TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused on the connection between the grandfather who was assaulted and MS?

How did MS know about this incident?

And why would she tell the grandfather not to press charges, why would that benefit her? Why would she do that for DB?
Out of the goodness of her heart?
What protect him and not the twins?
When he has been terrorizing the entire neighborhood?

And why would the grandfather listen to what she said instead of DB’s parents?

I’m confused on the connection between the grandfather who was assaulted and MS?

And why would she tell the grandfather not to press charges, why would that benefit her? Why would she do that for DB?

What i got from the community meeting was that the police came and took him to a mental health facility. I might not pres charges either, if I thought it was a mental health issue that was being taken care of. Unless something continued or happened again! It could be that the grandpa just had a soft heart, thinking he was struggling with mental health.

The twins weren't living with her at the time the incident with the grandpa two doors down happened. Later, when they WERE living with her, she supposedly got mad at her kids for allowing DB in, and made sure DB knew he was not welcome.

I know everyone is not inclined to think kindly about MS, but maybe she's telling the truth and her house was kind of a place where troubled youth would hang out and feel safe. She seemingly took in Cash and Carter whose dad was on hard times (self-inflicted or not), right? She may have a history and be imperfect, but it's actually possible she was trying to help in all these instances.

He’s on camera for 3 seconds in the bedroom <modsnip>
No he wasn’t on camera for 3 seconds, he was on camera for almost 3 MINUTES. That’s how long it took for him to grab a child and kidnap him. He then comes back later and doesn’t stay there for 3 seconds either, he doesn’t stay for long but it’s not “3 seconds”.

He’s on camera kidnapping a child, that’s a fact, period. He’s charged with it, that’s a fact, period. I seriously can’t understand why some people seem to be defending DB while he is literally on camera kidnapping a child. Make it make sense.

If you were to tell me “oh, but we don’t know if it was DB who murdered him”. Okay, sure, I can agree with that. We don’t have proof he did, but wouldn’t it make sense if he did kill Cash? But that’s not my point here. My point is: it IS him on camera, it IS him kidnapping Cash, there’s no going around it.

I guessed right! Saw you found the article so guessed it was likely Fox news and it was! They (and DM and a handful of others) tend to stray from the truth a bit. Not saying it's on purpose but definitely could just be mixing up their facts. Since it's Fox, and no one else is reporting this, I'm chalking it up to not being true. Not until I see one of the more respected MSMs reporting on it, then I'll change my tune. :)

This article looks to be from a LOCAL Dallas News Station, WFAA ABC News:
New charges for suspect in Cash Gernon case for separate incident | wfaa.com

The new charges of burglary and injury to the elderly for Brown are from a previous incident that happened in February, the Dallas Police Department said.

According to the Dallas police report, officers responded to a home off Florina Parkway on Feb. 8 after getting reports that Darriynn Brown, 18, had entered a home without permission because he was "looking for his unknown girlfriend."

The report said after Brown couldn't find her, he tried to to take the homeowner's infant granddaughter "until she was returned." The homeowner was hit in the forehead while defending his granddaughter, and soon after, Brown left the home, the report said.

The victim in the February incident told WFAA that minutes after Brown broke in, the woman who was caring for Gernon at the time came down the street and said that the suspect was having a mental episode and needed an evaluation.

The relationship between the woman caring for Gernon and Brown is still not known, though the victim in the February case said she told him that her home often serves as a “safe place” for troubled youth.

In this^^^^ local News article, they quote a Police Report from Dallas PD. I cannot see a local news station falsely quoting a Police Report, using quotes around it, if it was not true.

I honestly can't understand why you seem to be pushing this narrative into everyone. <modsnip>
I'm not trying to push a narrative, I rather just not pass guilt, till I see all the evidence of this horrible crime. I've been a counselor and investigator for a major Drug rehab in my state. So I know not to take everything for fact, unless it's proven or debunked. I far as I know that only evidence the police have are sworn affidavits from MS and KM that aced DB in that video. Unless someone has seen other evidence, please share with me. I deal with facts, I look at the videos, and after observation, the narrative that's been fed doesn't add up. Who fed us all this narrative? So my thoughts are not to pass guilt and I have my opinion. Until I see actual evidence that's DB on those videos. I'm not going to say that's definitely him, or it's definitely not him. Sorry

No he wasn’t on camera for 3 seconds, he was on camera for almost 3 MINUTES. That’s how long it took for him to grab a child and kidnap him. He then comes back later and doesn’t stay there for 3 seconds either, he doesn’t stay for long but it’s not “3 seconds”.

He’s on camera kidnapping a child, that’s a fact, period. He’s charged with it, that’s a fact, period. I seriously can’t understand why some people seem to be defending DB while he is literally on camera kidnapping a child. Make it make sense.

If you were to tell me “oh, but we don’t know if it was DB who murdered him”. Okay, sure, I can agree with that. We don’t have proof he did, but wouldn’t it make sense if he did kill Cash? But that’s not my point here. My point is: it IS him on camera, it IS him kidnapping Cash, there’s no going around it.

I'm with you. Although I understand why a seemingly statistically significant, or at least vocal, population of our forums wants to imagine a string-puller behind the scenes of DB.

First, none of this makes sense. None of us civilized folk can discern a viable motive from this crime. Even if he's a neighborhood menace, even if he's on video removing the kid from the toddler bed, a violent murder doesn't make sense.

Second, none of us have any reason to believe he has committed a violent murder before, so why now? And why this child? And why did he seem to hesitate and not end up taking the second twin.

Third, he didn't SEEM in the first video like someone who was about to commit a violent murder. And he didn't SEEM in the second video like someone who had just committed a violent murder. The facts we currently know of, as they've been presented, don't make sense to us.

Fourth, MS seems to have been less than candid. To us, from our third-hand vantage point, who get what trickles out through the media and police reports, we're getting bits and pieces of info that from an investigative standpoint, we feel we should have had on day 0. And from our experience here, when a person involved in an incident is less than candid, well, we start to wonder if we have a full clear picture of that person's involvement. Of course, we won't know until we know, but at this point, I'm of the tentative opinion that MS is the type to take in strays, both grown and adult, possibly against her own better judgement, and this time it bit her, and she maybe regrets some of her choices and knows there were bad decisions made.

Bottom line, I feel that people wanting a string-puller to exist just aren't used to getting such a hard look at someone who's not firing on all cylinders, and are trying to make sense of it in the sense of traditional crime. When serious mental health issues exist, it's hard to work within the traditional models, because none of us will ever be inside DB's head.

I feel he's responsible. I also feel he's been spiraling for a while and should have been looked at more closely before it got this far. I am very curious about the "girlfriend" he was looking for in the prior incident, whether that was completely in his mind, a real person or some distortion in between. I'm also curious about how much enabling was done by MS, not so much to assign blame as to just understand the bigger picture. She seems ill-equipped to deal with someone with his problems. I find it difficult to believe that NOBODY knew how far he had strayed down the rabbit hole of mental illness, especially since he had had at least some treatment.

With the mental health system in the US, a lot of times it TAKES an event like this for real action to be taken. It's sad, but true. Frequently long before an event like this happens, those around the subject are walking on eggshells knowing something's going to blow, completely unable to do anything about it until the violent episode happens, just praying it's not against them or their loved ones.

I know we don't usually do YouTube videos, but SillyBilly approved me posting this. I think its important. It is the full community meeting that was held by the council member with a grief counselor, police, etc.

The real info starts around 30 minutes. You will see how many people had been reporting Darriynn. Calling over and over. One was from the exact night prior to Cash being killed. These neighbors were terrified of Darriynn. Also around the 1 hour mark, the details are given in a quick run down. Yes, it's long, but it's really worth watching, before commenting that they don't have proof it was him.

Additionally, the man whose granddaughter was grabbed is also there and speaks.

If this was the first incident and only a video, there might be some room for speculation. But multiple people, including the police, have said it is him. Not a single community member saying he was ever controlled by someone else. Although one woman does say her child was beat up by darriynn and his brother 2 years ago. So the only other person he had been associated with in crimes was his brother a couple of years ago.

Very insightful. Worth watching. Thanks for posting.

I'm not trying to push a narrative, I rather just not pass guilt, till I see all the evidence of this horrible crime. I've been a counselor and investigator for a major Drug rehab in my state. So I know not to take everything for fact, unless it's proven or debunked. I far as I know that only evidence the police have are sworn affidavits from MS and KM that aced DB in that video. Unless someone has seen other evidence, please share with me. I deal with facts, I look at the videos, and after observation, the narrative that's been fed doesn't add up. Who fed us all this narrative? So my thoughts are not to pass guilt and I have my opinion. Until I see actual evidence that's DB on those videos. I'm not going to say that's definitely him, or it's definitely not him. Sorry
LE gathers evidence that can be used to arrest and then convict the culprit. There is more to it than a public poll on whether the person in the video is DB or not.

As it stands now, DB has been charged with kidnapping. So whether any particular person in the public thinks DB is on the video or not, LE has evidence enough to press kidnapping charges. DB is behind bars on kidnapping charges.

jmo

Just my two cents worth on the whole "narrative pushing", and I mean this with all due respect.

The US justice system is based on "innocent until proven guilty", and -if you have followed cases or the way these matters are investigated in other countries- that is a very good thing.

The burden of production, the burden of persuasion, the burden of proof, beyond a reasonable doubt, evidence...all these things are a lot more complex than "that's her/him/them/it!" Open-and-shut assumptions can lead to mistrials and costly LE mistakes that then translate to wrongful convictions, etc.

It's very easy to draw solid, concrete, unmoveable conclusions from what we've seen so far, but if WE were the ones in the position of being a parent, caregiver, victim, accused, we'd hope for a little more room allowing prosecutors, law enforcement, defense attorneys to do their job.

Again, not saying DB didn't do it, or that the evidence seems to point elsewhere, but would we want, personally, for anyone we love to be judged based on a video? We can all become victims, but we can also all become suspects if the circumstances seem to implicate us.

That's all. Just my opinion. Apologies if anyone feels directly insulted by this comment.

. I far as I know that only evidence the police have are sworn affidavits from MS and KM that aced DB in that video. Unless someone has seen other evidence, please share with me. I deal with facts, I look at the videos, and after observation, the narrative that's been fed doesn't add up. Who fed us all this narrative? So my thoughts are not to pass guilt and I have my opinion. Until I see actual evidence that's DB on those videos. I'm not going to say that's definitely him, or it's definitely not him.

What is your opinion of the local people, DB's neighbors, who know him and have had interactions with him, all recognizing him on the video? You may not have watched the video of the community meeting, so I'll give the gist. The people who actually live there and actually know him, have spoken to him, recognize him on the video. They are worried about crime in the neighborhood and police response. Many of them said DB in particular, and once with his brother, has been a source of neighborhood terror. They describe incidents in which DB threatened or attacked them, and their fears for their children.

So, this is more than MS and KM stating that it is DB in the video. The police have also had interactions with DB prior to Cash. They all recognize him as the person taking Cash.

Whether he killed Cash (as I believe) or not, what IS shown on the video IS identified by people in his orbit as DB. Multiple people, people who KNOW him. NOT just a narrative spun by MS and KM. I know I'm repeating myself.

LE gathers evidence that can be used to arrest and then convict the culprit. There is more to it than a public poll on whether the person in the video is DB or not.

