AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought CW did phone 911, however I did run quickly past a few pages on here. If I was looking for a missing 5 yo, and someone told me they were calling 911 I'd say OK, I'm back out looking. Also can see me telling another family member to call while I kept looking.

I've heard a lot of posters going back and forth on this. Honestly, I don't see any reason why it can't be true that BOTH parents called 911. In fact, I've always just assumed that they did. But to your point, yeah. If something happened and my husband said he was going to call 911 , I wouldn't immediately jump on the idea that I needed to call 911 too. One of us called...done. I do, however, find it a little strange that CW called DW before calling 911, but maybe she was just unsure of the seriousness of the problem and felt like she needed some reassurance before making the call. I could understand that, especially IF Summer truly hadn't been gone very long.

I humbly stand corrected! Thank you
IMO you made a valid point, as did other posters. Country life isn't much different than urban living in that neighborhoods tend to have their own "personalities." We have no idea of how the Wells' neighbors secure their properties so all we can do is guess and opine based on our own experiences.

AFAIK the family doesn't have any CCTV or trail cams but let's hope that other residents in the area do have some and that they've turned footage into LE.

I've heard a lot of posters going back and forth on this. Honestly, I don't see any reason why it can't be true that BOTH parents called 911. In fact, I've always just assumed that they did. But to your point, yeah. If something happened and my husband said he was going to call 911 , I wouldn't immediately jump on the idea that I needed to call 911 too. One of us called...done. I do, however, find it a little strange that CW called DW before calling 911, but maybe she was just unsure of the seriousness of the problem and felt like she needed some reassurance before making the call. I could understand that, especially IF Summer truly hadn't been gone very long.
To be honest I think I would call my husband first too and for the exact reasons you've stated.

Thought CW did phone 911, however I did run quickly past a few pages on here. If I was looking for a missing 5 yo, and someone told me they were calling 911 I'd say OK, I'm back out looking. Also can see me telling another family member to call while I kept looking.
IIRC DW said he told her to call, then he rang them straight after talking to CW. So it could just be that he didn't tell her he was going to call it in too.

It is also likely to be what another poster stated up thread. Someone saw the vehicle, but is unsure of the date. Maybe it was in the area both days.

I think the good news is, if they witnessed something or have any information, this is a pretty detailed description of a vehicle (ladder, buckets. Etc) and if the owner doesn’t follow media/hear the request to contact TBI, then chances are someone might recognize the vehicle description and call it in.

All JMO
Description of the truck sounds like it might belong to a painter. JMO

True, but this is out in the country. Who expects this type of trouble? I wonder if many people in that area fuss with cams vs. big dogs and smith and Wesson.

amateur opinion and speculation

Agreed. We do have trail cams in the trees though. (We have $$$ trucks & trailers- a neighbor kid who has already damaged one with his BB gun, a missing battery, and numerous stolen tri ball hitches.) Along with big dogs and Smith & Wesson.

Been mulling this over, if I lost my child my first thought is going to be abduction. DW was adamant she would not got into the woods alone and if this is the case then I'm assuming he believes that because as far as he knows, she never has so it's not such a stretch that his head goes to abduction. He said himself there are all sorts of nefarious people living around there.
ETA: That being said, I don't think I would then go to sex trafficking as an option. Everybody's wired differently though so who knows.

Last edited:
Agreed. We do have trail cams in the trees though. (We have $$$ trucks & trailers- a neighbor kid who has already damaged one with his BB gun, a missing battery, and numerous stolen tri ball hitches.) Along with big dogs and Smith & Wesson.
I should add that more than a couple of my country livin' kin have geese. They say they are the best, most ferocious watch "dogs" you can have.

Regardless, it's good to hear from locals that it is likely there are cams around that caught this mysterious red pickup on video. I do agree, however, with whomever said it's likely already painted or tucked away in a barn/garage.

Amateur opinion and speculation

If I could just throw this out there (to add to the discussion regarding the discrepancy between DW's statement of 2 minutes and the dispatchers comment of "about 10 minutes now")...

DW stated he was in Jonesborough when he called 911. If we take that as fact, his 911 call would've been routed to a Washington County dispatch center (or possibly THP if he was close to I-81). After the dispatcher ascertained where units actually needed to be routed (adjoining county), the call would've been transferred to Hawkins. That would add (at minimum) another minute or so between the time DW hung up with CW and the dispatch went out.

So, it stands to reason the dispatcher did the math and said "about 10 minutes now".

In addition to providing a possible delay to Hawkins County dispatch, it also brings an additional fact to light.

If the call was transferred to Hawkins, there would be a record of a 911 call at the original dispatch center. That fact alone would tell LE whether or not he was actually in Washington County when he made that call.

The only possible outlier to that would be if he was really close to the Hawkins County line. In that case, he may have routed directly to Hawkins (and they would be the only dispatch center with a logged call from him).

Even considering the outlier is true, 911 calls automatically pull up coordinates for the cell tower being used. LE would look at that to determine a general location as well.

Either way, LE would've known all of that within the first minutes/hours of the search. Because, even though we are in the hills, these boys are well trained and know what they are doing.

IMO, one could assume the LE would've focused much harder on DW from Day 1 if Hawkins was the only center to receive his 911 call.

Just my humble opinion.

I don't know what to think about that interview. Why would she have felt the need to walk Summer from grandma's house to the front porch of their house? They're on the same property, right? That seems unlikely to me.

I don't know what to think about that interview. Why would she have felt the need to walk Summer from grandma's house to the front porch of their house? They're on the same property, right? That seems unlikely to me.
Right! one of my questions too. I have a few more...
ETA: I think I know exactly why she said that.

That interview left me with more questions. I feel like the parents talk in circles - they say that Summer tried to/wanted to shave her head to be like her mom and brothers, but later said mom shaved her head to make Summer feel better about having her head shaved. Not that the reasoning behind it even matters, but it’s just more contradictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value