Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so little to go on in this missing child case. My hopes he’ll be located safe and sound are dwindling.

Just as an aside, yelling matches as frequently as mom and son had, according to what the neighbor said they heard, is not a sign of a loving relationship IMO. Especially if a boy his age was the caretaker for his Mom. That is a big responsibility for a child his age. Jmo

Authorities re-evaluating search for missing 11-year-old from Montezuma

Xavior was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday in Montezuma, wearing a red T-shirt, blue pajama pants and black high-top shoes, according to the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office. He has brown hair and blue eyes, is about 4-foot-8 and weighs 100 pounds.

Mitch Mortvedt, assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said Xavior left his home in the Spruce Village Mobile Home Park and has not been seen since. The boy’s mother thought Xavior had gone out to play with friends, he said.

The mobile home park is less than a mile from Diamond Lake County Park, which features more than 660 acres of wooded land, a 90-acre lake and roughly 120 campsites.

Since the boy’s disappearance, Mortvedt said authorities have deployed people, dogs, horses, all-terrain vehicles, drones, aircraft, heat sensors and divers.

Now, Mortvedt said, authorities are working on developing new leads.

“All we really know for sure right now is that Xavior was reported missing on Thursday and we know what he was possibly wearing when he left the house,” Mortvedt said. “Other than that, we don’t know anything for sure.”

It’s not clear whether Xavior wandered off and got lost after he left his house, ran away or was taken, Mortvedt added.
_________

Camping permitted year-round -- no reservations required.

Diamond Lake Park - Poweshiek Conservation

(snipped)

That's assuming no one else was around that night. LE has said that only he and his mother lived there, but I don't think they've mentioned whether or not that night there were any... guests. This is by far the likeliest scenario, IMO.
Actually, per this article, the DCI did say there were no guests.

Friends describe relationship between Xavior Harrelson and his mother as search for missing boy continues (kcrg.com)
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said only Sarah and Xavior lived inside the trailer and there were no guests when he disappeared.

Foul play not ruled out in disappearance of Xavior Harrelson

Mitch Mortvedt is the Assistant Director with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

“At the end of last week, there's kind of a cold snap. And when it gets down into the 30s, of course, then you're thinking hypothermia with the report that we have what he was last seen wearing a T-shirt, pajama bottoms and tennis shoes, that was a concern of ours. But as the days go on, it's increasingly more suspicious and more concerning,” Mortvedt said.

[..]

“To be right back here, you know, working out of the sheriff's office and in the same communities as we were three, almost three years ago when Molly disappeared, it's frightening,” Mortvedt said.

Foul play has not been ruled out. Investigators say the family is cooperating but have not spoken to the media.

Well, in light of this comment from LE I'm going to bow out of this conversation for a bit while I sit on my hands.

It will be interesting to see what direction LE moves in once they reevaluate the situation.

MOO

Actually, per this article, the DCI did say there were no guests.

Friends describe relationship between Xavior Harrelson and his mother as search for missing boy continues (kcrg.com)
The Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation said only Sarah and Xavior lived inside the trailer and there were no guests when he disappeared.
No guests based on what source? Mom saying it? No guests when he disappeared but when exactly was that? What about during the middle of the night? Any guests then? MOO

Was it mentioned how they cleared the 90 acre lake? I've seen small lakes drained, divers & sonar used. Just wondering what they did besides divers It's been posted K9's searched but any cadaver dogs? Sad but needs answered. Hopefully tomorrow has answers.

No guests based on what source? Mom saying it? No guests when he disappeared but when exactly was that? What about during the middle of the night? Any guests then? MOO
I can only guess that the information was corroborated by neighbors. ie: Nobody saw a vehicle there, nobody saw anyone go in or out, nobody heard anyone but Mom and Xavior, etc. MOO

I sure hope LE has more to go on than what we're seeing in MSM. Prayers for Xavior.
I'm also praying for his Mom, Dad, brother, extended family, friends and neighbors. I pray every day for someone to find their child. May God bless all the families and their missing loved ones across the globe.

I'm jealous. All of my tweens and teens do is argue with me. If i said the sky was blue, they would debate that it was orange. 11 is usually the beginning of the teen angst and drama period in a kids life. My son in particular was insanely hormonal at that age.
I totally understand. My tweens liked to have endless discussions about why we were wrong and they were right about most of the things we told them. :rolleyes:

But even though we had lots of 'arguments'---our neighbours never heard YELLING every night.

Maybe a few door slams here and there---but never long loud fights that could be heard next door. I think that is a red flag. Especially when it was just Mom and her 11 yr old.

Most of our arguments involved my kids fighting with each other and then hubby and/or I trying to get them to stop arguing.

I can only guess that the information was corroborated by neighbors. ie: Nobody saw a vehicle there, nobody saw anyone go in or out, nobody heard anyone but Mom and Xavior, etc. MOO
Honest question here as I've been following this case but haven't been taking notes so far: has it been stated by LE yet exactly when, where, & by who/whom X was last seen?

I sure hope LE has more to go on than what we're seeing in MSM. Prayers for Xavior.
I'm also praying for his Mom, Dad, brother, extended family, friends and neighbors. I pray every day for someone to find their child. May God bless all the families and their missing loved ones across the globe.
Everything from the lack of info in the media to the tip line to the "foul play not ruled out" statement gives me the impression that LE is grasping at straws and has little to go on. I am increasingly wondering if this will be another misadventure case, similar to Harley Dilly's case.

Authorities re-evaluating search for missing 11-year-old from Montezuma

Xavior was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday in Montezuma, wearing a red T-shirt, blue pajama pants and black high-top shoes, according to the Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office. He has brown hair and blue eyes, is about 4-foot-8 and weighs 100 pounds.

Mitch Mortvedt, assistant director of the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said Xavior left his home in the Spruce Village Mobile Home Park and has not been seen since. The boy’s mother thought Xavior had gone out to play with friends, he said.

The mobile home park is less than a mile from Diamond Lake County Park, which features more than 660 acres of wooded land, a 90-acre lake and roughly 120 campsites.

Since the boy’s disappearance, Mortvedt said authorities have deployed people, dogs, horses, all-terrain vehicles, drones, aircraft, heat sensors and divers.

Now, Mortvedt said, authorities are working on developing new leads.

“All we really know for sure right now is that Xavior was reported missing on Thursday and we know what he was possibly wearing when he left the house,” Mortvedt said. “Other than that, we don’t know anything for sure.”

It’s not clear whether Xavior wandered off and got lost after he left his house, ran away or was taken, Mortvedt added.
_________

Camping permitted year-round -- no reservations required.

Diamond Lake Park - Poweshiek Conservation

WHY would an 11 yr old go play with friends while still in pajama pants. My son would never have gone out to see friends in pj's...seems odd.

Honest question here as I've been following this case but haven't been taking notes so far: has it been stated by LE yet exactly when, where, & by who/whom X was last seen?
When and where, yes. By whom, no. MOO

MAY 27, 2021
Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office | Facebook
The Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office has taken a missing juvenile report from Montezuma. 10 year old Xavior Harrelson was last seen 5-27-21 at 11am in Montezuma. Wearing red T-shirt, blue pajama pants and black high top shoes. Xavior is approximately 4'8" tall and 100 .lbs. He has brown hair and blue eyes. If anyone knows his whereabouts or has seen him contact the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office 641-623-5679

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon