GA - Gene Siller, 41, Paul Pierson, 76, & Henry Valdez, 46, murdered, Cobb Co, 3 July 2021 *ARREST*

And, how bizarre police this morning said no one is in any danger w/this killer on the loose? Huh? Usually that is what's said in a domestic violence situation.
Agreed, I'd say he is very likely a danger to the public.

On foot running from the scene, if familiar with the area, I would think he'd either head towards KSU, to take a car from a kid in a parking lot, or maybe head towards a restaurant like Wendy's or Waffle House to have an easy landmark to call someone to pick him up......

He'd be way too conspicuous walking up and down the residential Country Club streets to the West.

Attachments

• KSU.png
    KSU.png
    754.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
1. So, therefore, we almost have to conclude the killer knew Mr. Siller. Right?
2. I'm waiting to hear how it was Mr. Siller ended up out there on the 10th green. Did he get a call on his cell from the killer? Did the clubhouse/pro shop employees say "Look at that truck on the 10th green." and he drove the cart out there oblivious to the scenario.
3. Did the killer escape into a getaway vehicle? Crazy to think he escaped by running away.
4. Is the killer a disgruntled golf course employee under Mr. Siller?

Last edited:
So, therefore, we almost have to conclude the killer knew Mr. Siller. Right?
But I don't think the killer knew Mr. Siller. The Police said he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The killer drove on a closed golf course, headed towards a lake with 2 dead bodies in the bed of Paul Pierson's truck, and Siller happened to work there and went to check out the weird situation of a truck being on the course.

The fact that one of the bodies was a 76 year old out of town businessman makes me think that the killer didn't know him either......I don't know, the whole situation is so bizarre, but I feel that the Police are trying to downplay everything.....he most certainly is armed and dangerous.

I'll be interested to hear more about Pierson. What type of business was he involved and what area of town was he staying in?

But I don't think the killer knew Mr. Siller. The Police said he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. The killer drove on a closed golf course, headed towards a lake with 2 dead bodies in the bed of Paul Pierson's truck. The fact that one was a 76 year old out of town businessman makes me think that the killer didn't know him either......I don't know, the whole situation is so bizarre, but I feel that the Police are trying to downplay everything.....he most certainly is armed and dangerous.

The statement can be interpreted to mean the owner of truck and possibly other person not named are involved in criminal activity and that's not true.

I'd be very upset if I were a family member. And since when is there no threat to community under these circumstances.

This statement needs to be tightened up to put it mildly.

MOO

I can't help compare this to the Brian Nichols situation from 2005. Brian Nichols - Wikipedia He shot a judge, assaulted a deputy and hopped on Marta, carjacked someone's car, killed another man, etc. He went on a spree from Fulton County to Duluth, shooting or hurting anyone in his way. I remember it was March b/c I was at a St. Patty's Day Party in Piedmont Park I think. Brian Nichols was the only topic of conversation that day! It was an all out manhunt and everyone was on the lookout for him. His picture was everywhere. He was armed and dangerous, and then it all ended with a bizarre situation with a woman named Ashley Smith that prayed with him and later wrote a book about it. But again, why have we not seen any video footage of this killer and presumably we shouldn't be on the lookout for him?

Did he not shoot 3 people, at least one of which (Siller) he had absolutely no association with? So did Brian Nichols.....

Last edited:
Let me amend something I stated earlier. The police must know who the killer is in order to come out and say he is no danger to the community.
Agreed. Perhaps they think they have a better chance of catching him if they do not publicly name him. But I also still think that he is a danger to the public, contrary to the police statements that he is not a danger, based on the fact that he shot Siller just for driving up in a golf cart that day to investigate the truck on the green.

I can't help compare this to the Brian Nichols situation from 2005. Brian Nichols - Wikipedia He shot a judge, assaulted a deputy and hopped on Marta, carjacked someone's car, killed another man, etc. He went on a spree from Fulton County to Duluth, shooting or hurting anyone in his way. I remember it was March b/c I was at a St. Patty's Day Party in Piedmont Park I think. Brian Nichols was the only topic of conversation that day! It was an all out manhunt and everyone was on the lookout for him. His picture was everywhere. He was armed and dangerous, and then it all ended with a bizarre situation with a woman named Ashley Smith that prayed with him and later wrote a book about it. But again, why have we not seen any video footage of this killer and presumably we shouldn't be on the lookout for him?

Did he not shoot 3 people, at least one of which (Siller) he had absolutely no association with? So did Brian Nichols.....

