Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #62 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not believe the camping story where the aunt was supposed to be present. It did not emerge until at least two weeks after Suzanne disappeared. It is complete rumor and there's absolutely nothing to suggest the aunt was there (the rumor comes from posts on FB, but those posts have been deleted).

We are not allowed to sleuth any of this, at any rate, so I'll let it go at that.

That's happened a LOT with this case. Rumors from various social media, YT channels, etc.
It's not helpful, that's for sure.

jmo

BM has two sisters. It has been reported (sorry I don't have a source) that he was his father's favorite to the exclusion of his sisters & wanted BM to play pro baseball. I have also read that his mother was very fond of Suzanne. Again, I cannot offer attribution, but I believe the camping trip the daughters were on when SM was reported missing was with one of BM's sisters.

Here is BM's father's obit: Rodger D. Morphew Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information
Thanks so much. Wow, looks a lot like his dad with the square-ish head.

Not sure we’ve talked about this or if there’s anything’ll significant about it, so checking with you great WS’ers.
Any ideas why BM would get permit to drill a water well on the Longhorn Ranch lot July, 2020 (right after purchase it appears) ? Is there any way to find out if he actually did drill a well? Permit doesn’t mean it actually happened, just that he had legal authority to drill. Screenshots from linked website
8366 Longhorn DR, Salida, CO. MOO
Error
84716-F
Keep getting error message on link to County website!?

Attachments

• 46606930-B102-42D4-9F44-EE3ABF4866A0.jpeg
    46606930-B102-42D4-9F44-EE3ABF4866A0.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 4C18A5AC-C82D-4686-84C5-1C119C53D580.jpeg
    4C18A5AC-C82D-4686-84C5-1C119C53D580.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
For those that follow more cases than I do, I’d love your feedback on:

If bone fragments, teeth or ashes were found at the Salida FBI dig site and they were identified as SM; would BM have been arrested sooner?

Also, I know we’ve been calling this a ‘no body’ case but has LE called it a no body case?

Also, I’d imagine BM would have access to fire accelerants via the CC VFD as I bet they keep them on hand for training purposes.
If fragments, teeth, ashes were found, I would think an arrest would have happened sooner...But, maybe not with a DA that had never tried a murder case before if she wasn’t on board. LE has not called this a “no body” case, but DA Stanley did say her body has not been found.
@ 4:20 MOO

Reposting this from the end of the last thread. I just don’t get how BM avoided GPS data tracking when it mattered most....
@EggSalad sbm bbm Respectfully, how are you reaching conclusion that BM avoided GPS-data-tracking, presumably at crucial time(s)? I'm not arguing or disputing, just wondering; I could have missed LE stmt re this.
Is it simply or largely based on time elapsed btwn MisPers rpt and BM's arrest? Or something else?

Well on Longhorn Dr?
Not sure we’ve talked about this or if there’s anything’ll significant about it, so checking with you great WS’ers.
Any ideas why BM would get permit to drill a water well on the Longhorn Ranch lot July, 2020 (right after purchase it appears) ? Is there any way to find out if he actually did drill a well? Permit doesn’t mean it actually happened, just that he had legal authority to drill. Screenshots from linked website
Error
84716-F
@Error505 bbm I found this.* Hope it helps. Zillow.com under "Home Details" ---
"Note: This property is not currently for sale or for rent on Zillow. The description and property data below may’ve been provided by a third party, the homeowner or public records.
"2 Acres with well and power. Beautiful mountain views of the Continental Divide, close to the Arkansas river, and just a few minutes to downtown Salida."
bbm

* 8366 Longhorn Dr, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow

Reposting this from the end of the last thread. I just don’t get how BM avoided GPS data tracking when it mattered most.

I have this odd thought that BM being at the Salida job site Friday night was his way of getting out of the house after the big fight he and SM had, but that he had also made his mind up on murder at that time. While I think he did do work there, I think he also went to someplace remote and dug SM’s grave (I recall some interview from MG where she stated BM called to tell her he’d be 1 hour late picking her up because he was up late the night before). Being on unfamiliar land at night and the rocky terrain, he damaged his bobcat digging the grave.

That was part of the reason he was acting odd on Saturday with MG. The bobcat was damaged and he didn’t want her to ask how it happened because he didn’t want to get caught in a lie. At the same time, he’s acting strange because he is about to murder his wife.

And he has to fix the bobcat promptly to avoid suspicion and to be able to bury her later that day.

But one of the missing pieces of that theory is that BM would have had to have towed the bobcat Friday night to the grave site without having gps tracking.

I wonder if DSI had any fleet trucks that BM would have access to? Although, I’d have to think LE would have checked the gps data on them.
Or maybe the other crews left an older vehicle at the the Salida river front house.

Well on Longhorn Dr?
@Error505 bbm I found this.* Hope it helps. Zillow.com under "Home Details" ---
"Note: This property is not currently for sale or for rent on Zillow. The description and property data below may’ve been provided by a third party, the homeowner or public records.
2 Acres with well and power. Beautiful mountain views of the Continental Divide, close to the Arkansas river, and just a few minutes to downtown Salida."
bbm

* 8366 Longhorn Dr, Salida, CO 81201 | Zillow
If BM drilled that well, he lost more than just $15,000 when he sold it back at a loss to the developer. Good sleuthing @al66pine. It was a dig site due to hits by cadaver dogs.

FBI agents are seen investigating plot of land owned by Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew's husband | Daily Mail Online

Last edited by a moderator:
This CM video is a visit to BM hometown & discusses BM growing up w/dad wanting him to be a pro baseball player
What dad wouldn't if they had a son that just might qualify for the pros. He might have ridden him hard, but in the long vision that isn't a rare occurrence. I have friends who would move heaven and earth to get a college sports scholarship or an invite to the pro pathand yes some are great and some ride the kids pretty hard. Makes me wonder if C is jealous of Barry's athletic prowess in his youth.

Well Drilling/Construction Timing?
.... if he actually did drill a well? ...8366 Longhorn DR, Salida, CO. MOO
Error
84716-F ....
@Error505 bbm sbm
Briefly: Well drilling was completed Dec. 2. 2020.
At "Well Construction" line Click "View"
That opens file w one page form titled "GWS-31
And there you go.:)

IIRC, 100 ft, flow = 60 gal/min. Seems like a sufficient water for a single fam home.
Yrs ago, when we had well drilled, a lower flow rate, but water was slightly carbonated.
:DPerrier, no extra charge.:D)

Last edited:
Well Drilling/Construction Timing?

@Error505 bbm sbm
Briefly: Well drilling was completed Dec. 2. 2020.
At "Well Construction" line Click "View"
That opens file w one page form titled "GWS-31
And there you go.:)

IIRC, 100 ft, flow = 60 gal/min. Seems like a sufficient water for a single fam home. Yrs ago, when we had well drilled, a lower flow rate, but water was slightly carbonated. Perrier, no extra charge.)
You’re awesome! Thank you!

If BM drilled that well, he lost more than just $15,000 when he sold it back at a loss to the developer. Good sleuthing @al66pine. ...
@IRBHTX Thanks for your "Good sleuthing" comment.

(O/T. I just posted link to the driller's report. Did they hit water at 100 ft?
Or did I misinterp the report?)

Last edited:
What dad wouldn't if they had a son that just might qualify for the pros. He might have ridden him hard, but in the long vision that isn't a rare occurrence. I have friends who would move heaven and earth to get a college sports scholarship or an invite to the pro pathand yes some are great and some ride the kids pretty hard. Makes me wonder if C is jealous of Barry's athletic prowess in his youth.

Above BBM. Are you referring to CM? Why in the world CM be jealous of BM's "athletic prowess"? Not following.

Error
84716-F

This is how a well looks in Colorado.

So unless there was just a big hole in the ground for an old-fashioned well (and, to me, drilling suggests a small entry point that taps into an underground aquifer) ... I am not sure that a well would be a likely dumping place.

xx2.JPG xx3.JPG
Private Wells for Home Use - 6.700 - Extension

Last edited:
If fragments, teeth, ashes were found, I would think an arrest would have happened sooner...But, maybe not with a DA that had never tried a murder case before if she wasn’t on board. LE has not called this a “no body” case, but DA Stanley did say her body has not been found.
@ 4:20 MOO

Ahhh, perfect. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads