Found Deceased IA - Xavior Harrelson, 10, Montezuma, 27 May 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds very much like this former FBI agent thinks the solution to finding out what happened to Xavier is very close to home.
Sadly I'd have to agree.
Usually LE starts close to home and works outward. This time it seems like they started outward (or so it appears) and now, perhaps, are looking closer to home. Hard to tell, though, tbh.

jmo

"Xavior Harrelson was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday on his bike near his family's home on the north side of Montezuma, according to the Associated Press."

Missing Montezuma, Iowa, boy, Xavior Harrelson prompts search

Yeah, but the neighbors hadn't seen him at all that morning, so he wasn't seen by one of them. If he was near the family home, who does that leave?

Also, didn't LE later say they didn't actually know if he had his bike? That bike thing bothers me a lot. Not that they're unsure of it, but because they WERE sure of it and then backpedaled so quickly.

Also, so if LE says no one was at the house that night according to whomever... what about in the morning when the mom was refusing to call LE?

Indeed, while many amputees are able to be more physically active than the average American and there are track and field athletes who are amputees etc, with the MSM statement that his mother struggled to use her prosthesis, I believe the average 11 year old could have resolute gotten away from her in a conflict. Not completely ruling anything out, but an incident in the house leading to incapacitation is low on my list.
All would depend on who was in the house. I know I read that it was just he and his Mom, that there were no visitors. I'd say that info could be correct but just as well be incorrect. AJMO

I also think some circumstances led to LE calling off the physical search efforts.

I totally agree. IMO=One of the things that bothers me most is that his "last seen" info released stated
"Xavior Harrelson was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday on his bike near his family's home on the north side of Montezuma, according to the Associated Press." And yet interviews with neighbors that I read and listened to sounded like no one from the trailer park saw Xavior outside playing like they usually did. It's a small trailer park. Kids are out for summer break. At 11AM, and no neighbor saw him riding his bike???? And if I'm not mistaken, we've determined that his bike was at his house???? Again MOO and my brain is tired. I work night shift. Going to sleep now. Prayers for Xavior.
If I were LE I would be looking at people living in the immediate area. I think Xavior went outside upset and someone enticed him into their home.

MOO

"Hundreds of volunteers searched for Xavior over Memorial Day weekend.

[Iowa DCI agent]Mortvedt said investigators are confident that he is not in the area.

“Every moment that goes by it's more and more suspicious and concerning, obviously, but we haven't ruled anything out,” Mortvedt said."

Confident he's not in the area? That's a very bold and broad thing to say while actively looking for a lost child. So is that the same as saying he believes Xavier was snatched?

Every moment it gets more and more suspicious? Odd word choice...concerning I can see but saying it's getting suspicious seems to be a more pointed choice of word. Pointed at whom is still anyone's guess.

Xavior Harrelson missing for 6th day

I totally understand. My tweens liked to have endless discussions about why we were wrong and they were right about most of the things we told them. :rolleyes:

But even though we had lots of 'arguments'---our neighbours never heard YELLING every night.

Maybe a few door slams here and there---but never long loud fights that could be heard next door. I think that is a red flag. Especially when it was just Mom and her 11 yr old.

Most of our arguments involved my kids fighting with each other and then hubby and/or I trying to get them to stop arguing.
Living in mobile homes makes arguments more likely to be heard. They tend to be very close to neighbors and are not as sound proof as conventionally built homes.

I totally agree. IMO=One of the things that bothers me most is that his "last seen" info released stated
"Xavior Harrelson was last seen around 11 a.m. Thursday on his bike near his family's home on the north side of Montezuma, according to the Associated Press." And yet interviews with neighbors that I read and listened to sounded like no one from the trailer park saw Xavior outside playing like they usually did. It's a small trailer park. Kids are out for summer break. At 11AM, and no neighbor saw him riding his bike???? And if I'm not mistaken, we've determined that his bike was at his house???? Again MOO and my brain is tired. I work night shift. Going to sleep now. Prayers for Xavior.
Yes the bike story is confusing. He was seen on a bike but his bikes, 2 of them, were found at home.

JUN 7, 2021
Facebook group, orange ribbons keep hope alive in search for Xavior Harrelson
[...]

JVL, who helped spread awareness of Mollie Tibbetts when she disappeared in Poweshiek County three years ago, created a Facebook group to keep Xavior’s face on people’s minds. The group, Finding Xavior Harrelson, gained nearly 5,000 members in its first day.

[...]

“One day is too long with an 11-year-old missing. Every day is so crucial,” JVL said. “There’s always a sadness that follows it because you want so badly for it to be over. You want to find him, but there’s a hopefulness that people don’t talk about enough.”

[...]

Last edited:
Is it possible someone did see him biking, but he then came back home to drop his bike off and something happened to him? I know it's a small trailer park, but it doesn't mean people are looking out the window 24/7. Something could have happened quickly. This would explain a sighting of him biking but also his bikes being at home. MOO

Yeah, but the neighbors hadn't seen him at all that morning, so he wasn't seen by one of them. If he was near the family home, who does that leave?

Also, didn't LE later say they didn't actually know if he had his bike? That bike thing bothers me a lot. Not that they're unsure of it, but because they WERE sure of it and then backpedaled so quickly.

Also, so if LE says no one was at the house that night according to whomever... what about in the morning when the mom was refusing to call LE?
BBM
  1. A visitor to the mobile home park.
  2. Maintenance person, delivery driver, cable guy...?
  3. Video (how "near" is "near?")
Regarding the bike, it could be that someone initially thought they saw Xavior riding his bike that morning and then realized they had the date wrong, or something along those lines. Either way, both of these statements can be true:

Xavior was last seen riding his bike.
Xavior's bike(s) is/are not missing.

MOO

So we have a just turned 11 year old, who, according to a neighbor, rarely ventured outside the mobile home park.

A just turned 11 year old who knew his Mom needed help with daily activities.

The weather was chilly at night the first couple of days after his disappearance.

It has not been reported that he had water, snacks or other provisions on his person when he left.

A just turned 11 year old, would be afraid to be alone at night or even during the day for any extended amount of time, especially if he is his Mom’s caretaker. That is JMO. But we’ve heard little about what his normal habits were from anyone.

It has not been reported that X had any close friends he may have gone to visit.

Has he gone missing before?

All JMO

Last edited:
"Hundreds of volunteers searched for Xavior over Memorial Day weekend.

[Iowa DCI agent]Mortvedt said investigators are confident that he is not in the area.

“Every moment that goes by it's more and more suspicious and concerning, obviously, but we haven't ruled anything out,” Mortvedt said."

Confident he's not in the area? That's a very bold and broad thing to say while actively looking for a lost child. So is that the same as saying he believes Xavier was snatched?

Every moment it gets more and more suspicious? Odd word choice...concerning I can see but saying it's getting suspicious seems to be a more pointed choice of word. Pointed at whom is still anyone's guess.

Xavior Harrelson missing for 6th day
Maybe "driven away by vehicle" rather than "snatched"? Authorities said they had searched as far as they thought an 11 y/o could go on his own.

The neighbors reported that the argument stopped abruptly. I wonder if anyone throws things when they argue?

The pajama pants aren't by themselves a red flag for me. Like BeckyF mentioned we don't know much about his regular habits. Some kids wear pajama pants outside without thinking twice. Other kids wouldn't be caught dead in them. So I am curious he would regularly wear pajama pants when walking or playing outside.

bbm
Maybe the mom didn't want LE to ask her certain questions that she felt were none of LE's business ?
As in : "Did you and Xavior have an argument, and what was it about ?"
"Was there any physical confrontation at all ?"
"Did Xavior ever have any bruises from anyone ?"
"Did you have any friends who were at odds with Xavior ?"
.... etc.
As far as Xavior's mom, she is a victim at this time and possibly is a timid or shy person, who just doesn't want LE prying into her life and that's understandable.

At this time, LE have stated the mom and other family members/neighbors are cooperating.
So my guess is that he met someone not from the area, sadly.

Another question is whether any security footage of anyone else at their home that night or in the a.m. ?
LE have said there was no one at the home that night or the next morning -- but from whom did they receive this information ?
MOO.

Last edited:
At his age, he should not have had adult responsibilities and such pressure. I am old enough to practically be his grandmother (sigh) and even I sometimes found it difficult to deal with easy tasks and pressures dealing with my mother before she passed away. I can't imagine an 11 year old going through such things. I only hope he maybe ran away to somewhere safe and is taking a break of sorts. But as time goes by, I wonder.
At this point, I think it's impossible to know the extent of his role as a "caretaker" for his mom. If I were trying to raise the alarm that a child has gone missing, I would stress that he was very unlikely to just walk away on a whim.
Communicating that he had a close, caring relationship with his mom is one way to strengthen that narrative and give media a "hook," so to speak.
In cases where the missing is not an attractive, middle-class teen girl, it's always helpful to appeal to the public with details about the character of the missing person.

His role as caretaker may have been limited to helping with the prosthesis and taking out the trash. Unless I missed it, there's been no release of the daily duties he was performing. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge