GUILTY UK - Julia James, 53, murdered, Snowdown, Kent, 27 April 2021 *ARREST* #2

Police did ask for anyone who had been in the area on Monday or Tuesday and had encountered a man who made them feel uneasy or caused them to change the path they were taking.There were also the people who found Julia who might have seen him either before or after Julia was killed .

BBM SBM

It always puzzled me why from the start police had asked people to check their dashcams from the day before, I think they may have multiple people who saw him, and once the photo came to light all positively identified him as being the man in the area.

The bolded part really reminds me of Lindsay Birbeck.

BBM SBM

It always puzzled me why from the start police had asked people to check their dashcams from the day before, I think they may have multiple people who saw him, and once the photo came to light all positively identified him as being the man in the area.

The bolded part really reminds me of Lindsay Birbeck.

Those are exactly my thoughts too.

I was referring to the possibility that people had come forward and described a man they had seen in the woods or fields on previous occasions when they had been walking either on the day Julia was killed or perhaps the day(s) before. I did not mean to imply that Police had definitely reported there were witnesses who had described photoman .Sorry for any confusion.

Police did ask for anyone who had been in the area on Monday or Tuesday and had encountered a man who made them feel uneasy or caused them to change the path they were taking.There were also the people who found Julia who might have seen him either before or after Julia was killed .

It was Julia's daughter who saw the comment and responded to it.
I read it on Kent police fb.

Ah OK, thanks for clarifying, thought I'd missed something.

I wonder if the image is actually from a police car dash cam? Perhaps a witness statement from the day of the crime gave a description of slim man, dark wavy hair, blue jacket and distinctive Nike bag. Then LE who were working at scene of crime read witness report and said ‘hang on, we drove past him the day after the murder’. They find the pic, show the witness who says ‘yes that’s him’.

But no one locally knows who he is as he either is new to area or keeps himself to himself for whatever reason (plus recent covid lockdown). So LE are forced to make a public appeal. When the photo comes out CW realises he is a marked man especially living so close to the crime scene so tries to make his escape. He might even have caught the train from Aylesham. Dover is only 4 stops away although 13 miles not the 8 miles from home he was reportedly arrested.

Might they release the photo even if they did know who he was? Then watch him and see how he reacts? I've no idea, I'm just wondering. But presumably someone who had nothing at all to do with it would come forward and talk to them?

Might they release the photo even if they did know who he was? Then watch him and see how he reacts? I've no idea, I'm just wondering. But presumably someone who had nothing at all to do with it would come forward and talk to them?

There is no way the police would have released that picture to just see how a suspect reacts.
If they knew who he was and where he was they would have taken him in for questioning and either found him not of interest to their inquiries or arrested him.

There is no way the police would have released that picture to just see how a suspect reacts.
If they knew who he was and where he was they would have taken him in for questioning and either found him not of interest to their inquiries or arrested him.
People often do things for more than one reason, I'm not suggesting that's the only reason. The 2011 census shows Aylesham, and surrounding villages having a population of 4,000. Though that's not so small that everyone would know everyone, it's small enough that everyone would know someone who knows someone who knows someone, and everyone would be known in some way. They may have had some idea who he was.

Anyway, this isn't worth an argument, I was just wondering. It just seems unlikely they would have no idea at all who he was.

People often do things for more than one reason, I'm not suggesting that's the only reason. The 2011 census shows Aylesham, and surrounding villages having a population of 4,000. Though that's not so small that everyone would know everyone, it's small enough that everyone would know someone who knows someone who knows someone, and everyone would be known in some way. They may have had some idea who he was.

Anyway, this isn't worth an argument, I was just wondering. It just seems unlikely they would have no idea at all who he was.

There have been new developments built in Alyesham. The estate where the police were searching was completed in 2017/8.

I think it is 9th July.

I have just looked it up and you were correct it has been reported as June 8th.
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/man-charged-with-mur…
James, 53, was found with fatal head injuries next to Akholt Wood, Snowdown, near Dover, on 27 April.

Callum Wheeler, 21, from Aylesham, appeared at Maidstone Crown Court via video link from Belmarsh prison.

Mr Wheeler spoke only to confirm his name and to say he could hear Judge Philip Statman during the 12-minute hearing. He was remanded in custody.

A trial date has been set for 29 November, with a plea and trial preparation hearing set for 8 June.

No members of Ms James's family were at the hearing.

Judge Statman said: "There being no application for bail, in the circumstances having looked at all the matters, it is right and proper the defendant should remain in custody."

Found him

Central Criminal Court ( Old Bailey )

Court 12 - sitting at 10:00 am

THE HONOURABLE MRS JUSTICE CHEEMA-GRUBB

SITTING AT 02:00 pm
Plea and Trial Preparation

U20210187 WHEELER, Callum

Defendant via CVP, COUNSEL TO ATTEND - Canterbury CC Matter - T20217101

That is interesting. He is appearing before Mrs Justice Cheema-Grubb. She will be the Judge in the trial of Sarah and Scott Walker - accused of the murder of Bernadette Walker ( begins Thursday this week ).

He is expected to enter a plea at today's hearing.

Prosecutor Martin Yale said: "He is charged with the murder of Julia James and there is no application for bail."

Mr Yale said officers were still working on forensic evidence, including an iron bar and officers were also trying to establish a possible motive for the extremely violent and apparently random attack.

Julia James murder suspect to appear in court

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back