GUILTY UK - Nicole Smallman, 27 & Bibaa Henry 46, Archdeacon's daughters, murdered London park, 7 June 2020

He clearly did it but I feel slightly uncomfortable, surely he wasn’t in the correct state of mind to instruct his defence? He appears to be an absolute whackjob. I can really see this getting appealed further down the line.

Maybe the defence were hoping a few of the jurors thought like me.

From Skigh's link above.........

DCI Simon Harding, the senior investigating officer for Operation Saxonstreet, said after the case: 'This has been a shocking case that will stay with all of us for many years to come, not least the awful way in which these two vibrant women met their deaths but also Hussein's bizarre deluded fantasies that he should sacrifice the women in exchange for a lottery win.

'I strongly believe that he would have gone on to kill more women if he hadn't injured his hand in such a way that he did when he killed Bibaa and Nicole.

'It's very difficult for my team still to this day to comprehend that this 18-year-old boy, as he was at the time, could have carried out such and such savage attacks.

'He showed disrespect for everything, for the families, support systems, the process, police, paramedics, everybody - and the jury,' Mr Harding said.

The contract with the devil talked about sacrificing women to win the lottery but police say they could 'never rule out' a racist motive because of 'right-wing themes' in his online activity.

Hussein's online conversations showed 'some limited evidence of far-right thoughts' but most was to do with spells and potions', Mr Harding said.

Three jurors had wept as Mr Glasgow read a statement from Mina Smallman while Hussein shook his head.

She said in the statement: 'On Friday 5th June 2020, Bibaa's birthday, I knew she had planned an outdoor party with her friends.

'Bibaa, being the responsible person that she was, had chosen to have a very small gathering in an outside place where people would be safe.

'I know she chose that venue because the plan was that they would watch the sunset together.

'Bibaa and Nikki loved music and regularly attended festivals.

'The purpose of the birthday celebration was to have a mini festival which is why she planned and organised it the way she did.

'Bibaa was a details person hence the cushions, blankets, tablemats.

'The weather had been very unpredictable that week and what often goes through my mind is that if it had been raining on that Friday, they wouldn't have been there and this nightmare would never have happened to our family and our precious girls would still be here today.

No one expects their children to die before them but to have two out of three of your children to be murdered on the same night is just incomprehensible.

To hear that our girls were dragged along the grass so their clothes were pulled up the placed in some kind of macabre position, it makes you think that this is a person who actually doesn't have a heart.

'There can be no connection with humanity.

'I understand poor upbringing, greed, I taught boys at secondary school and out of thousands of boys I have taught, I have never come across such evil.

No one expects their children to die before them but to have two out of three of your children to be murdered on the same night is just incomprehensible.

To hear that our girls were dragged along the grass so their clothes were pulled up the placed in some kind of macabre position, it makes you think that this is a person who actually doesn't have a heart.

'There can be no connection with humanity.

'I understand poor upbringing, greed, I taught boys at secondary school and out of thousands of boys I have taught, I have never come across such evil.
Did her statement include any reference to the further degradation and heartlessness shown by the officers who shared photos of the scene with their pals?

Hussein, who has Iraqi Kurdish heritage, had been referred to a de-radicalisation programme at the age of 15 and that police found evidence of right-wing activity on his computer after his arrest.

But despite police asking tech giant Apple for help they were unable to see what he viewed or who he talked to - because the firm refused to give them the password to his laptop.

Teenager, 19, murdered two sisters in London park after pact with demon to win the lottery

this makes me very angry

Did her statement include any reference to the further degradation and heartlessness shown by the officers who shared photos of the scene with their pals?

'Our family's grief was further compounded by the cordon officers who will now be known as despicable 1 and 2, any inner strength I had reserved had been torn away.

DCI Simon Harding

He said:

“He’s shown complete disrespect to the court system, turning his back on the judge, trying to stare out the family, and laugh, and sticking up loser signs."

That peice of filth (sorry), really put the sisters family and friends through the ringer. I know the English court system can hand down whole life sentences and I hope he is eligible for it. He has no redemption and does not deserve to walk amongst the public again.

Teen guilty of murdering two sisters in Wembley - recap

Teenager, 19, murdered two sisters in London park after pact with demon to win the lottery | Daily Mail Online

Hussein had attended Thomas Tallis School in Kidbrooke, South London where he was reported to the government's Prevent de-radicalisation programme in October 2017, at the age of 15.

The school raised concerns that Hussein 'may have been displaying vulnerability to radicalisation' and, after a further assessment, he was referred to the Channel programme, which is part of Prevent.

It came after his school found material he had accessed on school computers, including far-right propaganda.

Seven months later, in May 2018 he was discharged from the Channel process with 'no outstanding concerns at that time with respect to violent extremism or terrorism,' according to a Home Office statement.

After leaving the Channel programme, Hussein continued to receive 'relevant support' from his school, health and social services, and 'no further concerns were raised over his behaviour in respect of Prevent.'

In addition, the Prevent officers also carried out reviews at six and 12 months after he was discharged from the Channel process, and 'nothing of concern was identified to prompt any further intervention from Channel or Prevent,' the statement said.

