Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, members may link to the RSO page only for the offenders who reside in the Spruce Village Trailer Park at 520 N Front Street, Montezuma, but here at WS, they must be referred to by their initials only.

Another WSer had previously posted the their information but the post was removed due to full names and, at the time, we did not realize those individuals reside at 520 N Front Street, Montezuma, where Xavior lives.

When you access the Registry at the following links, note that your IP will be on record, so please read and pay particular attention to the Public Notice and User Agreement, and in particular:

3) Any actions taken by you against these subjects, including vandalism of property, verbal or written threats of harm or physical assault against these subjects, their families or employers can result in your arrest and prosecution.

https://www.iowasexoffender.gov/search

SLC
JDS

If you have difficulty accessing the specific registry details, perhaps you could private message me for assistance.

3. At ~2:28 the reporter says that the call to report X missing was made by "HIS friend's mom". IOW it sounds like the call was not made by X's own mother or anyone in his household, but another child alerted their parent that X is missing?

All JMO
<rsbm>

We don't know the nature of the mom's disability. She may not physically or emotionally have been able to do so herself, and we don't know if other family members were home at the time.

I’m new here. Am I allowed to share something that a family member posted on FB?
Sorry I wasn't clear in my reply ; you may only sleuth the missing person themselves -- or if applicable, a named poi by LE.
That's about it.

Since Xavior was 11 he may not have social media and at this time LE have only said he's not in the area.
If school was out it may not have been unusual for him to be out and about during the day.
Still hoping he'll be found soon.
Welcome to Websleuths !

Strange that a friend of the family reported him missing instead of the mother?

I know she's disabled, but severely disabled that she wouldn't alert the authorities to her son's disappearance? Particularly if he was helping care for her?

Very concerning. So if he didn't typically (or ever) leave the trailer park area, either something prompted/influenced him to do so that day or he was taken from there by someone.

Perhaps the mom is used to him going out and playing for hours at a time in the trailer park during summer days so wasn't aware he was missing at first? Do we know if the family friend had contact with the mom at all either via phone or in person? I'm thinking if the friend stopped by and asked "Hey where is Xavior?" then maybe they both realized he was missing and the friend called on behalf of the mother? Just throwing out scenarios. MOO

If he was barely supervised, and riding around a lot in the caravan park near a main road, someone might have noticed his movements and snatched him. However, Xavior's bicycle is also missing, isn't it? That would seem to discredit a snatch-and-grab.

I just hope he was just curious and wandered off on his bicycle further than usual and got lost and is thus safely found. If he is so young and has the responsibility of caring for a parent, he may just be strong, smart and resilient enough to manage outdoors or in any situation. But as time goes on, I worry more and more.

Strange that a friend of the family reported him missing instead of the mother?

I know she's disabled, but severely disabled that she wouldn't alert the authorities to her son's disappearance? Particularly if he was helping care for her?
The report I read stated that the Mom called the family friend that Xavior was missing and the friend called LE. It doesn't state why the mom didn't call LE directly. Not sure if it's connected to her disability and maybe feeling "comfortable" in being able to provide all the necessary information, etc. to LE.

If his phone is missing, assuming Xavior had one, someone may have lured him away . :(
Is there any way --if this is the case -- to subpoena his phone records and see who may have called him ?
Or an online 'friend' , another boy his age who maybe wasn't whom they appeared to be ?
MOO

Here is some new info. Apparently, there was an argument on Wednesday night. Mom did not want to report her son’s disappearance?

Neighbors recall night before Xavior Harrelson's disappearance
Thanks for this link !
Sad for the friend.
There's a lot to digest in this article.
A fight makes it sound like he maybe took off in a childish fit and is with a friend or hiding, but to leave his bike -- and the fact that LE have not yet said he was a runaway ?
Eventually a child will get hungry/cold/scared and return home.
:(
Imo.

Here is some new info. Apparently, there was an argument on Wednesday night. Mom did not want to report her son’s disappearance?

Neighbors recall night before Xavior Harrelson's disappearance

From the article:

[...]

According to several witnesses, verbal fights were not unusual in the home. In hindsight, residents wonder whether the argument they heard May 26 had any role in the boy's disappearance.

[KK] and his family are Xavior's next-door neighbors, and [KK's] daughter played and rode bikes with Xavior every day.

"There was a huge fight about 8 p.m between Xavior and his mom, and they were shouting back and forth," he said. "Couldn't really tell what it was about, but it was really heated and it went on about 20 minutes."

By the morning of May 27, no one from the trailer park reported seeing Xavior. Officially, law enforcement says the boy was in fact seen May 27, although no details have been provided about who saw him.

Some of the first calls Xavior's mom made to friends acknowledged that she didn't see him Thursday morning, according to the accounts of those friends.

[SR] was one of those friends who received a call from Xavior's mom Thursday afternoon, reporting that her son was gone.

[SR] says the mother -- whose name has not been made public in relation to the search -- refused to report her son's disappearance to police. So [SR] did so herself Thursday night.

Interesting that LE won't reveal who, when and where Xavior was "officially" seen on May 27th. Maybe it was from surveillance video? I would think it would provide some clues to a possible location or at least time-frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasmineD