AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a photo of what was planted. It's not really a classic garden.

Thank you for posting this! I have been wondering about the garden and the planting. This would not have taken much time at all to "plant".

Image-from-iOS-9-1.jpg

If the owner of the red/maroon Tacoma is involved, that driver would surely follow all LE reports on the incident. That person knows everyone is on the lookout for that vehicle. If I put myself in their shoes, I want that truck as far away from me as possible. So, what would I do?

Continue to drive it around town. Um... no.

I could list it on Craig's List (or alternate selling/trading platform) however, I would assume LE is monitoring that. Probably wouldn't go that route.

I could trade it in at a dealership and drive away in a different vehicle. That's risky too though since the salesman may be following the case as well. So much documentation changes hands on a legit vehcile purchase. Nope, wouldn't go that route either... unless I took it out of state.

Park it somewhere remote and walk away. Okay... maybe. But I'd always wonder if I hid it well enough.

Set it on fire? Nope. Way to much attention. I would literally bring LE right to it, once the FD put out the blaze.

Sink it in the lake. Tons of places to do that. But... vehicles don't always sink as expected. And, it's prime season for people to seek out spots to cool off in the water. Nope, to risky.

Report it stolen? Nope. Bad move. That would surely draw attention to me.

Perhaps I would take it to the crusher. We have those around here. Basically a metal scrap yard that gives you a few hundred bucks for your vehicle. The vehicle is crushed and that's the end if that. Most yards are legit, some are not. I might be able to get away with it. But, if the "not so legit" crusher employee catches wind of that 50k reward, I'm screwed.

If my criminal brain didn't like any of those options, I'd be left with just one thing to do...

Drive out of state. The Amber Alert was limited to TN. From that starting point in East TN, it would take less than an hour to cross into Kentucky, Virginia or North Carolina. In 2 hours, I could be in Georgia.

Since it has been nearly 14 days, I could be anywhere in the country. And, I'd be feeling fine... unless the Amber Alert was changed to Nationwide. But what are the odds of that happening? Slim to none.

Hmmmm... I'll take: Drive out of state for $100, Alex.

(someone posted this link and now I cannot find it to quote them... )
Link to WCYB-NBC affiliate Bristol, VA, news video. At 2:15 of 2:40 the screen reads:

- TBI is looking for the driver of a Toyota pickup truck
- The driver is not a suspect but a potential witness

For one thing, LE knows that the public will assume this IS a suspect, an RSO, a kidnapper and NOT a witness as they have said. Are you suspicious of this vehicle's driver in spite of the LE statement? I find their wording odd, too, that it seems LE wants the driver to come forward. There is no request for the public to send in tips about or be on the lookout for a 20 year old, beat up, red, Toyota work truck. It could be a regional variation but I just found it odd, almost like a message to someone. JMO

Link to WCYB-NBC affiliate Bristol, VA, news video. At 2:15 of 2:40 the screen reads:

For one thing, LE knows that the public will assume this IS a suspect, an RSO, a kidnapper and NOT a witness as they have said. Are you suspicious of this vehicle's driver in spite of the LE statement? I find their wording odd, too, that it seems LE wants the driver to come forward. There is no request for the public to send in tips about or be on the lookout for a 20 year old, beat up, red, Toyota work truck. It could be a regional variation but I just found it odd, almost like a message to someone. JMO

So do you feel since it was less of a BOLO than a "please come forward," that LE already knows exactly who drives that truck, and made that announcement to measure response?

All I know is, this is the only vehicle/driver the LE has announced to be on the lookout for, so my guess is it's pretty serious.

I agree that one might not be aware of what other adults or teenagers are doing or where they are during a normal day,but people tend to be more aware of where a 5 year old child is and what they are doing.

To an extent, yes, I agree. Definitely I keep better track of my kids than my husband. But she's 5, not 2. And if she's used to a small amount of independence on their property (i.e. she goes outside and plays in the yard alone, goes between house and camper, rides bike in the neighborhood), and if there's more than 1 adult around and generally keeping an eye out, along with other children, I still don't know that I could give exact times of when I did what and exactly what kiddo was doing at each of those times. Others might have a different experience/opinion, be less 'free range', etc. and that's fine, of course. I just don't think it automatically means it's necessarily suspicious.

Maybe it belongs to a friend of the real suspect. This is LE's way of notifying them that they know more about what happened...

I'm not blaming the parents for whatever has happened to Summer but one thing that has seemed odd to me from the beginning is the way the father so quickly dismissed the possibility that Summer was in the woods and instead focused on kidnapping. The parents may have drilled it into the kids not to go into the woods but kids will be kids. Does this seem odd to anyone else?
Somewhat odd, yes. Unless Summer was afraid of the woods.

All MOO....I would hope that LE using all things available would know where job site was and be able to trace his whereabouts on the roads through traffic/residential/store/industrial cameras and his cell tower pings.

He claimed to have driven at excessive speeds to get home, I would think that LE would look at traffic cameras to see that for themselves when he gave that statement.

The fact they are focusing on talking to someone in the red truck that was in the area of the home and so much of the search was based around the area of the home, I am comfortable with thinking that DW was in fact at work. Again.... MOO

All MOO....I would hope that LE using all things available would know where job site was and be able to trace his whereabouts on the roads through traffic/residential/store/industrial cameras and his cell tower pings.

He claimed to have driven at excessive speeds to get home, I would think that LE would look at traffic cameras to see that for themselves when he gave that statement.

The fact they are focusing on talking to someone in the red truck that was in the area of the home and so much of the search was based around the area of the home, I am comfortable with thinking that DW was in fact at work. Again.... MOO

I have to wonder if there are traffic camera in the area where he would be? An adjoining town rejected traffic cameras as too invasive of their rights. Certainly, some businesses and more and more homes are installing security cams, but I'd think they are sparse.
Others in the area: what do you think?

Yes, this possibility has definitely crossed my mind. That TBI knows who this individual is, has suspicions about this individual, and has put out this alert in order to see how he (assuming "he") acts, what he does. IF so, TBI is watching closely and he's being covertly surveilled.

Yes, this possibility has definitely crossed my mind. That TBI knows who this individual is, has suspicions about this individual, and has put out this alert in order to see how he (assuming "he") acts, what he does. IF so, TBI is watching closely and he's being covertly surveilled.
If LE knows who the owner is, I would think they would go directly to talk to him/her, not play a game and watch for a reaction.

I'm thinking they saw the truck on a video, but not the plates and they don't know who was driving it.

jmo

For some reason it’s statements like these that make me think they’re absolutely out of leads. MOO.
I don't think it is so much put of leads as it is digging up evidence.
If LE knows who the owner is, I would think they would go directly to talk to him/her, not play a game and watch for a reaction.

I'm thinking they saw the truck on a video, but not the plates and they don't know who was driving it.

jmo

ITA....LE may very well have multiple persons under covert surveillance. However, I doubt at this time they are sitting back playing cat and mouse and waiting for the mouse to try and get the cheese. All JMO

I don't think it is so much put of leads as it is digging up evidence.

ITA....LE may very well have multiple persons under covert surveillance. However, I doubt at this time they are sitting back playing cat and mouse and waiting for the mouse to try and get the cheese. All JMO
With a little girl's life at stake, I would think this would not be the time to wait on the mouse.

I have to wonder if there are traffic camera in the area where he would be? An adjoining town rejected traffic cameras as too invasive of their rights. Certainly, some businesses and more and more homes are installing security cams, but I'd think they are sparse.
Others in the area: what do you think?
I am hoping that more people than we think have home cameras. There was someone who had a home camera when Officer Winum was shot here. so they had a view other than that of his patrol car.
More and more people are using technology so fingers crossed...

I am hoping that more people than we think have home cameras. There was someone who had a home camera when Officer Winum was shot here. so they had a view other than that of his patrol car.
More and more people are using technology so fingers crossed...
True, but this is out in the country. Who expects this type of trouble? I wonder if many people in that area fuss with cams vs. big dogs and smith and Wesson.

amateur opinion and speculation

I'll take paint it a different
Hey... there's a good option! I wonder though, if my acquaintances/coworkers/family know my truck has always been red/maroon, then I paint it after the TBI request... should I be concerned someone will find that suspicious and call in a tip?
I'd hope someone would call it in but some people just seem to stick together...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX