Greece - Caroline Crouch, 20, Murdered, Athens, 11 May 2021 #3 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m so happy LE got him.

There were to many inconsistencies from the get go and the story never made sense. We had to thread lightly, but most of us felt immediately where this was going.
The Greek police did a great job!
I do hope B will be punished swiftly and hard too.
I have no idea why some guys think killing their wife is a better option than divorce...

That poor baby will grow up without both parents, it’s so very sad.

The evidence from Caroline's watch is very telling. Some of you may have been following the murder of Myrna Nilsson in Adelaide, South Australia. She was wearing an Apple watch, which recorded a flurry of movement, and then her death. Her daughterinlaw is the accused, and is facing trial (again) in August. The watch evidence is supposed to be the first time a smart watch has "given evidence" in a case.

Last edited:
I wonder if Caroline made the death deserving mistake of calling him "stupid".

Well... as you prolly know...

It is NEVER okay to kill ANYONE...

With the VERY ONE caveat...
Is if the victim calls the aggressor " STUPID"...

THEN... and ONLY then... are all bets off...

Justifiable Homicide...
and the aggressor gets a city street named after her/him, to boot! :)

Greek husband 'CONFESSES to murdering British wife Caroline Crouch' sources say | Daily Mail Online

[…]

But now police say Babis has confessed to stuffing cloth into Caroline's mouth and then smothering her to death during a row in which she had threatened to leave him along with their child, before spending the pre-dawn hours staging the robbery.

As part of his cover-up, detectives say the 33-year-old helicopter pilot drowned the family dog and hanged its body from an a stair banister - something he would later blame on the 'raiders'.

But his story fell apart when a fitness tracker on Caroline's wrist showed her heart had stopped beating hours before the alleged break-in took place.

More tracking data from Babis's phone also showed him moving from the attic to the basement of the house and back again, despite claiming to have spent all night tied to the bed.

And data from a security camera at the home showed its memory card had been removed at 1.20am - again, hours before Babis claimed the break-in happened.

[…]

BBM

Just confirmation of some bits incl how he killed the dog. Hard to drown a dog I would think

I know very little about law - I wonder if he should have a lawyer with him during interrogation. You know - Miranda Right. What do you think? Im anxious.
Miranda Rights are a US thing, the rest of the world has the same thing but they are called different things or just a caution that you have the right to remain silent or...............

Greek husband 'CONFESSES to murdering British wife Caroline Crouch' sources say | Daily Mail Online

[…]

But now police say Babis has confessed to stuffing cloth into Caroline's mouth and then smothering her to death during a row in which she had threatened to leave him along with their child, before spending the pre-dawn hours staging the robbery.

As part of his cover-up, detectives say the 33-year-old helicopter pilot drowned the family dog and hanged its body from an a stair banister - something he would later blame on the 'raiders'.

But his story fell apart when a fitness tracker on Caroline's wrist showed her heart had stopped beating hours before the alleged break-in took place.

More tracking data from Babis's phone also showed him moving from the attic to the basement of the house and back again, despite claiming to have spent all night tied to the bed.

And data from a security camera at the home showed its memory card had been removed at 1.20am - again, hours before Babis claimed the break-in happened.

[…]

Just confirmation of some bits incl how he killed the dog. Hard to drown a dog I would think
Re drown - I noticed that automatic translator renders "strangulation" into "drowning".

He would have been off to groom another 15year old to comfort the poor widower had he gotten away with this.

I seriously do wonder this above theory/hypothesis/forgive me for not using the correct term.
Perhaps we may never know if Mr. Helicopter Guy had another young gal/prey lined up prior to this murder...

but... I really would not be surprised if he did...
perhaps he will get a new set of veneers and tint the ends of his coif a lemony yellow a la B Morphew...
and this creep will have all sorts of gals sending him love letters in prison....
He might even think this whole tragedy paid off for him? o_O

I understand. Im thinking about a lawyer present. I dont want that B later says that he was coerced or intimidated.

I imagine the Greek police did every thing by the book to avoid him using a loop hole to claim any irregularities during his arrest and interrogation.
They did allow him to attend Caroline's memorial service.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. Maybe Caroline found out about it.

I seriously do wonder this above theory/hypothesis/forgive me for not using the correct term.
Perhaps we may never know if Mr. Helicopter Guy had another young gal/prey lined up prior to this murder...

but... I really would not be surprised if he did..

I imagine the Greek police did every thing by the book to avoid him using a loop hole to claim any irregularities during his arrest and interrogation.
I trust LE. But I remember the mess with British girl raped by Israeli teens. She accused the police for coercion and her lawyer wasn't present. But maybe it was in Cyprus.

As much as I do understand the fear that B may be "let off" for some unforeseen oversight...

I actually DO have much faith in these Greek Law Enforcement Officers...

I find them quite sly and unassuming in the best ways possible!

B was initially annoyed that the therapist had given "important" testimony to LE, knowing that she would reveal that things weren't as perfect as they seemed in the relationship. LE saw that he was spooked, and encouraged the therapist to speak to the press giving a glowing account which fits with B's narrative. It's just unfortunate the press then looked into her and realised she had made up her credentials. Can her testimony still be used if the evidence she gave was gained under false pretences (impersonating a psychologist)?

B is a classic narcissist. His instagram eulogy to C - "Together forever" - i.e. if I can't have you, no one can.

IMO

but... I really would not be surprised if he did...
perhaps he will get a new set of veneers and tint the ends of his coif a lemony yellow a la B Morphew...
and this creep will have all sorts of gals sending him love letters in prison....
He might even think this whole tragedy paid off for him? o_O
There is a saying about sailors AND pilots : In every port...

And I think the police were just biding their time pretending to be going along with B's story while waiting for the smart watch and iphone data - as this can take a while to get

Reports said that texts were exchanged between Caroline and her husband during a fight.

And one of the words used was "stupid".

I wondered why that word would have even been worth mentioning ?
And also wondered whether calling someone stupid in Greek culture was a very offensive thing.

Like a mortal insult :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member