GUILTY OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are in County Jails and don't have the same security designations as the DOC
Department of Corrections.

Jake's security level is for him going to prison. When the others are convicted, found guilty, I can get their prison system security levels.

Expect Level 5.....They talked about breaking out of jail and that is not lost on the prisons so it would be hard for them to even go down to Level 4.

I'll get the Other Acts, make sure it's approved by Mods............

...2 Cents....

I've seen the Other Acts posted here before, so what would the issue be now?

Ive been wondering how Jake will manage to stay safe in prison.

He looks young and almost delicate. Will he be living among the general population?

I think he will be at the highest security level where there is much more security and less freedom of movement. No reason to put him in protected custody unless there is a specific reason like he gets attacked, threatened or feels unsafe and requests it.

In jail we know he and George are in the general population. George's lawyer said George wanted to get away from everyone and do his own thing and read his Bible by being housed in solitary confinment

And Jake's lawyer said early on that Jake complains that inmates try to get information from him about his Case.

I think he will be notorious in prison because he killed 8 people and I think it will make it hard for him to blend in. Really the inmates don't know what crimes others are in for unless they say, but I believe it will be throughout the whole prison system of Ohio what he (and his family) are in for.

Ive been wondering how Jake will manage to stay safe in prison.

He looks young and almost delicate. Will he be living among the general population?

I think he will be at the highest security level where there is much more security and less freedom of movement. No reason to put him in protected custody unless there is a specific reason like he gets attacked, threatened or feels unsafe and requests it.

In jail we know he and George are in the general population. George's lawyer said George wanted to get away from everyone and do his own thing and read his Bible by being housed in solitary confinment.

Suspect in family of 8 slayings seeks solitary confinem…

And Jake's lawyer said early on that Jake complains that inmates try to get information from him about his Case.

Jake Wagner Claims "Jail Snitches" Trying to Pry Info On Rhoden Murders | 94 Country WKKJ

I think he will be notorious in prison because he killed 8 people and I think it will make it hard for him to blend in. Really the inmates don't know what crimes others are in for unless they say, but I believe it will be throughout the whole prison system of Ohio what he (and his family) are in for.

Last edited:

In jail we know he and George are in the general population. George's lawyer said George wanted to get away from everyone and do his own thing and read his Bible by being housed in solitary confinment

At least, I don't remember I only remember Jake coming to a hearing one time with a busted lip. Remember Angela and Billy appearing with apparent injuries but can't provide links right now so JMO.

Suspect in family of 8 slayings seeks solitary confinem…

JMO, but I don't think anyone is going to be scared of Jake in prison.

Fortunately, one of the Websleuths verified attorneys exchanged some messages with us about this case. They explained the strategies prosecutors use to set up and negotiate plea deals successfully and how the process works. We had this discussion here back when it looked like AW's mom, Rita N, was going to make a plea deal.

Once RN made her deal, things were looking grim for the rest of the 4 Wagners. As the evidence piled up, the taped conversations AW had with her mom and brother were added. One can only imagine there was damning evidence in those hours of phone conversations.

According to @PrairieWind's tutorial, scheduling Jake's trial first was an important move.
Exposing all the evidence in the strongest case at trial would put pressure on the rest of the defendants to bargain. That also meant Jake would likely be found guilty and sentenced to death. He had to make the first deal in order to save his own life.

The fact the defense teams submitted zero evidence to exonerate their clients, then announced they would challenge the scientific validity of ballistic and shoe print evidence was another bad omen. By the time they got around to Agent Scheiderer's testimony at GW4's hearing and the "Other Acts" evidence, the outlook was grim. The "Other Acts" painted a horrifying picture of the Wagner family and their history of abusive, twisted behavior.

The only part of Jake's plea deal that surprised me was that he capitulated so quickly. His trial wasn't scheduled until August 2021.

ETA: Our WS verified attorney member had nothing to do with the 4 Wagners' cases nor had any inside information. They simply read what was linked to here at WS and gave us a textbook description of why, how and when plea bargains are negotiated and managed by prosecution and the court in murder cases.

Thank you for this.

I'm not so sure any of the Ws will be in GP, at least initially. It really depends on where they are housed. If they are housed in the supermax at Youngstown they could very well be on lockdown 23hrs a day.

I agree they are going to be marked simply because they are high profile inmates.

I'm not so sure any of the Ws will be in GP, at least initially. It really depends on where they are housed. If they are housed in the supermax at Youngstown they could very well be on lockdown 23hrs a day.

I agree they are going to be marked simply because they are high profile inmates.

Interesting. I looked it up - it is the closest prison to FWF's.

https://prisoninsight.com/correctional-facilities/state/ohio/ohio-state-penitentiary/

Ohio State Penitentiary is a supermax prison for male inmates that is located in Youngstown, Ohio. Operated by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections, Ohio State Penitentiary has a population of approximately 500 inmates.

Inmates classified in Levels 5A and 5B are active leaders of security threat groups or they are prisoners who have failed to adapt. Level 4 and Level 3 inmates are in similar cells, but they have more freedom to move around the cell block.

Last edited:
I've seen the Other Acts posted here before, so what would the issue be now?

I posted where they are a few posts up.

The issue was I posted the Other Acts Evidence for you and it was deleted because there was no link to a source which we never had to do before. We could simply post the Motions and the Court Stamp was enough to verify.

@Sillybilly can clear this up so we know for sure.

Last edited:

Some of the victims may have friends behind those fences.

Some of the victims may have friends behind those fences.

Yah. Every inmate (who are not abusers themselves) who hates men targeting women and children, of which there are 6. Will not go well. I know this is what will haunt him...forever.....2 Cents

Now whose going to put $$ on the books for him? Who now will take his phone calls? He more than disgraced his family name, he totally destroyed it.

FW proclaimed his innocence in public quite a few times....Now she is humiliated....2 Cents

INFAMOUS IN PRISON
  1. Well known for some bad quality or deed.
    synonyms:
    notorious · disreputable

Last edited:
06/21/2021 01:30 PM PRE-TRIAL
06/21/2021 01:30 PM MOTION HEARING

I wonder what the Motion will be? Hummm

Per my notes - I do not believe any of the motions (in bold) have been taken care of yet.

1/22/21: Motion #61: Motion in Limine to exclude photos of weapons, shell casings & related items. Motion #62: Motion to revoke D. Andrew Wilson's appointment of special prosecuting attorney. Motion #63: Motion to require the government to reveal any agreement, conditional or otherwise, with any prosecution witness including LE officers that could influence his or her testimony. Motion #64: Motion to compel the production of transcripts of audio recordings the State intends to use at the trial. Motion #65: Motion to compel the production of "other acts" evidence pursuant to Evid.R.404(B).
2/19/21: Motion #66 to set pretrial hearing filed by Richard M. Nash, Jr. 2/22/21: Notice of intent to use other acts evidence pursuant to 404(B) filed. (Other acts evidence is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character.
3/25/21 Update: Motion #67: Defendant's motion to exclude evidence (Discovery violation) filed by John P. Parker. Motion #68: Defendant's motion to dispose critical witness pursuant to Crim. R. 15 filed by John P. Parker. Next motion hearing (on bolded above) on 4/28/21.
4/28/21 Update: Will not be proceeding with motions today given recent events. Canepa said within 30 days they will give the defense the information from the recent developments. Defense did get transcripts of more evidence (State's Supplemental Discovery). See post 660 here: GUILTY - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61 State’s supplement discovery filed. Hearing rescheduled as pretrial hearing on 6/21/21.
6/8/21: Motion #69: Defendant's motion for supplementary discovery filed. Defendant seeks an order from the Court setting a deadline for the prosecution to provide recorded interviews of Jake Wagner, including warrants & affidavits along with inventory receipts & photos or videos of evidence collection, as well as all expert reports. Motion #70: Defendant's motion to set a trial date filed. 6/8/21: Subpoena issued to Gregory Myers (Jake's attorney). 6/8/21: GW4 attorneys want Gregory Myers to provide them with all mental health records, reports or diagnosis on evaluations & all medical records (in their possession) which have been provided to the prosecutor or prepared for mitigation in regard to Jake Wagner. Records can be provided to counsel in lieu of appearing. Filed by Richard Nash. Also motion hearing on 6/21/21.

All my opinion!

AW, wants to call FW, please send me some commissary, money. I did not sell the family out Jake did.

JW, hair is now cut, in the latest mug shot. I am sure he doesn't want to enter prison, with the long hair. I am sure he will have a new understanding, to what physical abuse is all about.

No matter how bad, anyone thanks, they are their is always some one a little tougher.

All three Wagner men will never be housed at the same prison.

I would not be surprised, if JW, is not sent to the reception center. With him, pleading it might be a better way to keep him safe, till he testifies.

Per my notes - I do not believe any of the motions (in bold) have been taken care of yet.

1/22/21: Motion #61: Motion in Limine to exclude photos of weapons, shell casings & related items. Motion #62: Motion to revoke D. Andrew Wilson's appointment of special prosecuting attorney. Motion #63: Motion to require the government to reveal any agreement, conditional or otherwise, with any prosecution witness including LE officers that could influence his or her testimony. Motion #64: Motion to compel the production of transcripts of audio recordings the State intends to use at the trial. Motion #65: Motion to compel the production of "other acts" evidence pursuant to Evid.R.404(B).
2/19/21: Motion #66 to set pretrial hearing filed by Richard M. Nash, Jr. 2/22/21: Notice of intent to use other acts evidence pursuant to 404(B) filed. (Other acts evidence is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character.
3/25/21 Update: Motion #67: Defendant's motion to exclude evidence (Discovery violation) filed by John P. Parker. Motion #68: Defendant's motion to dispose critical witness pursuant to Crim. R. 15 filed by John P. Parker. Next motion hearing (on bolded above) on 4/28/21.
4/28/21 Update: Will not be proceeding with motions today given recent events. Canepa said within 30 days they will give the defense the information from the recent developments. Defense did get transcripts of more evidence (State's Supplemental Discovery). See post 660 here: GUILTY - OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #61 State’s supplement discovery filed. Hearing rescheduled as pretrial hearing on 6/21/21.
6/8/21: Motion #69: Defendant's motion for supplementary discovery filed. Defendant seeks an order from the Court setting a deadline for the prosecution to provide recorded interviews of Jake Wagner, including warrants & affidavits along with inventory receipts & photos or videos of evidence collection, as well as all expert reports. Motion #70: Defendant's motion to set a trial date filed. 6/8/21: Subpoena issued to Gregory Myers (Jake's attorney). 6/8/21: GW4 attorneys want Gregory Myers to provide them with all mental health records, reports or diagnosis on evaluations & all medical records (in their possession) which have been provided to the prosecutor or prepared for mitigation in regard to Jake Wagner. Records can be provided to counsel in lieu of appearing. Filed by Richard Nash. Also motion hearing on 6/21/21.

This is great! Thanks 9er ... Interesting stuff. With 4 defendants the Motions can seem overwhelming, it helps to have relevant ones posted.

Weren’t there some Motions dropped by the Defense at the last GWIV hearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Displaced_Fey