Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked about Tom being gay she replied, “I would have a problem with it. I would tell him it is a sin.”

@niikkee, that statement is an excellent example that demonstrates Penny Meek’s sincere honesty and transparency. When posed with a sensitive and personal question while in a public forum, many people would avoid a direct answer due to fear of those who would be critical. She did not. She answered truthfully as per her convictions, just as she has done since November 24, 2016.

I won't post his name but I believe that he was interviewed.
Why did Tucker send Tom a text before Penny even
@niikkee, that statement is an excellent example that demonstrates Penny Meek’s sincere honesty and transparency. When posed with a sensitive and personal question while in a public forum, many people would avoid a direct answer due to fear of those who would be critical. She did not. She answered truthfully as per her convictions, just as she has done since November 24, 2016.
She must be a good friend of yours as you show much admiration. I only know of her because of the case of Thomas Brown. I don’t know anyone personally involved. In my opinion there have been very questionable decisions that I felt were not in the best interest of finding truth. And then there is always one’s mental health and history to consider.

But what about Tom? Part of the issue for many people looking at this case is that the family is seemingly unwilling to see what many others seem to see. Convictions aside, what about reality, and what about Tom? I suspect this is why in episode 8 of the podcast, Skip kept pressing Penny about Tom’s sexuality. If Tom were struggling with his sexuality, who could he tell? His mom? His stepfather? His biological dad? I don’t know that he could tell any of them because of these very convictions you speak about. I want to believe and support Penny, but at this point the only person I truly believe is Christian.

I have been really teetering back and forth on the fence with different scenarios on what happened to Tom Brown. I would like to run this by you and it just my mind running in another direction. I have no real reason to believe this is what happened to Tom. If Tom was Googling the phone number for the suicide hotline (incognito) what if a friend of Tom's was feeling suicidal? He met up with friend at the gas station. Tom goes driving around with friend to talk friend down. Friend takes Tom's phone and disables it so he cannot make an emergency call. The friends go driving around (surveillance recording what may be his red Durango) during late hours. They park at the secluded wastewater plant and go for a walk or even a run. The friend pulls out a gun to shoot himself but a struggle ensues and the gun goes off. In the struggle Tom may have been shot, strangled, hit his head, some lethal injury. The suicidal shooter panics and runs back to the Durango dropping the shell casing (if it was not planted) in the car, leaving a blood drop behind. The shooter grabbed Tom's possessions from the car and walked or got a ride somewhere. Over the next few months, Tom's belongings were scattered around the area as shooter doubles back to check on state of and discovery of body.

I find it interesting that you said you were racking your brain for what "Tom or his family" could have done to receive such disdain. When you really think about it, is there really disdain toward the family or just Penny? It is also interesting that in the AG's meeting, the father seemed more upset with Klein than with LE. Also, do you ever wonder what Sage told her parents about the breakup when it first happened? I wonder what reason she gave for the breakup.

I think you mean Tom, not Brandon, however your point regarding her statement on the podcast is true. I guess my question regarding what Sage told her parents was meant to be more rhetorical and dubious. I'm not here to bash Sage or anybody really, but do you really think a teenager knew her boyfriend or former boyfriend had a diaper fetish, and the first person she told was LE during the investigation? I don't think that is what (young) people do in those situations. That would be quite a mature and well adjusted young lady to keep Tom's secret and never bring it up to anybody, especially after a breakup. She also has a knack for knowing exactly the right time to text Tom -- right as he was disappearing. It's just rather odd. But assuming she did tell her parents (or somebody else) about Tom's fetish well ahead of the disappearance, I wonder who her parents (or others) may have told. Makes you wonder. Oh, and speaking of wondering. I bring up the issue of the "family" because I don't see much disdain for the "family." I see disdain for Penny. Isn't it odd how NL called out Penny for not being irate regarding finding her son, but he never called out the father or the step father? It's odd.

Yes...I apologize, Tom.......I had been on the Brandon Lawson thread. Thank you!

I have been really teetering back and forth on the fence with different scenarios on what happened to Tom Brown. I would like to run this by you and it just my mind running in another direction. I have no real reason to believe this is what happened to Tom. If Tom was Googling the phone number for the suicide hotline (incognito) what if a friend of Tom's was feeling suicidal? He met up with friend at the gas station. Tom goes driving around with friend to talk friend down. Friend takes Tom's phone and disables it so he cannot make an emergency call. The friends go driving around (surveillance recording what may be his red Durango) during late hours. They park at the secluded wastewater plant and go for a walk or even a run. The friend pulls out a gun to shoot himself but a struggle ensues and the gun goes off. In the struggle Tom may have been shot, strangled, hit his head, some lethal injury. The suicidal shooter panics and runs back to the Durango dropping the shell casing (if it was not planted) in the car, leaving a blood drop behind. The shooter grabbed Tom's possessions from the car and walked or got a ride somewhere. Over the next few months, Tom's belongings were scattered around the area as shooter doubles back to check on state of and discovery of body.
I agree with the first part of your post. I think it is very possible he did the search for a friend, partner, new romantic interest, etc. I have been giving that a lot more thought recently.

I agree with the first part of your post. I think it is very possible he did the search for a friend, partner, new romantic interest, etc. I have been giving that a lot more thought recently.
Whatever happened on November 23-24, 2016, the OAG has much more information than is publicly available. I believe that they very likely have an accurate synopsis of what happened and very likely some persons of interest.
Recently I have been wondering if the Sheriff may have been dropping bread crumbs when he made his comments to Penny about Tom being gay and running away with an older man.

Recently I have been wondering if the Sheriff may have been dropping bread crumbs when he made his comments to Penny about Tom being gay and running away with an older man.

If the "ran away with an older man he met online" theory had any validity at all, LE would have already followed the lead and traced back to the source before discussing with Penny. LE agencies across the nation frequently secure similar search warrants when they have sufficient probable cause to convince a judge. Local LE obviously had not done so. IMO, that "theory" has a strong smell of diversion.

If the "ran away with an older man he met online" theory had any validity at all, LE would have already followed the lead and traced back to the source before discussing with Penny. LE agencies across the nation frequently secure similar search warrants when they have sufficient probable cause to convince a judge. Local LE obviously had not done so. IMO, that "theory" has a strong smell of diversion.
I do believe the Sheriff and his deputies were keeping an eye on Tom that night. They were being nosey. I don't think Tom was meeting an older man he met online. I think he was meeting a local man he knew well. I may be completely off base. I just don't understand why this man, if I am on to something, is/was being protected for the truth of what occurred. I would like to view some Canadian family trees.

Sorry I am new to this case and am hooked. I had heard about Thomas' last phone ping being at the football field. I then listened to a podcast that mentioned the brown/copper truck. I, as many, checked google maps. Looking at this street view picture from May 2014 at the football field and looking at the truck in the photos that Outwest posted it looks like the same truck. Maybe I'm way off but let me know what you think. I see a possible lifted brown/copper F250 tinted windows and even a white storage space in the bed of both trucks. I at least would like to know who owns the truck at the football field.
I’m catching up on this case and have read the second thread and listened to the podcast a few times. Forgive me for jumping in after the fact.
I heard of Tom Brown while researching another missing college student in Texas, Jason Landry. I am learning much by reviewing this case. There are similarities in the two cases as they both occurred in small towns, and local LE has been “interesting” in both.

But, I want to ask about this quote. I thought this was a very interesting find, the F250 that matches seemingly in the google maps image. I’m not sure who this may “presumably” belong to and maybe some here know and discount for a reason. But, I find the vehicle connection made here strong and wondered why there were no other comments about it? (For the record, I do know we can’t state who it belongs to if we knew-which I don’t.)

As I recall, there was mention of an F-250 seen on the streets that night but no indication that there was evidence that it was involved. I never heard mention whether LE or Klein checked further. On one of the CCTV videos an F-250 drove past on 2nd Street. However, Canadian is a rural ranching, agriculture, and natural gas production area and there are many similar vehicles there.

As I recall, there was mention of an F-250 seen on the streets that night but no indication that there was evidence that it was involved. I never heard mention whether LE or Klein checked further. On one of the CCTV videos an F-250 drove past on 2nd Street. However, Canadian is a rural ranching, agriculture, and natural gas production area and there are many similar vehicles there.
I brought it up because of the info contained in the quote here that said Klein had a tip regarding it. The original post I quoted seem to pretty particularly identify the same truck with an identifiable white tool case as well. Just wonder if it was a legit tip if Klein should know of the match to the google image the poster-@travispa- up thread found.

Just a couple of things before I forget:
1. I agree with your timeline. I also think it was “*someone* not involved with looking for Thomas that night (so sure, we may not be talking about the same person ;) ((I am talking about a grown adult here))),” who was involved in getting rid of the vehicle and the body.

2. Speaking of a truck, does anyone know if anything came of this?
“The rest of that fall [2017], Klein continued his investigation. In November, he made yet another appearance on Chris Samples’s radio show to talk about a tip he had received: allegedly, a brown or copper-colored Ford F-250 pickup had been seen tooling around the streets of Canadian at about the time that Tom had disappeared. Klein asked that anyone with pertinent information call his tip line.” (BBM)
Tom Brown’s Body, Chapter 5: Unusual Suspects

Here is an article from Dec., 2017:
Friday, 15 December, 2017
“The lead investigator in the case of missing Canadian teenager Thomas Brown says they are looking to speak with anyone who was in the downtown area the night Brown went missing and they are also looking for a specific vehicle.

Philip Klein, [...] hired by the Brown family, spoke with KXDJ’s Chris Samples on Tuesday and says they are looking for a white male who drives a dark brown or copper colored Ford F250.

‘When we first got involved in the case we had a tip on our tip line regarding this brown truck and that it was seen in the downtown area at the time of the disappearance. We did some follow up on it, but we didn’t really have enough information to know the make and model and exact color. On Sunday, the tip line rang, and a subject that we previously interviewed reminded us of the truck but also reminded us that he had seen that truck as he had been out searching that night,’ Klein explained.

He said they then went through different models and colors of trucks and Klein said the tipster immediately picked out a Ford F250 with a brownish or copper color.

Click here to hear more from him and Samples.

Another question Samples asked Klein was about the phone that was found during the search near Lake Marvin Road in recent weeks as well as the rumor mill that continues to churn.” (BBM)
Investigative Firm Looking For Specific Information From The Night Thomas Brown Disappeared

Regarding the F-250 ..... of course there are many F-250's in virtually any city. For what its worth, here are some photos taken at the same time (supposedly ~6:23am). One camera series is from the front of the Moody building (color) while the other series is from the back of the Moody building. A HCSO vehicle with unknown deputy is following close behind a dark colored F250 traveling south on 2nd Street. Not shown ... the deputy and sheriff pass each other then each make a u-turn and meet in the back parking lot of the Moody building.

I'm not completely in the know when it comes to this particular case. I've heard there was some suspicion levied at Dep Pyne Gregory, since he didn't want to go down the dirt track where Thomas' car was located, and he happened to find Tom's remains at 2am while looking for deer antlers.

I suppose my question would be, if Gregory was guilty why did he uncover the location of Tom's remains instead of leaving them hidden?

I'm not completely in the know when it comes to this particular case. I've heard there was some suspicion levied at Dep Pyne Gregory, since he didn't want to go down the dirt track where Thomas' car was located, and he happened to find Tom's remains at 2am while looking for deer antlers.

I suppose my question would be, if Gregory was guilty why did he uncover the location of Tom's remains instead of leaving them hidden?

It is my understanding that Deputy Gregory did not refuse to return to the water treatment area. Penny states in her initial interview with Ed Denzel (at 1:01:32) that Tucker wanted to return to the water treatment location but Tucker did not ask Pyne Gregory to do so because Tucker knew that Gregory's shift would soon be over.

IMO, one of the mysterious coincidences is that the Durango was captured on the Pavilion CCTV at 5:55 am; nearly precisely the time that the search was temporarily halted and Deputy Gregory was ending his shift and delivering Tucker back home. One might tend to consider that the search activities were being monitored to some extent.

It is my understanding that Deputy Gregory did not refuse to return to the water treatment area. Penny states in her initial interview with Ed Denzel (at 1:01:32) that Tucker wanted to return to the water treatment location but Tucker did not ask Pyne Gregory to do so because Tucker knew that Gregory's shift would soon be over.

IMO, one of the mysterious coincidences is that the Durango was captured on the Pavilion CCTV at 5:55 am; nearly precisely the time that the search was temporarily halted and Deputy Gregory was ending his shift and delivering Tucker back home. One might tend to consider that the search activities were being monitored to some extent.
I think it is fair to suspect that the search was tightly monitored. Tom was probably being monitored, too. We can assume by whom, but I think there is a question of for whom, too. That gets us back to the picture.

Why did Tucker send Tom a text before Penny even

She must be a good friend of yours as you show much admiration. I only know of her because of the case of Thomas Brown. I don’t know anyone personally involved. In my opinion there have been very questionable decisions that I felt were not in the best interest of finding truth. And then there is always one’s mental health and history to consider.
I have kids the exact same ages as Tom and Tucker.

If my younger son wasn't home when he was supposed to be, my oldest would definitely text his brother that he needed to get his a$$ home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member