EXCELLENT reference.
Like 1000X

I wonder where the initial confrontation with the truck owner took place. I wouldn’t necessarily rule out a connection to golf (if not the victims). Golf players will visit local golf courses when on business travel, and retirees sometimes continue on a consulting basis, especially if they are in a high-demand field and/or hold special expertise.

Cobb County Pinetree Country Club shooting | What we know | 11alive.com

One of the men was identified as 76-year-old Paul Pierson, who was the owner of the Ram 3500, according to police. The other man has not yet been identified.

According to a family friend, Pierson lives out of town and was in Atlanta on a business trip. His family is asking for privacy until the information is released publicly.

A Tuesday release from the police department said Pierson and the other unidentified victim appear to have no relation to the country club.

So, Pierson "lives out of town and was in Atlanta on a business trip". Anyone know if Pierson lives in Georgia, or does he live in another state? 'Just how far "out of town" does he reside?

Golf pro likely shot dead for witnessing an ‘active crime,’ cops say

Gene Siller likely shot dead for witnessing 'active crime'

A golf pro who was gunned down at a Georgia country club over the weekend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, police said Tuesday.

Gene Siller, 41, was likely shot and killed Saturday because he stumbled on and “witnessed an active crime taking place,” Cobb County police told WGCL-TV.

Cops said Siller, the director of golf at Pinetree Country Club near Kennesaw, was shot in the head when he approached a white Dodge Ram 3500 pickup truck that had driven onto the course around the 10th hole. Police later found two more bodies in the truck.

So, Pierson "lives out of town and was in Atlanta on a business trip". Anyone know if Pierson lives in Georgia, or does he live in another state? 'Just how far "out of town" does he reside?

I promise that I don’t mean in a snarky way: he seemingly lives close enough to drive for a business meeting. :) Presumably LE knows by now whether he was staying in a local hotel. It seems curious that the meeting wouldn’t be virtual, but if it was with a company that does a lot of defense / security work, perhaps it couldn’t be (speculation).

I’m curious about the third victim and whether he was linked to the suspect or the second victim. Has there been any indication as to when this spree began?

Going to guess killer hasn’t played golf, either. Doesn’t make sense why he’d drive through a sand pit. The only thing in front of him was the lake. Feels desperate or crazy. Looking at similar models of truck, it’s fairly expensive. Not much info on Pierson yet. Thought I read something that he was from out of town.

I live in this county and saw a very extensive search for a guy a few weeks ago who fled on foot after firing at an officer. It ended several hours later in the death of shooter. Hoping they can enlist similar methods to find this man.
Maybe the shooter was looking to dump the truck in the lake and bury the 2 dead bodies and the hi jacked truck. The owner of the truck was one of the dead bodies in back.

Golf pro likely shot dead for witnessing an ‘active crime,’ cops say

Gene Siller likely shot dead for witnessing 'active crime'

A golf pro who was gunned down at a Georgia country club over the weekend was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, police said Tuesday.

Gene Siller, 41, was likely shot and killed Saturday because he stumbled on and “witnessed an active crime taking place,” Cobb County police told WGCL-TV.

Cops said Siller, the director of golf at Pinetree Country Club near Kennesaw, was shot in the head when he approached a white Dodge Ram 3500 pickup truck that had driven onto the course around the 10th hole. Police later found two more bodies in the truck.

Not sure that it was, but IF the golf course was closed at that time, perhaps the perp knew that and did not expect to come upon anyone there.

Since LE is stating that Mr. Siller was killed because he had witnessed a crime taking place, was the crime the murders of the other 2 men? Perhaps it was the theft of the truck? Or what other crime could it be on a golf course in the middle of the day? This is such perplexing circumstances, not unlike the case of murderer Brian Nichols cited earlier by @alsleuther. Some crimes just have no logic whatsoever, and IMHO, those are the most terrifying.

I got stuck in standstill traffic in Cobb County during the manhunt for this guy a few weeks ago:
Man dead, officer injured by gunfire after domestic call

Same county police officers. Also an armed gunman on the loose. A main difference was he didn’t kill anyone but fired at a cop who was not killed because he was wearing a vest, thankfully. SWAT, dogs, choppers, highway shut down, neighboring jurisdictions called in and it took many hours before they tracked the suspect and shot him dead.

MOO but doubt nearby residents are keen on the suspect in a triple homicide out there with a gun. So did they have a similar response when they arrived on the scene at this triple murder? If not, why not? Just curious.

I work in property management so I have a background check software service. In a search for Paul Pierson's aged 76, there are only 2 listed in the US - Oklahoma and Nevada. If that is correct that is a long way to drive. I wonder if the three men drove together?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shoshanna777
Back