Found Deceased Scotland - Sarah Buick, 25, summit of Ben Nevis, 22 June 2021

StillDiggin

Reaction score
Police Scotland are appealing for witnesses that can assist in tracing Sarah Buick in the Lochaber area.

Sarah is a keen walker and was last known to be, as pictured at the Summit of Ben Nevis at 05:00 hours 22/06/21, however she may have moved on to other locations within the area.

If you have sighted Sarah at any time on or after 22/06/21 please contact the Police straight away on 101, quoting incident number PS-20210622-2741.

Police launch search for missing woman last seen on top of Ben Nevis

Please Sarah be located safe and no dramas of the last selfie which we have seen before.

Did she climb alone? Nobody saw her come down? Otherwise mountain rescue would be searching?

Clearly Sarah hasnt let her friends and family know she is safe and down from the mountain. Mountain rescue have been out, at least the helicopter has. I would imagine with a 5 am picture on the summit that Sarah must have some camping gear. She looks like an experienced walker. She posted a pic on Scotland scenery of the stob coire screamhach a couple of weeks ago.

Yes mods please update the date to June, its my mistake. To take a pic at 5am on the summit i would of thought she would of camped, but this is not necessarily true. Many people do Ben Nevis in the dark to get up for the sunrise. People often do Ben Nevis in the dark for the 3 peaks in 24 hours in Scotland, England and Wales. If Sarah descended on the same path down then hopefully we will have witnesses who were climbing Ben Nevis in the morning to see if there are any sightings.
Not sure if she is she alone but if you look at her fb pics on that day there looks to me a person in the distance. Her Fb is easy to find with a simple search.

I did Ben Nevis as part of the 3 peaks challenge

it’s the highest peak of the 3 so it’s done first. There are no places to camp really. It’s an exposed mountainside with not many options/different paths. There’s a lake at halfway point

it’s the highest peak of the 3 so it’s done first. There are no places to camp really. It’s an exposed mountainside with not many options/different paths.

Not only that, but dangerously foul weather can appear quickly. Has the weather on Nevis for that day been reported?

thumb_515_647x400_0_0_crop.jpg

nothing reported on the weather. looked clear at the top from her photo but that can all change in a heartbeat up there. theres only 2 ways up/down the mountain and if i'm honest, its a fairly straightforward relatively easy trek but i'm sure she would have been found if on the mountain still. If she has moved off to another mountain as alluded to, i wonder did she have a car parked somewhere?

Going through the comments, someone mentioned that the weather turned at about 5pm that day, clearly 12 hours after the last contact or the selfie pic. The car was found in a secluded spot not in any car parks. No info on where this is yet.
Hopefully the orange back pack and turquoise coat make her distinctive.

I really hope she’s okay :(

Please excuse me if this is over-speculating, but I had noticed that in all her Instagram posts featuring her adventures and hikes that she goes on, Sarah uses proper capitalisation of munro/mountain names etc, but in her most recent Facebook post with photos at Ben Nevis, she doesn’t.. just seems a little odd to me.

The time does not surprise me, but the date slightly does. It is fairly popular to do a pre-dawn ‘summer solstice’ climb to see the sunrise, but that was the day prior.

I’m not necessarily meaning Ben Nevis, I did a walk up our biggest hill (Southern Uplands) with a local group on Monday and it was amazing to see the sunrise and still manage to get to work on time! I really hope Sarah can be located safe and well.

Yes, I've been to Fort William and seen where the climbers and hikers mainly park, but just wondered if there were other options.

I wonder why she'd park in a secluded space? Most women wouldn't!

Makes me think he car may have been driven there afterwards??

Or someone saw her car there and took advantage of the seclusion?

During June there will be many climbers up at Ben Nevis, and if she is up there, I hope she'll be found.

Car parking may be cheap if you are there less than a day, if you are there a couple of days why not park for free? Shes experienced, knows the areas of free parking that the public might not find. It looks like she did not walk the main path down from Ben Nevis as people that set off 6am that morning did not see her come down. I just hope these people have come forward that was in Sarahs last shot.

Attachments

• 5FB7E0CD-D2C5-48BE-95CB-FECBED405469.png
    5FB7E0CD-D2C5-48BE-95CB-FECBED405469.png
    245.6 KB · Views: 48
Car parking may be cheap if you are there less than a day, if you are there a couple of days why not park for free?

Well, it seems a bit churlish to spend all that money on equipment and boots and the cost of the trip itself, petrol getting there... then trying to save a couple of pounds on parking!
Surely a car would be better left in the main car park. There are facilities there at least.

I hope the police search the area around her car, I fear something may have happened when she got back and someone saw a lone female and took advantage.

I wonder also if she was sleeping in her car before and/or after the climb?

Well, it seems a bit churlish to spend all that money on equipment and boots and the cost of the trip itself, petrol getting there... then trying to save a couple of pounds on parking!
Surely a car would be better left in the main car park. There are facilities there at least

I am an experienced female solo hiker. I don’t know what time she parked her car and the car park may have been full, but also I often park outside of car parks (being careful not to obstruct roads, gateways, etc.) and I don’t think this is unusual - I don’t know how much the parking charge is at this specific location but it can be around £8+ in these places for a full day (sometimes overnight parking isn’t allowed in the car parks), and there isn’t a big advantage to having toilets there when you’re a hiker who is likely to need to go to the toilet outside during your day anyway. You’re there to walk for miles so adding a bit extra on to park somewhere for free is no big deal. I really hope she’s found safe soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back