WV WV - Angel Overstreet, 3 Months Old, Huntington, 8 May 2021

I don’t live far from Huntington either. WV law enforcement is HORRIBLE at keeping the public up-to-date. I’m not saying all law enforcement officers are bad. I’m just sad to see this be almost a “norm” in WV.
JMO

I live in Huntington and unless family makes a huge fuss this is the norm for Huntington and surrounding cities . Everything going on, nothing on the news or in the paper. I usually read about something on facebook community watch pages first, but nothing there either.

This is the first time I have heard about this case. Bless that baby's sweet heart. I don't understand why some cases like this get virtually no coverage. Who is going to Angel's voice? Ugh. Just heartbreaking.

Stumbled across this article and this is the first I've heard about this little angel missing too. What the heck? :(

JUN 23, 2021
Police search pond for infant missing from Huntington since early May | WBOY.com
[...]

According to Huntington City Official Bryan Chambers, Huntington Police and multiple other law enforcement agencies are searching a pond in Carter County, Kentucky. The pond is on land owned by Shannon Overstreet, the father of Angel Nichole Overstreet.

On May 26, we learned that Huntington Police had been working with Kentucky police, the U.S. Marshals, and the FBI to execute warrants on Angel’s father’s residence, his mother’s residence and various electronic devices. It was at that time that police informed the public that they were concerned for the safety of the child.

[...]

Chambers says no one has been eliminated as a suspect regarding the disappearance of Angel.

Article updated from yesterday:

According to the Huntington Police Department, the pond was drained on Tuesday. They started searching the pond on Wednesday. Police say they are taking buckets of silt and contents at the bottom of the pond to look for any materials that may not be consistent with what would typically be found at the bottom of a pond.

Investigators searching pond in connection with missing baby

Article updated from yesterday:

According to the Huntington Police Department, the pond was drained on Tuesday. They started searching the pond on Wednesday. Police say they are taking buckets of silt and contents at the bottom of the pond to look for any materials that may not be consistent with what would typically be found at the bottom of a pond.

Investigators searching pond in connection with missing baby

:( Is there no other family speaking out for this baby? Not even the Mama? It's sad enough, but that just makes it even more heartbreaking to me.

OMG!! Even if the guy had nothing to do with this precious baby's disappearance..yeah right..they should keep him locked forever. He has proven time and time again he's not only abusive but violent and sadistic (the tattoo) towards women. Don't let him bond out, get bailed out, whatever, so he can go find the baby's mother. Restraining orders do not always work. Some men can take classes and therapy and change, but this one never will. When we start treating DV as serious as it is, maybe less women will end missing and on a new thread here. Just pisses me off beyond words. Poor little baby. moo

Last edited:
JUN 25, 2021
Huntington Police, Kentucky State Police and the FBI conclude pond search for evidence in missing infant girl, Angel Overstreet's, disappearance (wowktv.com)
Authorities say a pond on Shannon Overstreet’s property was drained for investigators to search for any possible evidence related to Angel’s disappearance. Investigators say they will not comment on what has or has not been collected from the pond and anything recovered during the search will be analyzed to assess its evidentiary value.

Investigators wrapping up search at Carter County pond in missing infant case | WSET
Multiple law enforcement agencies were on site for four days.

The Huntington Police Department, Kentucky State Police, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Cabell County Prosecutor’s Office, the Olive Hill Volunteer Fire Department, Carter County attorney Brian Hayes, West Virginia State Police Crime Scene Response Team Coordinator David Castle, the West Virginia Intelligence Fusion Center and Clark’s Pump N Shop Marathon in Olive Hill all participated or assisted in the search.

JUN 28, 2021
Huntington chief says search continues for missing child - WV MetroNews
After searching a remote pond in neighboring Kentucky for a week, Huntington Police Chief Ray Cornwell did not indicate if authorities were any closer to locating a missing infant from the region.

[...]

“Anything collected in that search will have to be analyzed for any evidential value. There’s no smoking gun we’re looking for there, it’s just part of the process of completing a thorough and comprehensive investigation,” the chief added.

Overstreet is behind bars on a charge of malicious wounding. The charges are unrelated to the missing child’s case. Cornwell refused to call Overstreet a suspect or a person of interest in the cases. He also indicated there’s always hope they’ll find the child alive and well.

[...]

JUN 30, 2021
Police conclude search of Olive Hill pond: No new information released (cartercountytimes.com)
... The search team drained and sifted the debris from a pond on the property as part of the search, but they had not released any information on the results of that search at press time.

[...]

Overstreet is currently housed in the Cabell County Jail on an unrelated assault charge. While police say he has not been named as a suspect in his daughter’s disappearance, he has not been eliminated as a suspect either.

Kentucky State Police were contacted and declined to comment on this story. Representatives with the Huntington PD were unavailable for comment when contacted. We were also unable to contact anyone with the local FBI office for comment.

[...]

I can't believe/ understand how quiet the media & LE have been about Angel. A precious baby just disappears and we hear <crickets>??? Praying for a resolution soon. Hope Angel is safe, snug, secure & happy - wherever she is.

Here is an update
Facebook page aims to keep case of missing Huntington infant in the public eye
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) - The Huntington Police Department is searching for a three-month-old baby girl who hasn’t been seen in weeks.

According to HPD, Angel Nichole Overstreet has not been seen since approximately May 8, 2021.

Representatives of West Virginia Child Protective Services (CPS) contacted the Police Department on Monday, May 24, stating they had been asked to follow-up with Angel’s father, Shannon Overstreet, regarding custody issues stemming from Kentucky.

CPS representatives also stated Shannon told them he had turned Angel over to CPS approximately two weeks earlier.

At this time, investigators are unable to substantiate a custody exchange between Shannon and the two described CPS workers.

Police searching for missing infant

Any updates in this case? Is LE actively doing anything to find her?

ETA~
This is still an active investigation as they are still processing evidence from the pond. Shannon Overstreet still remains in Western Regional Jail on the unrelated charges of battery and malicious wounding.
Facebook page aims to keep case of missing Huntington infant in the public eye

Was the above statement supposed to be attributed to LE? This was from September 25, 2021

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back