Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM - these reporters are driving me crazy! Which is it?? Did the roommate rush home or leave for work after the call from TB and not return til later??

Rushing home certainly makes more sense -- just as SO being killed in the apartment rather than killed elsewhere and moved there makes more sense, but if the media would just release the documents it would help!

Other version:
On Thursday, charging documents revealed that Balboa’s roommate told investigators that he was called by Balboa on May 10 and was told that Samuel was dead, according to court records. The roommate said he left for work and later returned to the residence and found Samuel laying on the bed unresponsive, according to court documents. He said he noticed bruising on the child’s body, according to court documents.
Chilling details: New court docs reveal 6-year-old Samuel Olson was dead 2 weeks before being reported missing

I think they're all saying the same thing but the wording makes it unclear.

And with cell phones, he could have been anywhere when she called him. He could have been out to breakfast or at a friend's house, when she called. So he 'left for work' from wherever he was at the time?
I agree....though I get the feeling the news about Samuel didn't come as a complete surprise to him. Just a hunch. And that's why he helped with the whole tub and tote routine - it wasn't completely unexpected. That's what it looks like anyway. Because otherwise, why would he help her?
:(

jmo

I am from southeast Texas. Jasper is in east Texas and very close to the Louisiana border. Maybe 30 minutes.

I wonder if Balboa was going to rent a truck and take the tote with Samuel's body in it to a swamp in Louisiana. At night, dump it in and let the alligators eat the body.

Also, Jasper County, where Balboa was arrested is considered, per Texas Parks and Wildlife, a core county for alligators. Maybe she planned to dump the body in a body of water/swamp in Jasper County for the alligators to eat.

She had ample time to research and might have had an area, in mind, in Jasper as to where she was going to dispose of the body.

She certainly could have not stayed too long, with the body, at the Best Western Motel. She obviously had a plan.

The above is JMO .. . . just my opinion!

This is a list of the core alligator counties in Texas:

Core Counties
In listed counties (core counties), and on properties in other counties for which TPWD has issued CITES tags to the landowner, the open season for alligators is Sept. 10-30. Core counties are those counties constituting the prime historical habitat for the American alligator in Texas, where commercial hunting is viable and the department engages in significant biological monitoring of the resource and manages harvest through tag issuance to landowners.

• Angelina
  • Brazoria
  • Calhoun
  • Chambers
  • Galveston
  • Hardin
  • Jackson
  • Jasper (bolded by me)
  • Jefferson
  • Liberty
  • Matagorda
  • Nacogdoches
  • Newton
  • Orange
  • Polk
  • Refugio
  • Sabine
  • San Augustine
  • San Jacinto
  • Trinity
  • Tyler
  • Victoria
Source for the above:

Texas Parks & Wildlife -- Alligators

Alligator — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

I think maybe it was her interaction with Tim. He confronted her, but not physically. But he called her out on her BullKrap, called her a liar, and said he wasn't buying her story.

She was with DO at the time, so that must have been very awkward , to say the least. And DO said she left and he didn't see her after that, IIRC.

I think Tim put her in a panic because it became obvious to her that her story was imploding. Time to grab the dead body and run.
I think this is what happened as well. She was going about her business thinking everyone was believing her Super Mommy (gag) stories but after Tim confronted her she knew the gig was up.

Chilling details: New court docs reveal 6-year-old Samuel Olson was dead 2 weeks before being reported missing

Surveillance video showed a man and Balboa taking the tote bag from a truck into the hotel, according to court docs. The man who assisted Balboa said she called him for help on May 31 after being involved in an altercation, according to court documents. The man then stated that he was the one who tipped off Crime Stoppers after helping Balboa removed the container from the storage unit to the motel room on June 1, according to court documents.

Do we know who the altercation was with?

Surveillance video showed a man and Balboa taking the tote bag from a truck into the hotel, according to court docs. The man who assisted Balboa said she called him for help on May 31 after being involved in an altercation, according to court documents. The man then stated that he was the one who tipped off Crime Stoppers after helping Balboa removed the container from the storage unit to the motel room on June 1, according to court documents.

JMO: Like someone else posted upthread, I believe that TB made up the altercation as a ruse to get the tipster to come to her rescue and drive her away.

That's a good question. I think we'll find out at some point. I was speculating that it might have been Tim Miller's confrontation of her. Others speculate that she made the altercation up to get her roommate (or whomever it is) to help her move the body.

I am from southeast Texas. Jasper is in east Texas and very close to the Louisiana border. Maybe 30 minutes.

I wonder if Balboa was going to rent a truck and take the tote with Samuel's body in it to a swamp in Louisiana. At night, dump it in and let the alligators eat the body.

Also, Jasper County, where Balboa was arrested is considered, per Texas Parks and Wildlife, a core county for alligators. Maybe she planned to dump the body in a body of water/swamp in Jasper County for the alligators to eat.

She had ample time to research and might have had an area, in mind, in Jasper as to where she was going to dispose of the body.

She certainly could have not stayed too long, with the body, at the Best Western Motel. She obviously had a plan.

The above is JMO .. . . just my opinion!

This is a list of the core alligator counties in Texas:

Core Counties
In listed counties (core counties), and on properties in other counties for which TPWD has issued CITES tags to the landowner, the open season for alligators is Sept. 10-30. Core counties are those counties constituting the prime historical habitat for the American alligator in Texas, where commercial hunting is viable and the department engages in significant biological monitoring of the resource and manages harvest through tag issuance to landowners.

