesterday if you had just asked". Could the request for LE texts/emails been anticipated? I trust the prosecution in this case, recognize the challenge they face and I am confident they'll get the job done. If they dither too much on giving the defense these materials, it might start to make me wonder about the strength of what they have.

All MOO and MON (my own naivety).

I like the judge, too! Loved when he called out BM's attorney for implying local LE might not have the funds to buy a tape recorder. The judge replied something like, "We may be out in the sticks here but they can afford a recording device." Lol!
Me too, I had to chuckle! Regardless of where they live the judge, prosecutors, law enforcement are all certainly educated / highly trained and experts in their fields. Don't look down your nose defenders they know exactly what they're doing. Just wait, you will see - I'm very confident.

4. Preserving biological evidence= they have some type of forensic fluids that will nail Barry.

This is the hugest thing so far. It raises all kinds of questions in my mind - where did they find this evidence, when did they find it, is it exclusionary of all potential other causes for the evidence, what is it?

I wonder if the AA will tell us, when it is eventually released. It seems like it will, as it may be one of the primary items that enabled his arrest.
BBM for focus Good Post, got me thinking.
Could the prosecution also not have biological evidence of Suzanne’s, proof she’s deceased? And if they also have biological evidence belonging to SM, same questions, where and when did they find it.

Guess we’ll have to wait for the AA for more clues. Waiting is hard because we’ve been waiting for a year already.
dunno.gif

MOO

I thought the judge said that he agreed with the prosecutor's interpretation. The rule seems pretty clear. It says the prosecutor must turn over the info "as soon as practicable but not later than 21 days after the defendant's first appearance at the time of or following the filing of charges". Today was BM's first appearance after the charges were filed, so the 21 days does seem to start running today. That's my take. (Unverified Lawyer)
Rule 16 - Discovery and Procedure Before Trial, Colo. R. Crim. P. 16 | Casetext Search + Citator.
Agree, Judge Murphy stated May 27 was the first appearance for BM since being formally charged. Prosecution has 21 days from yesterday to comply, but will turnover everything by Wednesday, Monday is a legal holiday. Prosecution is well within the required timeframe for turning over discovery.

How’s the cold oatmeal this morning, BM? You looked a little out of sorts yesterday! Hope your “cage” gets more uncomfortable every.single.day!
MOO

BBM for focus Good Post, got me thinking.
Could the prosecution also not have biological evidence of Suzanne’s, proof she’s deceased? And if they also have biological evidence belonging to SM, same questions, where and when did they find it.

Guess we’ll have to wait for the AA for more clues. Waiting is hard because we’ve been waiting for a year already.
dunno.gif

MOO

Maybe that FBI lead dig in Salida wasn’t a nothing burger...

I tell ya, I am really impressed at how tight the lid has been kept on this case by Spezze and his team of investigators. Amazing that nothing really has been leaked that I can think of, with the exception of “a bicycle being found.” But that’s never been confirmed. MOO

Just thinking over the hearing yesterday. With BM’s next court dates in August, does that mean his attorneys cannot ask for bail until then? Don’t forget guys, he’s stuck in a cage! So sad. :rolleyes: I’m still adamant he won’t be offered bail, but just curious at what point his attorneys can ask for it.

Despite knowing that the court process moves slowly (well, slower than I’d like), I find myself slightly annoyed or disappointed every time. It’s just more and more waiting. However, trying to remind myself that at least this time, we will be waiting while BM is behind bars, instead of enjoying his undeserved freedom.

As I am still somewhat new here, I just want to express my appreciation for having WS available as an outlet, and as a place where respectful discussions can be held. I enjoy reading everyone’s posts and different ideas, and I only wish I had joined sooner. Throwing ideas around ... by myself... wasn’t very productive or engaging.

I tell ya, I am really impressed at how tight the lid has been kept on this case by Spezze and his team of investigators. Amazing that nothing really has been leaked that I can think of, with the exception of “a bicycle being found.” But that’s never been confirmed. MOO

I’m impressed too... with how quiet things seemed, I worried not much was going on behind the scenes, or that LE was stuck trying to build their case. Thankfully, I was wrong. I remember the night before BM was arrested, I went online looking for any updates on both SM and Maya Millete. Seeing none for either, I was happily shocked upon seeing the news of BM’s arrest about 12 hours later. Almost thought I’d read it wrong when I saw the headline.

4. Preserving biological evidence= they have some type of forensic fluids that will nail Barry.

This is the hugest thing so far. It raises all kinds of questions in my mind - where did they find this evidence, when did they find it, is it exclusionary of all potential other causes for the evidence, what is it?

I wonder if the AA will tell us, when it is eventually released. It seems like it will, as it may be one of the primary items that enabled his arrest.

After the slight disappointment of not knowing when the AA would be unsealed,it was a huge bonus to know they do have biological evidence. Would love to know more details about where and when it was found. Does it fit in with the tampering with a body and/or weapon charge? Have they had the evidence for a while or was it quite recently discovered? I wonder if LE still have items being forensically tested.

Last edited:
Just thinking over the hearing yesterday. With BM’s next court dates in August, does that mean his attorneys cannot ask for bail until then? Don’t forget guys, he’s stuck in a cage! So sad. :rolleyes: I’m still adamant he won’t be offered bail, but just curious at what point his attorneys can ask for it.

