Found Deceased VA - Bruce Rubin, 61, jogger, Primland Resort, Patrick Co., 2 July 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search underway for man missing from resort

Patrick County Sheriff Dan Smith said Bruce Rubin, a 61-year-old guest at Primland, went jogging on the resort’s property at 11 a.m. Friday, July 2, and did not return.

Rubin is described as a white man, 5-feet, 9-inches tall and weighing 185 to 200 pounds. He has brown eyes, short gray hair and a beard.

When last seen, he was wearing a T-shirt, shorts and running shoes, according to the release.

Hazards listed in the release are steep terrain.

Anyone with information on Rubin is urged to contact the Patrick County Sheriff’s Office at (276) 694 3161 or Primland Resort at (276) 222-3825.

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I didn't see it.

61 year old Bruce Rubin, staying at Primland Resort in Patrick County Virginia, went jogging on Friday morning and never returned. 911 was called Friday night. Very odd.

Jogger missing out of Patrick County

I'm glad you posted, this is very near me. I can see the lights from Primland on a clear night. I've stayed here several times over the years.

Questions running through my mind: he went out at 11 am but didn't get reported until evening (7:20 pm per article above). Just thinking if my old husband (note: please don't tell him I called him old lol) went out jogging in the summer heat and wasn't back either when he told me he'd be there, or in a reasonable time (to me) I'd have started to get very concerned and would have sounded the alarm way earlier.

That makes me ask if he was staying there alone or was he with others who were doing something else and no one noticed until they got back in from wherever?

Did he have a cell phone with him? And no one heard from him all day?

I hope upon hope he just strained something and is just waiting for help to come to get him back home.

My dad is a volunteer firefighter in Patrick County- no additional information from him other than searchers are out now looking for him
Wow So glad you are here. I’ve been scouring the news and F B for an update. Sheriff is saying nothing.

This area is beautiful, the views are spectacular, but the terrain is very steep and treacherous .

Bless your father and keep us updated. Have they set up a command center? I thought about running some food and water up to the Vesta FD, but was sure where they were working from.
@sunshine1980

I hope they check all bathrooms on the property. I’m thinking medical emergency, like a heart attack. Sometimes people head to the restroom when they start to feel ill while out running.

yes…. I remember a case just like you described some years ago. The gentleman was found in a construction porta potty on his jogging route. I’m sorry I don’t remember his name or the location.

Wow So glad you are here. I’ve been scouring the news and F B for an update. Sheriff is saying nothing.

This area is beautiful, the views are spectacular, but the terrain is very steep and treacherous .

Bless your father and keep us updated. Have they set up a command center? I thought about running some food and water up to the Vesta FD, but was sure where they were working from.
@sunshine1980

Yeah, as soon as I saw where it was I figured I should ask him!

I’ll ask him and see if he knows if a command center is set up. He said they did have dog teams there and this morning they had rope rescue teams checking the cliffside.

@sunshine1980

He said Patrick County Emergency Management Services is handling but he’s not sure if there’s a command center right now. He’s on the special operations team but hasn’t been called in on it yet- they only wanted the rope certified people today

The poster says he had water (a camelback) and his cell phone. Log into Facebook

211508203_4649312215131631_7614574117600661905_n.jpg

He said Patrick County Emergency Management Services is handling but he’s not sure if there’s a command center right now. He’s on the special operations team but hasn’t been called in on it yet- they only wanted the rope certified people today
According to the sheriff’s office the Virginia Department of Emergency Management (VDEM) is directing the large-scale search effort.

It sounds like he was first reported missing to the resort. They probably searched their grounds before calling 911.

yes…. I remember a case just like you described some years ago. The gentleman was found in a construction porta potty on his jogging route. I’m sorry I don’t remember his name or the location.
You and I might be thinking about the same case. Wish I could remember his name. I think he was younger, like in his 30’s.

Just to clarify, they wanted the rope certified people for this case or just in general?

I wonder why they needed rope people, do they think he fell somewhere? IMO

They were roping off of the cliffside to check, yes. There are steep cliffs in the area around the resort from what I’ve gathered and they searched the area with dogs so I think they’re just trying to cover all the bases. IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whasselbrink70
Back