Detectives now question whether Hussein may already have been set on a path to rightwing extremism and Satanism.

Police know that Hussein accessed the dark web but not what he viewed or who he talked to because he refused to give them the password to his laptop which had been used to surf the 'dark web'

They could not fully access his Apple iPad and police never found his mobile phone.

Last edited:
I wonder if the jury was trying very hard to see if he could have been fitted up by police for this crime, evidence planted in other words, because I just don't understand the length of the deliberations otherwise. His DNA was everywhere, the reason was written down, he's on CCTV coming home afterwards, he's got the hand injury, he's bought the knives.

His arrogance during the arrest was something else. I bet the prosecution were scratching their heads while the jury was out. Leaky ship eh.

Hussein, who has Iraqi Kurdish heritage, had been referred to a de-radicalisation programme at the age of 15 and that police found evidence of right-wing activity on his computer after his arrest.

But despite police asking tech giant Apple for help they were unable to see what he viewed or who he talked to - because the firm refused to give them the password to his laptop.

Teenager, 19, murdered two sisters in London park after pact with demon to win the lottery

this makes me very angry

That's odd, one of the articles I read earlier said almost the opposite; that Apple didn't even know about the police wanting the password, because it'd had to go through some courts that never let it get as far as Apple. Of course, the quote I recall has now gone, typical reporting, the nearest I found is from the Daily Mail (which wasn't a link I clicked on earlier, it was definitely something posted in this thread which wasn't DM or the Sun):

"Police after his arrest had also wanted to ask tech giant Apple for help because they were unable to see what he viewed or who he talked to - but the US courts refused to compel them to 'crack' storage used by his laptop." Teenager, 19, murdered two sisters in London park after pact with demon to win the lottery | Daily Mail Online - however it doesn't include the bit I remember where Apple claimed they were unaware of the request. So who knows what the real version of the story is, either way, the end result is infuriating, whoever is to blame.

In any case, I'm glad the result was guilty, albeit surprised at how long it took! Perhaps someone had to be convinced that despite him being fairly clearly not of sound mind, that wasn't what the jury were being asked... I'm utterly baffled at how it wasn't a diminished responsibility plea, the fact that he tried to claim it wasn't him only emphasises that his mind is really not working in a normal manner. I'm guessing the sentence will involve a secure hospital, he's clearly got some major issues going on - the deal with the demon thing is so wacky I'd assume it was put on (by someone perfectly sane) to try and get a manslaughter through diminished responsbility result if he'd gone that way, and yet he didn't... amazing.

Hopefully a very very long sentence, and if it's not whole life, then a LOT of psychiatric treatment to try and get him to some level of safety before release, as he is now, nobody's safe around him. The best way to honour a victim is to make sure their killer can't kill again, so here's hoping the sentence can give justice for Bibaa and Nicole.

That's odd, one of the articles I read earlier said almost the opposite; that Apple didn't even know about the police wanting the password, because it'd had to go through some courts that never let it get as far as Apple. Of course, the quote I recall has now gone, typical reporting, the nearest I found is from the Daily Mail (which wasn't a link I clicked on earlier, it was definitely something posted in this thread which wasn't DM or the Sun):

"Police after his arrest had also wanted to ask tech giant Apple for help because they were unable to see what he viewed or who he talked to - but the US courts refused to compel them to 'crack' storage used by his laptop." Teenager, 19, murdered two sisters in London park after pact with demon to win the lottery | Daily Mail Online - however it doesn't include the bit I remember where Apple claimed they were unaware of the request. So who knows what the real version of the story is, either way, the end result is infuriating, whoever is to blame.

In any case, I'm glad the result was guilty, albeit surprised at how long it took! Perhaps someone had to be convinced that despite him being fairly clearly not of sound mind, that wasn't what the jury were being asked... I'm utterly baffled at how it wasn't a diminished responsibility plea, the fact that he tried to claim it wasn't him only emphasises that his mind is really not working in a normal manner. I'm guessing the sentence will involve a secure hospital, he's clearly got some major issues going on - the deal with the demon thing is so wacky I'd assume it was put on (by someone perfectly sane) to try and get a manslaughter through diminished responsbility result if he'd gone that way, and yet he didn't... amazing.

Hopefully a very very long sentence, and if it's not whole life, then a LOT of psychiatric treatment to try and get him to some level of safety before release, as he is now, nobody's safe around him. The best way to honour a victim is to make sure their killer can't kill again, so here's hoping the sentence can give justice for Bibaa and Nicole.
Yes I also read that an American court had turned down the police request for help from Apple and that is why it didn't go any further - terrible

Well done to The Guardian for making this front page news and using a lovely photo of Bibaa and Nicole.

Utter contempt for all the other papers who are predictably more interested in a football match than the horrendous murder of two completely defenceless women.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again - how is this any different from the equally tragic murder of Rachel Nickell? Show anyone a photo of all three women and see which one they can name :(.

Rest in peace Bibaa and Nicole; the people on here will always remember your names.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back