Found Deceased Australia - Melissa Caddick, 49, Sydney, NSW, 12 Nov 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just returned from a week at Bournda, where the shoe was found on the beach. It took me 2hrs to walk the track from road to beach. And IMO the only way it got there by sea would have to be caught on a cargo ship and then broke free. Its a 6hr drive down the coast from dover heights, and that’s without stopping for petrol . Or it was a local drowning

I just returned from a week at Bournda, where the shoe was found on the beach. It took me 2hrs to walk the track from road to beach. And IMO the only way it got there by sea would have to be caught on a cargo ship and then broke free. Its a 6hr drive down the coast from dover heights, and that’s without stopping for petrol . Or it was a local drowning
Can you tell us anything more about the area, MissMarpleAU? It would be interesting to know more about the place or the people, and also your walk to the beach (why did it take 2 hours?). I saw in a National Parks guide that there's likely to be no mobile reception in the park: did you notice if phones were working there? Thanks!

Can you tell us anything more about the area, MissMarpleAU? It would be interesting to know more about the place or the people, and also your walk to the beach (why did it take 2 hours?). I saw in a National Parks guide that there's likely to be no mobile reception in the park: did you notice if phones were working there? Thanks!
Hi Stormbird, I agree the phone reception is pretty awful. The location is in the bush of the National Park. Where I stayed they required no contact details and happy to take cash. I didnt see the management the while time, they left us alone. The bush track is about a 3km walk (slower walk we have kids), proper hiking area to get to the beach. Our hiking shoes were filthy once we reached the beach. Very isolated place, IMO people leave you alone to do your thing. There are signs as you enter the bush that you are under camera surveillance. Hopes that helps

Hi Stormbird, I agree the phone reception is pretty awful. The location is in the bush of the National Park. Where I stayed they required no contact details and happy to take cash. I didnt see the management the while time, they left us alone. The bush track is about a 3km walk (slower walk we have kids), proper hiking area to get to the beach. Our hiking shoes were filthy once we reached the beach. Very isolated place, IMO people leave you alone to do your thing. There are signs as you enter the bush that you are under camera surveillance. Hopes that helps
Thanks for that! Re the camera surveillance: do you mean that a bush track near your accommodation had cameras, or does the National Park/campground/beach car park have them?

If you walked along the beach, were there many things washed up? (Natural things or rubbish, I'm just wondering how much ends up there. Someone quoted in a news report* said that she'd seen dead dolphins there - which to me sounded alarming, but neither she nor the reporter explained it, which might mean that it wasn't unusual because lots of things wash up there?)

*linked in thread 7, post 386

Thanks for that! Re the camera surveillance: do you mean that a bush track near your accommodation had cameras, or does the National Park/campground/beach car park have them?

If you walked along the beach, were there many things washed up? (Natural things or rubbish, I'm just wondering how much ends up there. Someone quoted in a news report* said that she'd seen dead dolphins there - which to me sounded alarming, but neither she nor the reporter explained it, which might mean that it wasn't unusual because lots of things wash up there?)

*linked in thread 7, post 386
The cameras were run by the National Park, on the same signage that said beware of fox traps which are lethal to dogs aswell, I should have taken a photo. There was no real rubbish or debris, a clean spot really, just a few burnt tree trunks swept in from last year’s bushfires. The beach does have a rip. We did have to make an unexpected crossing over a lagoon with sharp rocks, unexpected deep water after the heavy rain, although we spent some time looking for the shallowest point and carried the kids on shoulders. A not-so-experienced person may have come into a bit of trouble.

The cameras were run by the National Park, on the same signage that said beware of fox traps which are lethal to dogs aswell, I should have taken a photo. There was no real rubbish or debris, a clean spot really, just a few burnt tree trunks swept in from last year’s bushfires. The beach does have a rip. We did have to make an unexpected crossing over a lagoon with sharp rocks, unexpected deep water after the heavy rain, although we spent some time looking for the shallowest point and carried the kids on shoulders. A not-so-experienced person may have come into a bit of trouble.
Hi Miss Marple:)

Did you venture on your trip in the name of sleuthing?

If so, I find that incredibly admirable and you and your partner are awesome.

Any funds derived from the company, therefore, are funds from a criminal operation... .. ooooo...

now that label on those funds is going to have a real impact on what will be deemed as fair funds to be returned to the chosen victims of Melissa...... a huge impact on the claims of the brother, mother and father, too... ..

Last edited:
You're on point. I agree with what you're saying and said it myself months back, only changing my opinion when I became paranoid the "baddies" would enlist the services of a tech genius to hack WS and find me via IP address...(yes, that bad) so I tried to throw off ahaha. I previously had male as my gender on here instead of female for the same reason..

But, my need for justice & truth ultimately outweighs everything else, or my brain starts firing up a few ovens that went cold at some stage and I suddenly see sense.

Feel free to PM me, I can expand upon the line of thought we're drawing.
Ditto non binary OwlHeart, I feel you.

Melissa Caddick left investors nearly $24 million out of pocket, court told - ABC News

A neat story on how to do embezzlement successfully without really trying. Anyone can do it. Not a lot to hinder those who feel it is their calling to steal money with embellishment, embroidered theft, sort of. . ASIC, Police, Banks, Accountants, Lenders, ... all turn away with a little shrug.... caveat emptor.. ( let the buyer beware )..

'“Because of the fraudulent nature of this scheme … it was Ms Caddick who was the controlling mind of Maliver and therefore we invite the court to draw no distinction between the activities of Ms Caddick and Maliver,” he said.

(italics mine ).... this is the prosecutor speaking here, and to me, this is interesting, in so far as , it appears, that the DPP is arguing that Maliver, and anyone associated with Maliver, ( secretaries, accountants, advisors, go-fers, enablers etc ) are likewise tainted with the accusation and allegation of criminal activity.

Anyone else see it that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member