As it stands now, DB has been charged with kidnapping. So whether any particular person in the public thinks DB is on the video or not, LE has evidence enough to press kidnapping charges. DB is behind bars on kidnapping charges.

jmo
What evidence did LE come to the assessment that he should be charged with burglary and kidnapping. As far as I know is they based ot on the sworn affidavits of the two individuals that said he was the person in that video. Otherwise I have not seen any other evidence that says it's DB. Sure everyone can assume that they have evidence, bit as far as I know they said they relied on the affidavits to arrest this particular individual. Now for some reason, LE has been real quiet about this case, usually in a high profile cases as this, they let the public know the evidence they gathered. Just my opinion.

<snip>Sure everyone can assume that they have evidence, bit as far as I know they said they relied on the affidavits to arrest this particular individual. Now for some reason, LE has been real quiet about this case, usually in a high profile cases as this, they let the public know the evidence they gathered. Just my opinion.

In my experience following a lot of these cases, LE is often very close-mouthed about the evidence they're gathering. People on forums such as this one will speculate endlessly about whodunit and what evidence there might or might not be, and condemning the police for not making any progress on the case. And then suddenly months later police make an arrest, backed up by tons of evidence that no one had any idea even existed. What's reported in the media is often just a tiny sliver of the total evidence introduced at trial.

I've seen it happen many times. I don't know that's what's happening in this case, but I believe the police are busy behind the scenes gathering evidence and taking statements and getting their ducks in a row.

What evidence did LE come to the assessment that he should be charged with burglary and kidnapping. As far as I know is they based ot on the sworn affidavits of the two individuals that said he was the person in that video. Otherwise I have not seen any other evidence that says it's DB. Sure everyone can assume that they have evidence, bit as far as I know they said they relied on the affidavits to arrest this particular individual. Now for some reason, LE has been real quiet about this case, usually in a high profile cases as this, they let the public know the evidence they gathered. Just my opinion.
So the suggestion is LE on the ground at the scene is incompetent and corrupt but outsiders in the general public are better at the investigation, based on what they see on the internet.

Okay, got it. (I don't agree, but at least I know see what the attitude is.)

jmo

Last edited:
I know we don't usually do YouTube videos, but SillyBilly approved me posting this. I think its important. It is the full community meeting that was held by the council member with a grief counselor, police, etc.

The real info starts around 30 minutes. You will see how many people had been reporting Darriynn. Calling over and over. One was from the exact night prior to Cash being killed. These neighbors were terrified of Darriynn. Also around the 1 hour mark, the details are given in a quick run down. Yes, it's long, but it's really worth watching, before commenting that they don't have proof it was him.

Additionally, the man whose granddaughter was grabbed is also there and speaks.

If this was the first incident and only a video, there might be some room for speculation. But multiple people, including the police, have said it is him. Not a single community member saying he was ever controlled by someone else. Although one woman does say her child was beat up by darriynn and his brother 2 years ago. So the only other person he had been associated with in crimes was his brother a couple of years ago.

thank you for this link and thanks to @Sillybilly for allowing. I had not seen anything but snippets shown during newscasts. I appreciate the opportunity to hear the entire meeting.

Many folks around there have cameras and have turned over their videos to LE. Its certainly reasonable to believe LE has seen this evidence. So actually many folks have identified DB.
It is what it is.

Don't think I implied that LE was corrupt. Just based what is released. "Based on the identification of the homeowners we where able to make a arrest ". I based that on the what I said. LE never stated otherwise.

The quote is from right after the arrest. Before we knew much else about DB, his other interactions and behaviors described by the neighbors he was troubling and frightening. "Based on the identification of the homeowners we where able to make a arrest" They were able to locate their (at that time) unidentified suspect based on info from the homeowner. But here's the thing. They saw the video. A name was provided. That name led them to DB. So I am confused. Do you think they just took the homeowner's word for it? Without using their own training and investigation skills?

I think they found the young man identified by said homeowner and then with their own trained eyes, discerned that DB was indeed the person they personally witnessed in that video as the person who removed Cash Gernon from his bed, and later returned to stand above Carter as he slept. I guess I am just not following your train of thought that seems to suggest you think the only thing leading LE to DB is the word of one citizen and not their investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member