Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
more people blindly trusting someone else to manage their money.....

A former Sydney financial adviser accused of defrauding a dozen people of almost $3.3 million says he feels for those who have lost their savings.

From May 2017 to March 2020, Gavin Fineff took funds from 12 people meant for shares holdings and diverted them to his own bank account, court documents allege.
Former Sydney financial adviser charged over $3.3 million fraud

Oh, that's so sweet.:mad:

Uncertainty over conclusions from post-mortem.

Ms Caddick’s parents, Ted and Barbara Grimley, have placed caveats on the Edgecliff penthouse their daughter bought for $2.55 million in 2016. The deposit and subsequent mortgage payments were derived from the proceeds of Ms Caddick’s crimes.

The Grimleys claim they gave their daughter $1.1 million from the sale of their previous home in Connells Point to reduce the mortgage on the property. They also had a written agreement with their daughter they would have a life tenancy.
Melissa Caddick post-mortem inconclusive, court hears

Speaking to 2GB, Gary Jubelin, former chief detective in the William Tyrrell case, said the 49-year-old could not have been acting alone and those on the “peripheral” could hold vital clues.

“I don’t think she could have been involved in that (alleged criminal behaviour) on her own,” he said when probed about the mystery.

“I would be looking at people that might have been on the peripheral, or might have been aware of it, because I’m sure she would have spoken to someone after the bubble burst and she realised people were on to her.

“Those people might know what her mindset was and have answers to the mystery.”
https://www.news.com.au/national/ns...e/news-story/536066c520bd3c4e363d037dca508e56

Not sure how to post this, but I saw something interesting on A Current Affair last night (31/5/21). No inferences are made by me, I'll let the videos do the taking.

It featured Dominque Grubisa. A Current Affair reported posivitly on DG Institute back in 2009, but how things have changed, allegedly, in my own opinion.

Self-proclaimed wealth guru’s credit licence cancelled by corporate regulator

Dominique Grubisa: Making a fortune from others’ misfortune

What do you think?
IA's Dominique Grubisa investigation hits the mainstream (independentaustralia.net)

This organisation has been writing about the plethora of 'financial advisor's ' and their skeevy ways, for quite some time, and a lot about the utter disinterest, even maladministration by ICAC , and other publicly funded outfits designated as watchdogs and bellringers who have been long asleep at the wheel of regulating financial trickery. The whole series is worth reading, as an insight into Melissa's world, and what attracted her victims to her smooth operation.

Last edited:
IA's Dominique Grubisa investigation hits the mainstream (independentaustralia.net)

This organisation has been writing about the plethora of 'financial advisor's ' and their skeevy ways, for quite some time, and a lot about the utter disinterest, even maladministration by ICAC , and other publicly funded outfits designated as watchdogs and bellringers who have been long asleep at the wheel of regulating financial trickery. The whole series is worth reading, as an insight into Melissa's world, and what attracted her victims to her smooth operation.
Interesting read Trooper, how in the hell can she be allowed to get away with this? I've heard tge phrase ambulance chaser and this gives a whole new meaning to a "help yourself approach".

Interesting read Trooper, how in the hell can she be allowed to get away with this? I've heard tge phrase ambulance chaser and this gives a whole new meaning to a "help yourself approach".
Robert Kiyosaki (of the Rich Dad Poor Dad books) is mentioned as one of Grubisa's supporters. Hanging around courts looking for distressed people to argue into selling their property for less than it was worth was one of the techniques he recommended. The idea that what he was doing wasn't ethical or decent he castigated as "poor dad thinking". "Poor Dad" was his original father, a schoolteacher, responsible and kind, who according to the book he repudiated in favour of his friend's rich dad. (From memory of reading the book about twenty years ago.)

Robert Kiyosaki (of the Rich Dad Poor Dad books) is mentioned as one of Grubisa's supporters. Hanging around courts looking for distressed people to argue into selling their property for less than it was worth was one of the techniques he recommended. The idea that what he was doing wasn't ethical or decent he castigated as "poor dad thinking". "Poor Dad" was his original father, a schoolteacher, responsible and kind, who according to the book he repudiated in favour of his friend's rich dad. (From memory of reading the book about twenty years ago.)
I did read this book, but must of glossed over the fact Kiyosaki did that, thats takes b***s, a huge amount of chutzpah, all for the sake of not becoming the "poor dad". So is this the only way to become a rich dad, I certaining taught my kids different lessons, and all have done extremely well for themselves AND never had to scan court lists for ther financial benefit!!

Of all the true crime stories that I’ve read this one will stick in my mind for a good long time. Despite my jaded and sceptical old self, I always find myself going to the more bonkers end of the “what ifs” with this one and I don’t think I’ll ever accept that she’s dead unless her body is recovered.

I feel for her son. Being old enough to understand the situation and then also being left with no answers must be so hard. I hope he’s surrounded by good, strong, principled and caring people. She was many things but she was also his mum.

Of all the true crime stories that I’ve read this one will stick in my mind for a good long time. Despite my jaded and sceptical old self, I always find myself going to the more bonkers end of the “what ifs” with this one and I don’t think I’ll ever accept that she’s dead unless her body is recovered.

I feel for her son. Being old enough to understand the situation and then also being left with no answers must be so hard. I hope he’s surrounded by good, strong, principled and caring people. She was many things but she was also his mum.
I hear ya , Beans.... every now and then , when the wind blows from the south east, with a touch of the Antarctic in it, and it trickles down the New South Head Rd, and whispers past my place, I think of that damned foot washing up.

Would she have actually hacked her own foot off ?? I think of that bloke who sawed off his own arm when caught in a canyon, during a rock climb.. human nature is unfathomable, we can do anything , the unthinkable if we have to, and she was a desperate , desperate women at that point.

Everything was exposed, everything was shouted from the rooftops, everyone knew.... .

I hear ya , Beans.... every now and then , when the wind blows from the south east, with a touch of the Antarctic in it, and it trickles down the New South Head Rd, and whispers past my place, I think of that damned foot washing up.

Would she have actually hacked her own foot off ?? I think of that bloke who sawed off his own arm when caught in a canyon, during a rock climb.. human nature is unfathomable, we can do anything , the unthinkable if we have to, and she was a desperate , desperate women at that point.

Everything was exposed, everything was shouted from the rooftops, everyone knew.... .

She was entrepreneurial in an extreme sense, she lived a life of excess, she lived a life of maximum pressure lies and worked so hard to build and maintain a particular persona that I just can’t shake the feeling that normal “omg don’t be ridiculous” criteria might not apply to her. The normal shame and fear boundaries that stop us from doing mad stuff just seem to have bounced off this woman.

Plus, I struggle to believe that she pulled this off alone. I also struggle to believe that her reckless bravado and strong grifter credentials wouldn’t have eventually brought her to the attention of or drawn her into the company of some pretty dangerous people. She’d be right up their street and she’d think she had the upper hand. IMO or course, just amateur thoughts and spec.

I hear you Troops, put a price on your life or even freedom.
I've always said I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
:D

She was entrepreneurial in an extreme sense, she lived a life of excess, she lived a life of maximum pressure lies and worked so hard to build and maintain a particular persona that I just can’t shake the feeling that normal “omg don’t be ridiculous” criteria might not apply to her. The normal shame and fear boundaries that stop us from doing mad stuff just seem to have bounced off this woman.

Plus, I struggle to believe that she pulled this off alone. I also struggle to believe that her reckless bravado and strong grifter credentials wouldn’t have eventually brought her to the attention of or drawn her into the company of some pretty dangerous people. She’d be right up their street and she’d think she had the upper hand. IMO or course, just amateur thoughts and spec.
You're on point. I agree with what you're saying and said it myself months back, only changing my opinion when I became paranoid the "baddies" would enlist the services of a tech genius to hack WS and find me via IP address...(yes, that bad) so I tried to throw off ahaha. I previously had male as my gender on here instead of female for the same reason..

But, my need for justice & truth ultimately outweighs everything else, or my brain starts firing up a few ovens that went cold at some stage and I suddenly see sense.

Feel free to PM me, I can expand upon the line of thought we're drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NebulasShift