Despite knowing that the court process moves slowly (well, slower than I’d like), I find myself slightly annoyed or disappointed every time. It’s just more and more waiting. However, trying to remind myself that at least this time, we will be waiting while BM is behind bars, instead of enjoying his undeserved freedom.

As I am still somewhat new here, I just want to express my appreciation for having WS available as an outlet, and as a place where respectful discussions can be held. I enjoy reading everyone’s posts and different ideas, and I only wish I had joined sooner. Throwing ideas around ... by myself... wasn’t very productive or engaging.
I’m no attorney. That said, it’s my understanding the Defense wants to look over discovery the Prosecution has, will probably try to initially poke some holes in it hoping to ask for a bail hearing for the caged guy. Otherwise, he’ll stay in his cage until next court date August 9. Defense’s first goal will be to try getting him bailed out. I’m sure BM has told them how bad LE has screwed up the evidence.
BM: “Listen, let me tell you how hard they’ve been trying to frame me. Ya know, the FBI lies too! They’re in cahoots with the meth heads!”

sorry, couldn’t help myself! :)
Knowledgeable people, please correct me if I’m mistaken! Tia
MOO

I’m no attorney. That said, it’s my understanding the Defense wants to look over discovery the Prosecution has, will probably try to initially poke some holes in it hoping to ask for a bail hearing for the caged guy. Otherwise, he’ll stay in his cage until next court date August 9. Defense’s first goal will be to try getting him bailed out. I’m sure BM has told them how bad LE has screwed up the evidence.
BM: “Listen, let me tell you how hard they’ve been trying to frame me. Ya know, the FBI lies too! They’re in cahoots with the meth heads!”

MOO

please correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t his future august court dates include a hearing to see if there is enough to bind him over until trial? Perhaps the preliminary hearing? I know you may not know this either, but if you or anyone could clarify that would be great. That was my thought and if so, I was wondering if they absolutely could not request bail until then.

I don’t doubt that little conversation you just typed out is similar to what is actually being said. I only wish I could be a fly on the wall to hear discussions between him and his attorneys. I’m feeling like there’s not any questions aimed towards BM like, “is there anything you NEED to tell us that could come out and surprise us at trial?” ... I think the AA speaks for itself, honestly, and his attorneys are just going through these early motions while forming their defense..

Prosecutors surely have some absolute proof SM is deceased, it’s a no body case. It would be a huge risk trying to convince a jury she’s deceased just because no one has heard from her. In Gannon Stauch case, charges were brought against step mom before his body was found. Investigators based presumption of death on the blood evidence found in his bedroom, enough he couldn’t still be alive, in their opinion. I think it’s highly likely they have bone fragments, blood evidence, or cadaver dog evidence she’s no longer alive. The dog evidence would be the weakest imo.
MOO

I have a feeling the AA will remain sealed and we will not get any new information until the Prelim starting August 9th.
The media will press hard for its release. After all, with proper redactions, isn't it public information? I know it is in Texas. Suits will be filed for release if necessary. LS will be our friend in this. I believe we will see it soon unless the release has to be demanded through litigation.

please correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t his future august court dates include a hearing to see if there is enough to bind him over until trial? Perhaps the preliminary hearing? I know you may not know this either, but if you or anyone could clarify that would be great. That was my thought and if so, I was wondering if they absolutely could not request bail until then.

I don’t doubt that little conversation you just typed out is similar to what is actually being said. I only wish I could be a fly on the wall to hear discussions between him and his attorneys. I’m feeling like there’s not any questions aimed towards BM like, “is there anything you NEED to tell us that could come out and surprise us at trial?” ... I think the AA speaks for itself, honestly, and his attorneys are just going through these early motions while forming their defense..
BBM You’re probably 100% correct. I won’t disagree with that.

After the slight disappointment of not knowing when the AA would be unsealed,it was a huge bonus to know they do have biological evidence. Would love to know more details about where and when it was found. Does it fit in with the tampering with a body and/or weapon charge? Have they had the evidence for a while or was it quite recently discovered? I wonder if LE still have items being forensically tested.
Agreed.
Plus they may have found something in the dig under the homeowners' concrete slab that has come back from testing ?
Or blood evidence from the house that was taken from the floor or drains ?
Maybe causing damage to the house ?
*fingers crossed * --If there's biological evidence, hopefully it's substantial !

MOO
bbm
I laughed way too much over the bolded ! :D :p :)
How true --he'll spin the most absurd nonsense.
Already has.
Imo.

MOO, I have a feeling enough biological evidence was found at the home to prove it would be inconsistent with SM being alive, and they also found biological evidence at a site that can be connected to BM which ties to the tampering with a dead body charge.

Please share the name of that streaming network or PM me. Thanks!
MaxTV23
Live streaming over 2,000 + all the premium channels
Movie section
TV series section ( I re-watch a lot of my old favorites LOL)

I am not very computer savvy and I was able to install and set it up for us, my neighbor and my family members :)

One last random thought on that Salida job FBI dig site. The area the FBI dug was pretty finite and deep if I recall. I wonder if there is any significance to that and the Auger attachment theory others have posted as well as BM doing a mechanical thing to his bobcat and the neighbor hearing loud noise at 11:30pm that Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix