Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some of you that have been following cases for a long time, have you seen another one where the parent/parents are completely silent? This is what really strikes me as odd in this case and bothers me to be completely honest! Of course everyone deals with things in their own way but as a mother I cannot imagine not pleading for his safe return to anyone that would listen.

For some of you that have been following cases for a long time, have you seen another one where the parent/parents are completely silent? This is what really strikes me as odd in this case and bothers me to be completely honest! Of course everyone deals with things in their own way but as a mother I cannot imagine not pleading for his safe return to anyone that would listen.

I have. As in "right to remain silent."

In the Ryan Larsen case right now the family is staying silent. That one doesn't seem sketchy though... this one has red flags waving red flags.

From the article:
Neighbors recall night before Xavior Harrelson's disappearance
<...Snipped for Focus...>
[SR] says the mother -- whose name has not been made public in relation to the search -- refused to report her son's disappearance to police. So [SR] did so herself Thursday night.
Thank you for posting the recap in text. Now I cannot find the video that includes the interview with neighbor [SR] which I found very compelling.

In early reports XH was last seen at 11:30AM on Thurs May 27. Then the story changed as some of the people the mother called related that she admitted to them that she had not actually seen XH that morning at all. The mother is quite capable of calling neighbors and explaining, so the media and neighbor [SR] are correct to report that the mother refused to call police.

I believe by the time neighbor [SR] called 911, it had been about 24 hours since anyone other than the mother had seen or heard XH, since the yelling fight at 8PM on May 26? All JMO

Orson and Orrin West.

Respectfully, I just want to point out that rural Iowans who happen to be living in a trailer park might be wary of speaking to the media. I’m in Iowa (not rural) but I can imagine the elitism coming from some people, if you catch my drift.

Respectfully, I just want to point out that rural Iowans who happen to be living in a trailer park might be wary of speaking to the media. I’m in Iowa (not rural) but I can imagine the elitism coming from some people, if you catch my drift.

Didn't really think of it that way, but I understand what you are saying. Personally I would just not care what anyone thought about anything at that point, I would be pleading with anyone and everyone to look for my baby (child), etc.

Didn't really think of it that way, but I understand what you are saying. Personally I would just not care what anyone thought about anything at that point, I would be pleading with anyone and everyone to look for my baby (child), etc.
Oh for sure, same here! The way society can treat disabled, poor, etc etc people can be quite … yikes… not to derail the convo. Just thought I’d provide a touch of insight. :)

Bothers me too. The silence as in if I speak I may say something incriminating. MOO

I don't think staying private during the nightmare of your child going missing is a red flag by itself.
If you don't plead on camera, you're judged.
If you do plead on camera, it will forever be online, people will post opinion videos analyzing your interview, and it won't be kind.

I think this is a valid point, even more so since many people in that part of the country are often reserved and private anyway culturally. (Yes, I know not everyone.)

Not sure that is happening here, but it is something to keep in mind.

jmo

I don't think staying private during the nightmare of your child going missing is a red flag by itself.
If you do plead on camera, it will forever be online, people will post opinion videos analyzing your interview, and it won't be kind.
That's a valid point.
Darned if you do and darned if you don't.
Sad.

Thankfully I've never been in this situation --- but if I was, I'd be begging to anyone who would listen and esp. to those who could further get the word out via online, or TV news reporters.
Begging.
Judge if they want... I'd be pleading for my baby to be returned safely and wouldn't care about anything else.

Speculation : It's entirely possible that the mom has been forthcoming to LE ; and they have been keeping her interview close to the vest, so to speak.
IF LE have someone in mind they're interested in they won't want to tip them off !
I do hope LE have some leads by now.
Imo.

Staying private AND not wanting to call the police AND a history of loud arguments (not the occasional argument with a child) is a red flag to me, even considering personal and cultural differences. The last thing I'd be worried about is some stranger's opinion of me on camera. Ok I'm done.. MOO

Staying private AND not wanting to call the police AND a history of loud arguments (not the occasional argument with a child) is a red flag to me, even considering personal and cultural differences. The last thing I'd be worried about is some stranger's opinion of me on camera. Ok I'm done.. MOO
We don't know what happened yet. Unless I missed something, all we know is that the boy is missing. We will eventually learn more, but for now, I'm keeping many ideas on the table. I don't know enough to form one line of thinking at this point.

jmopinion with info we have now

KCRG ABC
Friends describe relationship between Xavior Harrelson and his mother as search for missing boy continues
Friends describe relationship between Xavior Harrelson and his mother as search for missing boy continues
Thanks for the link.

"Weekly screaming matches", sounds like a relationship that was in turmoil. :(

I'm less inclined to speculate a RSO kidnapped or lured Xavior from his house ?
More like he ran away and unintentionally met with trouble, or something else entirely ?
Imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member