• Angelina
  • Brazoria
  • Calhoun
  • Chambers
  • Galveston
  • Hardin
  • Jackson
  • Jasper (bolded by me)
  • Jefferson
  • Liberty
  • Matagorda
  • Nacogdoches
  • Newton
  • Orange
  • Polk
  • Refugio
  • Sabine
  • San Augustine
  • San Jacinto
  • Trinity
  • Tyler
  • Victoria
Source for the above:

Texas Parks & Wildlife -- Alligators

Alligator — Texas Parks & Wildlife Department

I don't think she had a plan at all. She had weeks to do something but she waited until LE got involved to start trying to cover everything up.

Like...i'm glad she wasn't a smart criminal but did she really think that holding onto a body for weeks would work??

I can not wrap my head around this...why didn’t TB just give Sam back to Sam’s mom? I don’t understand it. Everything could have been resolved so easily. MOO
We know TB assaulted DO before so it follows she's capable of violent behavior. I've heard nothing that convinces me the accused would think a child sacred, to be protected from harm. It's possible she took out her anger out on DO (and maybe his mom) on poor Samuel. MOO

Bringing this over from the last thread. What are your thoughts on this? It sounds as though someone confronted her. Do you think she's referring to her encounter with Tim M? Altercation sounds physical though which I'm sure Tim would NEVER be!

The man who assisted Balboa said she called him for help on May 31 after being involved in an altercation, according to court documents.

Just logging in and seeing the new news :( Immediately thought of sweet baby Chance Walsh.

As for the altercation, maybe it means someone lost their cool and belted her one?
I mean, I know many want to, so maybe someone did?

jmo

Just logging in and seeing the new news :( Immediately thought of sweet baby Chance Walsh.

As for the altercation, maybe it means someone lost their cool and belted her one?
I mean, I know many want to, so maybe someone did?

jmo
I'll admit, I was looking for bruises when the mugshots were posted.
Edited to add: I wasn't hoping to see injuries, I just suspected someone may have had enough with her stories and lies.

Last edited by a moderator:
While there’s obviously different circumstances, I can’t help but feel similar sorrow that I felt for Gannon. I can’t imagine dying at the hands of an adult you trusted and family left you with. So sad.

MOO

I don't think she had a plan at all. She had weeks to do something but she waited until LE got involved to start trying to cover everything up.

Like...i'm glad she wasn't a smart criminal but did she really think that holding onto a body for weeks would work??
She's not too bright (understatement). I'm thinking she didn't realize Samuel's birthday was coming up until grandma wanted to make plans. And then, the "fake cop" showed up.

If the ruse kept going, I think she would've slipped out of town, not that that plan would've worked either.

jmo

Sounds like the two individuals may be one in the same based on this wording:

A couple of days later, the roommate told officials he bought some duct tape and a plastic tote bag at an area Wal-Mart, where they later placed Samuel’s body. Police paperwork claims the two took Samuel’s body (now in the tote bag) at a storage unit near their home.

Balboa was immediately found in the bathroom and officials asked where Samuel’s body was. Court records reveal Balboa said, "inside the box.”

According to the probable cause document, the boy’s father said Balboa had been taking care of Olson since April 30.

Affidavit reveals 6-year-old Samuel Olson’s decomposed body was carried around for weeks

If DO is using the argument that he was kept apart from SO because of possible Covid risk to family members, he still could have talked to his son on the phone. Little SO was dead for weeks, and nobody attempted even phone contact with the little guy?

I don’t get people. I don’t get parents who are perfectly happy to let someone else be responsible for their children. I don’t care what the reason. COVID schmovid. Give me a break. ESPECIALLY if TB had been abusive to DO!! For crying out loud.

Protect YOUR children. How does any parent explain not seeing THEIR CHILD for days, weeks, when in the same community? Disgusting.

This article reports it's 2 different "friends" who helped her. I'm not sure the second one helped, but he/she reported her location.

The roommate said he returned home and saw Samuel’s bruised body lying on a bed. He said he and Balboa placed the body in a bathtub for a couple of days.
He admitted he bought duct tape and at plastic tote at Walmart on May 13, according to police. The roommate told detectives he and Balboa wrapped the child’s body in plastic sheet and put it in the tote. He said they took it to a storage unit at 16650 Highway 3 in Webster.

On June 1, another friend called Crime Stoppers and told them they could find Balboa and Samuel in room 106 at a Best Western Motel in Jasper.

Witness says Samuel Olson died more than 2 weeks before his body was found, court records show | khou.com

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like the first excerpt below is how Balboa’s mother’s residence came into the story.

Excerpts:
Detectives interviewed Balboa’s roommate and learned that he came home that Thursday and saw Balboa and her mother sleeping, but she left and arrived at a separate home where Balboa reported Sam taken.

The man who purchased the room for Balboa at the Best Western was the person who called Crime Stoppers, police said.

Balboa called him on May 31, asking for help after she got in an altercation, he told police. They met at a Wal Mart parking lot in Cleveland, and he drove her to the Webster storage unit, he said.

Surveillance footage shows a man and woman going into the room, after which the man got a tote from a truck and dragged it inside. He then called Crime Stoppers.

Samuel Olson could have died weeks before police discovered his body, documents reveal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv